• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Guilty Gear XX : Accent Core

Started by !DIABLO GTR!, May 31, 2007, 08:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

It kinda works in A3 with the roster being so big.  But not sure if it's good for all fighting games.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on January 02, 2010, 10:36:18 AM
They are all also wildly different chars, unlike tekken or sf.

:D

I can't agree more.

:D

GG series had some of the most inventive and kick ass gimmicks for each character, really pushed the boundaries of character playstyles and differences. Depending on who you played it could seem like a completely different game altogether Ie. Venom >> Potemkin >> Faust >> Bridget >> etc etc etc.  Damn i need to play this game like right now.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w.w..w.w

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I personally like a lot of variation in character play-styles. Its why i use anakaris in MVC2, Fuerte in SF4, and to a lesser extent, Arakune when i bother playing Blazblue. I started picking up GGXX:R, but this was like, a week before BB released, so i might have to throw it in the PS2 again and have a jam.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

maelgrim

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 02, 2010, 11:47:51 AM
Quote from: fluxcore on January 02, 2010, 10:36:18 AM
They are all also wildly different chars, unlike tekken or sf.
T-DAT, but still , what people really want is a bigger roster.

Which is very difficult for a new IP. It will get there & they won't be cut & paste either :)
Anyway a new wardrobe = a new char (like Tekken) is not so easy when doing hand drawn 2d sprites.
SF2 only started with 8 playable chars, but today's youngins expect at least 30.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yea but remember sf2 was 29 years ago.

Oh yeah and SF4 Arcade ver only has 17 chars. 3 more than BB:CS. And SSF2T had 16, and the others had 12.3s had 20 A3 had like 30. Dont know how much GG has.  Not getting at anything here really.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

maelgrim

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 03, 2010, 03:53:42 AM
Yea but remember sf2 was 29 years ago.

Oh yeah and SF4 Arcade ver only has 17 chars. 3 more than BB:CS. And SSF2T had 16, and the others had 12.3s had 20 A3 had like 30. Dont know how much GG has.  Not getting at anything here really.

Thats my point - that it takes some time to build up a large cast.

The 30 char thing was more aimed at all the newbie gits on Gamefaqs & Dustloop who come on going 'omg it only has 12 chars! I can't handle this - what a waste of money, game <insert name here> has 30 blah blah blah'

At least BB's console success (which was far greater than Arc Sys expected) will have gone a long way in getting Sega & Arc Sys to come to some arrangement for GG.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on January 03, 2010, 09:04:21 AM
Quote from: weazzyefff on January 03, 2010, 03:53:42 AM
Yea but remember sf2 was 19 years ago.

fixed.
LOL, i'm so awesome at maths. You cant touch me fools.
Tekken 1 had 17 chars (1994), and the rest followed with more chars. Face it , the only game thats had 12 chars IS sf2 lmfao.  

Yup, new games are all good with me, but TBH , i'll be a lil pissed if it has 13 chars in it in like 2012.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

maelgrim

Yep Tekken had 18, but I think only 11 of them from memory (maybe less) had an original moveset :)

BB CS will have 14 all of which are completely different, i'm looking forward to that.

Hard to say how many a new GG game might have. GG started with 13.
Is Core Plus the latest ? how many chars does that have ?

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah but theyre still played different, in SF and Tekken. Theyre not exactly the same.

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: fluxcore on January 03, 2010, 05:47:17 PM

Slayer
I LMAO and died...

BUt SLayer is the manliest after all...

Mach Punch X 10000000000000000000000000000... PILE BUNKER!
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

samurai black

who has protips for sol and faust?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on February 03, 2010, 11:45:34 PM
who has protips for sol and faust?
Yup back dash to my house and give me your wii.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness