• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

I sweeped Rose U2 on start up.. so I think any poke at the lower part of teh body will demolish her ultra entirely?
just make sure you're not in the orbs range when you do so...maybe worng.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Any hit on her will make the orbs go away. From my experience (and everything I have heard) makes it seem like she can activate and then block anything, but if she does anything but block, yeah the orbs are up for grabs.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Just wanted to say OMG wholly fucking shit balls what the fuck is that piece of shit ugliest fucking thing i've ever seen in my life on M.Bison's new alt? What the fuck? Are those cunts on drugs or some shit, nah cos everyones alt would be better if that were the case.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Nick4now

Ok New Tier-list compiled by Mago And Nemo:

"Global" Ranking
A
Guile, Abel, Chun-Li, Dictator, E. Honda, Boxer, Rose, Blanka
B
Ryu, Dhalsim, Claw, Ken, Rufus, C. Viper, Akuma, Fei Long, Cammy, Gouken, El Fuerte, Cody, Sagat, Ibuki, Zangief, Seth, Guy, Adon
C
Sakura, Dudley, Juri, Dee Jay, Hakan, Makoto, Dan, T. Hawk, Gen

Arcadia Ranking
A

Balrog, E. Honda, Guile, Fei Long, Cammy, Rufus
B
Abel, Dictator, Blanka, Chun-Li, C. Viper, Ryu, Dhalsim, Akuma, Sagat, Rose, Ibuki, Zangief, El Fuerte, Claw, Gouken, Ken, Seth
C
Adon, Dee Jay, Juri, Dudley, Cody
D
Gen, Sakura, Guy, Dan, T. Hawk, Hakan, Makoto

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yay, i couldn't be fucked posting this but i wanted to talk about it.

Yeah Dictator all up in that shit. And Boxer, sweet.

Someone was telling me that Guiles SB, you don't have to charge as long now? Is that true?

Where's all my Honda players at? Time for HONDA is NOW!!!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Lol I felt exactly the same Weazzy!

Global: I dunno about Rose and Blanka, and I'd think Akuma and Rufus should be top. Otherwise I like it.

Arcadia: Fei and Cammy? wut?

Overall:
Lotta 5-5 matchups atm
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

I dunno. The more I play this game the more the unbalance becomes apparent. It seems you are forced to pick a 'well rounded' character exclusively to be even competent.

Just looking back at past SF games they seemed their overall system gave anyone a shot (to some degree). I know a lot of people dislike Parry in 3S and granted it completely changes the way the game is played as anti airs and projectiles lose a lot of their threat. But if you could parry well you could push you way out of a rush down situation with any character.

Alpha series had alpha counters, CVS2 had roll. (?) But you just can't use the saving attack system in the same way. So if you are getting rushed down in SF4 all you can really do is block and tech throw.

Now Street Fighter II (Hyper F, Turbo & HDR) didn't have any magic reversal system either but there was something about the hitboxes, blockstun and start up of moves in that game that made it feel like you could literally fight your way out of a corner.

I dunno. Maybe it's just cos they don't have this game at Yifans...

Rorooze

A game with 30+ different characters is never going to be balanced. And I'd say for most if not all of us here, a 6-4 matchup is going to be determined by skill rather than the match up.

massi4h

Yeah same with Alan. Akuma and Rufus are top tier (top 2 imo) and the rest of the list looks pretty solid. It's surprising how the Japanese would drop Akuma so low now. Sagat should still be A imo and probably Ryu. Haven't seen enough strong Juri yet, but I'm sure she will rise up.

fluxcore

I'd put sim in A before sagat I think

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Rorooze on July 06, 2010, 09:40:29 AM
And I'd say for most if not all of us here, a 6-4 matchup is going to be determined by skill rather than the match up.

Skill though doesn't change the play system of the game itself. Which is what I am referring to.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on July 06, 2010, 10:02:02 AM
I'd put sim in A before sagat I think

Sim will rise to the top eventually.

CptMunta

Man I went from a low tier whore to a top tier whore according to that list lol  :)

I think Honda does belong pretty high up now as well as Sim. Characters that dodged the overall damage nerfs have been helped alot. Also Sims drills and hondas LP headbutt help move them up too.

Dunno about Rose in A though. She still has alot of the same problems as other characters that lack a decent reversal. Though excellent backdash does help alot though.

I think it's cool how Dudley dropped from Unbelievably stupid broken in the preview builds to lower/mid tier once people had spent more time with the game.

Makoto  :'(
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

electric

I can't say I'm too surprised to see Cammy so high on the Arcadia rankings - she has a really good offense, and a pretty solid defense too... while she does still lose to down back, you can't crouch tech against her because walk up instant strike fucking hurts and (cr.hp, cr.mk xx mk arrow) pushes you closer and closer to that corner, where your options are just no damn good.

Akuma is still good, but I think the nerf stun on his shaku and damage all around just doesn't make him as scary any more - a lot of his 6-4 matches become 5-5 with those two small tweaks IMO. Solid upper mid sounds about right to me
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla