• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ooooooooohhhhh.

I can see myself giving yang a whirl, but id rather see how rolento would play tbh.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Well it looks like Yun and Yang are official:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/9/2/yun-yang-to-possibly-be-revealed-at-next-super-street-fighte.html

I guess that means I'll save a lot of money not playing the arcade version.

electric

What's so wrong with Yun and Yang ? I don't understand where all the hate is coming from (not necessarily just you Simon - but it seems to be a theme across the internet at the moment)

Is it because they're dive kick characters ? Or are people actually basing their decisions off of the 3S incarnations of these characters ? If people are scared of Genei Jin, I'll tell you right now, free of charge...

It. Isn't. Going. To. Work. The. Same.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on September 03, 2010, 11:36:39 PM
What's so wrong with Yun and Yang ? I don't understand where all the hate is coming from (not necessarily just you Simon - but it seems to be a theme across the internet at the moment)

Is it because they're dive kick characters ? Or are people actually basing their decisions off of the 3S incarnations of these characters ? If people are scared of Genei Jin, I'll tell you right now, free of charge...

For me (I can't speak for anyone else) Firstly their character design does not apppeal to me. I don't tend to like "trendy" characters. Secondly their playstyle is predictable and cookie cutter. It's so linear a into b into c to win the match. I don't feel their play style is going to add a new dimension to the game. Thirdly It feels as though there has been a lot of technical characters added to ssf4 over psychological characters. And two more technical characters bores me. Fourthly they take two spots with pretty similar playstyles. I think it would have been better to have two added characters with differing styles rather than two characters that pretty much play the same.

CrazyMobius

Mind you, Seth Killian has been quoting this after discussing SSF4 console balancing.

"Arcade version of SSFIV may have some surprises in store, so stay tuned..."

Hmm may be a reason to play after all!

moose!

(Based on the 3S incarnations) I don't think Yang/Yun are technical at all, with the exception of Genei/Senei combos, in fact almost jokingly the opposite imo.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of them in the game, but if Yang can rush shit down like in 3S I'm all for him being in it.

Edit: the picture of the arcade cab- that really looks like Urien (though a bit dark for his normal colour), maybe Elena?

fluxcore

Rush shit down? Are we thinking about the same SF4?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

moose!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Rumours flying around that Poison might be one of the new chars.

I wholeheartedly approve of HER being added tbh. Could be quite interesting.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

If the dude has a penis but looks like a girl do you still call it a her? Interesting.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

The only reason for the whole transexual thing was because, ironically, Americans are pussies. She was always intended to be a woman.

CrazyMobius

Her gender is clearly female even if her sex isn't. Anyways obviously I'd rather have Poison as Hugo's manager than an actual playable character. But more Final Fight characters can't be such a bad thing. Would be cool to see Damned as a playable character.

What was the source for the rumour Flux? SRK?

EDIT: Read the SRK Blog just now. Came from a Ono tweet.

Furthermore he states Arcade SSF4 will have more additional characters to Yun and Yang. I wonder would they be via patches or already put in as time released characters?

Go here for more: http://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin

electric

That Fei Long alternate is freakin' BEAST
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla