• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Damn D. Sakura > Evil Ryu but hey whatever. Shin Akuma playable? Will it be the same Shin Akuma as boss akuma? 500 stamina and completely broken would be heaps of fun if they do that.

LN

Quote from: massi4h on November 29, 2010, 01:04:22 PM
500 stamina and completely broken would be heaps of fun if they do that.

Seth?
There is no knowledge that is not power

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

amendonz

God dam just started honda as a potential new main, this doesn't help ..

samurai black

electric

Giefs Jab SPD now has more range and damage... wtf :/ I hope that's a typo

geneterror

It's nat that bad bro.
※ Ultra 2 can be jumped after the blackout - as far as I iknow this was always the case.
※ Jumping MP has been weakened via hitbox modification. - fair enough, it was good for using early in the air on the way down (intentionally whiffing) to make people block and then landing into Oichi Throw. It had crazy air priority though.
※ Jab headbutt has lower body invincibility - not to worried, if I'm gonna do an anti air headbutt I usually use EX which I assume is still completely invunerable on startup anyway?
※ Headbutt does max damage on start up, so you’ll do minimum damage if you launch yourself from full screen. - Interesting but fair I reckon as not all characters could punish full screen headbutts.

It's not like they took away jab->hands or anything ;)
KOW 2011

electric

Quote from: geneterror on November 30, 2010, 12:07:34 PM
It's nat that bad bro.

Agreed - they've toned down some of his damage output, but that seems to be the current trend across the board

Quote from: geneterror on November 30, 2010, 12:07:34 PM
※ Ultra 2 can be jumped after the blackout - as far as I iknow this was always the case.

Nah not true for Honda - it's inescapable after the flash, but the range on it is shit so it's easy to whiff

massi4h

What Eru? He's talking about the changes and they said they were giving him like a 1+1 U2. Let's make the motion easier and make the hitbox bigger but then make it jumpable. Wtf were they thinking. Yay now in a Honda mirror I can punish blocked buttsplashes with U2. And that's about it. Hands fadc U2 can now be jumped out of as can any old setup :(

Pretty much just said pick ultra 1 again ultra 2 looks too ugly.

Edit: oh didn't read the quote properly lol I'll be quiet for now.

CrazyMobius

Yay Hakan has a new move! :D Hakan > everyone else.

karizzma

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on November 30, 2010, 12:27:30 PM

Agree. Im really liking these changes. Can't wait to play.

electric

Quote from: massi4h on November 30, 2010, 12:23:26 PM
What Eru?

Yeah - Graeme said "as far as I know this was always the case" - but it wasn't, so I was correcting him. SSF4 - can't jump out. SSF4AE - can jump out.

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on November 30, 2010, 12:27:30 PM

An oily Hakan is pretty scary - free oil after a slide is going to make him more viable for sure. I might dabble with him as well!

massi4h

Damn I edited it 7 seconds after your post lol.

Also hakan normally gets a free lk oil shower after the normal slide followup I wonder if it's really worth it to drop the extra damage for oil + wake up mixup. Cause his wakeup mixup is kaka. Unless of course you get more oil like hk oil or something. If it's the same as an lk oil shower I wouldn't see much point in it. But actually I just remember the most awesome wakeup oiled mixup which is OS U2. Catches backdashes (all of them will be airborne now as well) and 4+frame uppercuts.