• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 PS3 region change

Started by zos'la, May 13, 2010, 12:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

When searching for ranked battles xbox 360 can change their region to AUS, how can we do this for PS3?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[8-----D] Toots

you need to make a seperate psn account with whatever region you want to be. So if you want to change your region settings to aussie then you need to make an aussie psn account

zos'la

oic,
I foudn a better way, if u go to custom game and set that to any it will find a random match for u.

massi4h

Yeah the thing is when you set it to any it only finds games where the creator set the region to any. Most australians will set it to "same" so if you are not in that region their game won't show up in your search.

Most of us generally create rooms open to all but just kick people from other countries if they join.

zos'la

hmm so there is no way we can search for aus matches without havint too create a new account...

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on May 13, 2010, 12:58:04 AM
hmm so there is no way we can search for aus matches without havint too create a new account...

I don't think so either. The only way around it is to add Aussies to your friends list. :/

zos'la

hmm lame this is one thing I am not liking -.-
Why can't they make it that you can search for all matches in custom match search rather than that i fuser is set to same region then it won't appear, it will only appear if they set it to ANY...
Hope they fix this in the next patch if there is one...

massi4h

Well the point of creating a game set to the same region is so people with crappy connections outside your country can't join your game.

What they need to do is combine NZ and Aus in the same region imo.

Lennysaurus

/TROLL TIME

Or they could sell their GAYSTATION3 and get a real man's console like an XBO360!!!

Need I remind you all?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on May 13, 2010, 09:18:33 AM
/TROLL TIME

Ok... I lol'd.

Honestly, I'm fucked off with the PS3. Might start looking for an XBOX replacement, but I doubt I'll have it before Nats :(

Back on topic... I had to do this the other day, because the PSN name I'd been using was my American account I jacked up to get HDR. So now I have to re-add everyone. Not Fun.

Even with an NZ flag, it's a mish to find Endless Battle games (in my experience) ... I've been playing quite a bit of ranked recently, because it's much easier to find games... although, the games I do find are generally against new folk who aren't very good yet :(
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Im not trolling here, but tbh unless you really value the PS3 exclusive games, it is alot easier to get online stuff going on the xbox460.

Ive had both consoles, and by far the xbox360 is the far more pleasurable online experience.  You really cant compare the two affter you have used both.  It's like night and day.

100% True

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

its not all that bad, there is nothing wrong with the PS3 except for some minor issues like the above, I am not saying its better than the xbox360 but it ain't worst either. There are ways around things but it would be nice if we could change our region on teh fly, anyways...

[8-----D] Toots

Make an Australian psn account = Profit

Seriously as long as you are playing at anytime after mid afternoon you will find tons of games with good connections.

What time do you usually hop on electric? I need to get some experience against abel

samurai black

Quote from: electric on May 13, 2010, 09:33:11 AM
Honestly, I'm fucked off with the PS3. Might start looking for an XBOX replacement, but I doubt I'll have it before Nats :(

no dammit, i need an abel to thrash me.

geneterror

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on May 13, 2010, 09:42:06 AM
Im not trolling here, but tbh unless you really value the PS3 exclusive games, it is alot easier to get online stuff going on the xbox460.

Ive had both consoles, and by far the xbox360 is the far more pleasurable online experience.  You really cant compare the two affter you have used both.  It's like night and day.
:'( I really do like the PS3 exclusives though especially the RPGs and so does Suzannah (she has even less interest in Xbox360 than me). We both prefer the more tradinally japanese genres/games and PS3 is the dominant console in Japan, they will always support it hence I will always buy a PS3 unless their is a massive shift for games like Disgaea 3, Demon Souls, White Knight Chronicles, Yakuza 3 etc to Xbox.
The ONLY game I play online is SSF4 (or sometimes HD Remix/Marvel if someones on) so there is no way I can justify a whole second console and sticks just for that. Can't be fucked with new sticks or modding my two existing ones I have, I'm shit at electronics stuff.

Looks like I'll be sticking with PS3 for better or worse.
KOW 2011