• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on November 22, 2010, 08:21:49 PM
Dont worry bro. Abel flow chart still works... just got to do it more!!

Hahaha gotta love that flow chart

Sounds like the saltiest of runbacks is due to happen soon ?

Also LN - that link is MUCH better...
- Roll changes don't really effect anything by the sounds of it. Nice.
- U2 change says no hyper armour during the dash... If it still has armour during start up, that's a pretty good compromise

Looks like they're making his best AA in cr.hp harder to hit with... hopefully that means the second hit doesn't whiff in 40209348 different situations when grounded then ? :/

Edit: Fuck... Makoto sounds serious :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

xkheretic

CrazyMobius

Skullator

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on November 22, 2010, 08:16:15 PM
Are they nerfing everyone so they all end up even? That why makoto got nothing?

Hoping this was an obvious troll lol.

Quote from: Electric
Makoto sounds serious :/

Mak needed serious work to make her a playable character, if you've never played Makoto but have watched Justin Wong on stream you probably could use some more information.

It's currently unfair that SSFIV Makoto is in the same game as other characters. Getting dealt to.
Much the same as it was unfair that Vanilla SF4 Sagat and Ryu were in the same game as others. Got dealt to.
Much like breathless was a pretty serious ultra with some very serious properties attached to it, it got dealt to.

I assume they are trying to create a level playing field, but it's hard work. Especially with many characters \ diverse playstyles.

I just don't like things which promote literal 50% situations. Breathless in it's current state not only has the power to make that happen with max ultra damage (With Abel on a reaction end of the decision, able to bail on his commitment, and opponent being forced to guess) but also cuts alot out of the other person game just by the ultra2 meter being loaded.

Flat out over the top, Hail mary.

massi4h

All you need to do is look at his hands when he does breathless and as soon as he lets go of a kick you press up. Pro tactics.

HoneyBadger

^This. And if he cancels you can fuck him up
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: massi4h on November 23, 2010, 02:13:07 PM
All you need to do is look at his hands when he does breathless and as soon as he lets go of a kick you press up. Pro tactics.

Does it work on lag though?

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Does it work from him knocking you down or rolling into close range tho? can't be guessing those jumps either because guess who can just sit there without needing to make a panic guess. And why's he going to cancel from that zone when he can simply throw it out take his 50/50 and be borderline (chr specific) safe on the other side of the screen yo.

There are of course plenty of character specific smart ways to deal with current breathless, with certain characters more crippled by it being loaded than others.

HoneyBadger

Yo what about vortex and ambiguous crossups? Can't be guessing those blocks or reversals because who can sit there without making a panic guess and why are they going to go for a normal meaty when they can just shut down most of your options take out their 80/20 and be safe anyway.

There are of course plenty of character specific smart ways to deal with okizeme i.e picking Adon

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Agree.
But breathless was what my personal hate lazers were set on, hence my posts on it several pages back.

Target eliminated, Next.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Oleetworth on November 23, 2010, 10:14:56 PM

There are of course plenty of character specific smart ways to deal with okizeme i.e picking Adon

Not after Super Street Fighter 4 chocolate edition. His wakeup is touted to be the same as everyone else as.

electric

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on November 24, 2010, 07:36:17 AM
Not after Super Street Fighter 4 chocolate edition

No idea why this made me laugh, but it did. Congratulations.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

jpb123

karizzma

Maybe just as boss characters? Instead of having Gouken vs Gouken and Gouki vs Gouki?