• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Yang has a Genei Jin super as well doesn't he? I'd imagine they'd both be pretty nasty.

Chuckk

Yang's Seiei-Enbu is similiar but has no juggle properties.
It basically has a couple of shadows that follow his lead so you can combo things like first slash 20ish times and end with his kick chain, or gimmick shit like crossup dive kick, c strong, c. roundhouse over and over again (knocksdown but un tech)
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

electric

Quote from: Chuckk on September 08, 2010, 11:27:07 AM
Yang's Seiei-Enbu is similiar but has no juggle properties.
It basically has a couple of shadows that follow his lead so you can combo things like first slash 20ish times and end with his kick chain, or gimmick shit like crossup dive kick, c strong, c. roundhouse over and over again (knocksdown but un tech)

Would I be right in assuming Seiei Enbu is similar to V-ism in Alpha 3 ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Chuckk

Not really. Once again no juggles.
And it's not as awesome or powerful as A3.

It's basically knockdown, activate, land 1 big combo that gets scaled to hell, then gone. In 3s it's pretty weak. Under SF4 engine it'd probably turn out like Juri's in effectiveness.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on September 07, 2010, 08:29:33 PM
If Yang is good and plays like his 3s version maybe. Keen if yun gets some bullshit genei jin too

Sif you would play an aggressive character in SF4 you big liar.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

I would like to bill but I think aggressive characters suck to play as in sf4. Feels like I'm trying to play a different game, a shit one. I also dont like how most of the 'rushdown' characters are actually just characters with really strong mixup/vortex/combos. You can't be very agressive with pokes, block strings, dashes and so on.

Seiei-Enbu is kind of like v ism when you activate with lp+lk. You can do decent ground based combos, block strings and even unblockables similar to yangs sa3. But yeah v ism is on another level of gayness

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on September 08, 2010, 01:11:05 PM
I would like to bill but I think aggressive characters suck to play as in sf4. Feels like I'm trying to play a different game, a shit one. I also dont like how most of the 'rushdown' characters are actually just characters with really strong mixup/vortex/combos. You can't be very agressive with pokes, block strings, dashes and so on.

I disagree there somewhat. Chun, bison, Akuma, Abel (and Rog to a lesser extent) can be plenty aggressive with their pokes and block strings. Granted, Abel and Akuma also have retarded mixup options, but they DO have other aggressive options as well. Its a lot safer to turtle up, but its rarely very safe to be aggressive in any game anyway. Though i get that its particularly difficult in SF4 due to loldragons/lultras.

But youre right as far as playing an aggressive character being a different game is concerned. The biggest problem being you cant just sit in training mode, learn their combos and jump in. You do need to invest a lot more time learning an aggressive character in SF4 than you would to play defensively. Playing an aggressive character blows ass until you get a shit ton of games under your belt. THEN it gets better. It takes a while to actually learn WHEN to go into beast mode and when to LOOK like your in beast mode. Its the same reason why Fuerte for instance is so unpopular. Hes got nothing terribly difficult. I could probably teach anyone to RSF in about an hour. But actually winning with him is a mission because if youre not cheesing someone out with splash mountain, you spend half the match setting up your damage, and if you cock it up, there usually isnt much room for error. And im not a big fan of the fact that capcoms big fix for this was to give Fuerte and Abel ridiculous ultras that are shit easy to land and do barrels of damage.

I find playing SF4 aggressively more interesting, since theres no room for error you have to be on point all the time, and theres a much higher Risk:Reward to it. Thats probably the reason you hate it though. XD That and the fact that its arguably the worst way to play the game given the system.

Back on the topic at hand:

I think at any rate, Genei Jin and even Seiei Enbu would make offense SOMEWHAT more viable in the SF4 engine tbh. Assuming they impliment them similar to their 3s incarnations, i think they would end up more effective than Juri's feng shui engine. With FSE, if you can block an overhead, you can pretty much just wait her out until the active time ends. With Yang and Yun, they have similar starting options with overheads, as well as command throws, dive kicks etc. And while Juri's FSE results in a standard block string, Yun/Yang have the shadows covering their offense. (Though im sure a "well timed" *cough* MASHED *cough* DP will still make people cringe as its hitting them through their Genei Jin/Seiei Enbu attempts)

This is me theorycrafting though. They could end up being complete and utter ass.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on September 08, 2010, 02:33:45 PM
I disagree there somewhat. Chun, bison, Akuma, Abel (and Rog to a lesser extent) can be plenty aggressive with their pokes and block strings. Granted, Abel and Akuma also have retarded mixup options, but they DO have other aggressive options as well. Its a lot safer to turtle up, but its rarely very safe to be aggressive in any game anyway. Though i get that its particularly difficult in SF4 due to loldragons/lultras.

But youre right as far as playing an aggressive character being a different game is concerned. The biggest problem being you cant just sit in training mode, learn their combos and jump in. You do need to invest a lot more time learning an aggressive character in SF4 than you would to play defensively. Playing an aggressive character blows ass until you get a shit ton of games under your belt. THEN it gets better. It takes a while to actually learn WHEN to go into beast mode and when to LOOK like your in beast mode. Its the same reason why Fuerte for instance is so unpopular. Hes got nothing terribly difficult. I could probably teach anyone to RSF in about an hour. But actually winning with him is a mission because if youre not cheesing someone out with splash mountain, you spend half the match setting up your damage, and if you cock it up, there usually isnt much room for error. And im not a big fan of the fact that capcoms big fix for this was to give Fuerte and Abel ridiculous ultras that are shit easy to land and do barrels of damage.

I find playing SF4 aggressively more interesting, since theres no room for error you have to be on point all the time, and theres a much higher Risk:Reward to it. Thats probably the reason you hate it though. XD That and the fact that its arguably the worst way to play the game given the system.

Back on the topic at hand:

I think at any rate, Genei Jin and even Seiei Enbu would make offense SOMEWHAT more viable in the SF4 engine tbh. Assuming they impliment them similar to their 3s incarnations, i think they would end up more effective than Juri's feng shui engine. With FSE, if you can block an overhead, you can pretty much just wait her out until the active time ends. With Yang and Yun, they have similar starting options with overheads, as well as command throws, dive kicks etc. And while Juri's FSE results in a standard block string, Yun/Yang have the shadows covering their offense. (Though im sure a "well timed" *cough* MASHED *cough* DP will still make people cringe as its hitting them through their Genei Jin/Seiei Enbu attempts)

This is me theorycrafting though. They could end up being complete and utter ass.

Nah

Hop on chat if you wanna argue

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im not really arguing. Playing aggressively sucks in SF4.

We only differ on the fact that i enjoy it and you dont.

I shouldnt make trademark massive posts. They always blur the point im trying to make.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Nick4now

*sigh*... It wouldn't suck so much if you couldn't mash out reversals  >:(

But I enjoy rushing down like Bill anyways. Its understandable why some players wouldn't though

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CrazyMobius

Can't wait for those location tests. Should be coming up soon!

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on September 11, 2010, 10:12:54 AM
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/9/9/ono-tweets-new-alternate-costume-for-chun-li.html

FINALLY

CHUN ALPHA STYLE ALT OUTFIT

SHIT

Yah looks really good too.  This evidence submitted to the court reinforces that the defendant, SSFIV Chun li new alt outfit, is...

NOT GUILTY OF BEING SHITTY!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

moose!