• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpb123

Am guessing 950 health moves removed or changed ryu shoryuken mite be like goukens no land fireball but air fireballs only etc etc etc

akuma losts his 3 hit fireball etc Am just guessing but I think they going hopefully be a really mixed up version of them.

Ryu mite have this change fireball ultra from the mugen games ( I love them!! )

Just guessing again!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh fuck Richard got there before me.

And yer i reckon the shoto's are fun as hell to play. I play heaps of Ryu, Ken and Akuma. I try not to cos people must play them heaps too but fuck their way too fun.

Better than turtle charge chars imo. With the exception of bison of course.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Skullator

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 05, 2010, 05:16:23 PM
Bro who said they were gonna be god tier. Look at how shit Seth is . And look at how shit Akuma is. Well their not shit but you know what i mean.

And Chun is boss right now. Last time i checked anyway.

I feel your pain on them being a lot like Akuma and shit. But.....they look cool man.

Ye it's no big deal if they get confirmed or not, at first I was happy, but then I found out they wern't confirmed playable at all.

It's fine to discuss rumours and pictures which may or may not be fake etc.
But thats different to saying "THEY ARE CONFIRMED PLAYABLE!!!"

It's a potential leak of information, its not by any means an official leak of information.
Tell me Ono has never trolled before?
That's all I meant by my posts. And sorry if you took offense or anything jpb you know we are cool anyway lol.

CrazyMobius

Whether someone says they are playable or not isn't going to make a difference to the actual game though. It's more or less just gibber gabber to fill the time while people are waiting.

Have they released an official release date yet?

jpb123

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on December 05, 2010, 06:06:14 PM
Whether someone says they are playable or not isn't going to make a difference to the actual game though. It's more or less just gibber gabber to fill the time while people are waiting.

Have they released an official release date yet?

There a Japanese release date I think but its this month

Yoshinori Ono has confirms that the arcade version of Super Street Fighter 4 will see a December 2010 release.

THIS IS NOT A RUMOR SKULL -_- ( jks! )

Skullator

Quote from: jpb123 on December 05, 2010, 06:45:52 PM
There a Japanese release date I think but its this month

Yoshinori Ono has confirms that the arcade version of Super Street Fighter 4 will see a December 2010 release.

THIS IS NOT A RUMOR SKULL -_- ( jks! )

Shit that's awesome..
Has it been confirmed that console is 6 months later than AE date?

I am considering spending some time in japan to create a gamercard and attempt a grand master Chun-Li grind, but I wonder how many months it would take total
Money being the real issue there hahaha.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Skullator on December 05, 2010, 07:22:50 PM
Has it been confirmed that console is 6 months later than AE date?

I don't think so...

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah i said gaybar haha. Nah but fuck that one got me pretty hyphy.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

karizzma

That cotts is mates with DJ ravine aint he?

Anyway it is kinda lame to make another akuma and ryu. I just want them as boss characters. Would have been much cooler to have new characters with total different styles like Rolento or something.

jpb123

Will they patch the console version with the AE changes as the AE is released?

I dont think so. If main tounrys become AE you got to pick up a decent number of hours on a arcade edition to ever understand and remember all the new changes for your characters you play and the characters you play against.

if your into a fighting games and want go to tournys or /both play "well" online you got know the know cast, Ever if its just knowing they normals and ultra set ups and by doing this is sitting down with them for acouple of hours ever if you dont play them regularly.
Maining yun and yang you will needs to put in alot of extra hours because they only chance you can play with them is AE where you may lose a game and wait 5 10 turns before you can play again. True some people who have tested the AE said that 3rd strike yun and yang players would conivert faster then most but its ssf4 anything can happen.

Yun and Yang DLC wil come sooner then we think. less then 6 months because people will go to the arcades play AE and go back home and play a version that may or may not have the changes and if they do patch the console with the AE changes whats the point of a AE machine or going to the arcades to practice? Capcom needs to bring the AE edition to console for the fact of fans and the money they make off it. Most likely they make more money of a DLC pack Yun and Yang ( evil ryu and shin akuma if playable ) then selling the AE machines.

How much would you play for 2(4) "new" characters with one another costume ( yun and yang got chef outfits. they look pretty cool to me )
15 20 30 bucks or more?

Am willing to spent whatever the price becomes I know it will be worth it.

Also I think Japanese fighting games makers / japanese game makers need to think outside Japan. I think the japanese gaming market is miss out on DLC and specialy in fighting games. Maybe not ever 4 months they add new characters but one and awhile they do a fan request for a new character in the case of Street fighter it would be a win win for the company and the fans. I think BB has DLC characters I dont know how that is working out and MvC3 has DLC characters confirmed( Jill of RE and someone else pfft! Ryu,Deadpool,Wesker best team ever! )

But I think Yoshinori Ono is still thinking "First Japan then the world!" NO ONO NO!

WORLD is here and we hunger for street fighter!

( this is a 3am rant because to fucking hot to sleep..... )

Skullator

Quote from: jpb123 on December 06, 2010, 03:10:00 AM
Will they patch the console version with the AE changes as the AE is released?

I dont think so. If main tounrys become AE you got to pick up a decent number of hours on a arcade edition to ever understand and remember all the new changes for your characters you play and the characters you play against.

if your into a fighting games and want go to tournys or /both play "well" online you got know the know cast, Ever if its just knowing they normals and ultra set ups and by doing this is sitting down with them for acouple of hours ever if you dont play them regularly.
Maining yun and yang you will needs to put in alot of extra hours because they only chance you can play with them is AE where you may lose a game and wait 5 10 turns before you can play again. True some people who have tested the AE said that 3rd strike yun and yang players would conivert faster then most but its ssf4 anything can happen.

Yun and Yang DLC wil come sooner then we think. less then 6 months because people will go to the arcades play AE and go back home and play a version that may or may not have the changes and if they do patch the console with the AE changes whats the point of a AE machine or going to the arcades to practice? Capcom needs to bring the AE edition to console for the fact of fans and the money they make off it. Most likely they make more money of a DLC pack Yun and Yang ( evil ryu and shin akuma if playable ) then selling the AE machines.

How much would you play for 2(4) "new" characters with one another costume ( yun and yang got chef outfits. they look pretty cool to me )
15 20 30 bucks or more?

Am willing to spent whatever the price becomes I know it will be worth it.

Also I think Japanese fighting games makers / japanese game makers need to think outside Japan. I think the japanese gaming market is miss out on DLC and specialy in fighting games. Maybe not ever 4 months they add new characters but one and awhile they do a fan request for a new character in the case of Street fighter it would be a win win for the company and the fans. I think BB has DLC characters I dont know how that is working out and MvC3 has DLC characters confirmed( Jill of RE and someone else pfft! Ryu,Deadpool,Wesker best team ever! )

But I think Yoshinori Ono is still thinking "First Japan then the world!" NO ONO NO!

WORLD is here and we hunger for street fighter!

( this is a 3am rant because to fucking hot to sleep..... )

I don't mean to come across as a dickhead, again. Twice in two days is a bit too much even for me.

No offense intended, but surely it's common sense that "ARCADE EDITION" will be arcade only for a decent period of time? No instant patch.
It's also common sense that all the content will end up on console eventually.
Yun and yang will come as DLC "We think" are you kidding me? Bro, capcom knows where their market is, and knows what tournaments are. You can't have Evolution 2011 without a console release.. and you don't exclude certain area's of the globe if you can avoid it.

The delay is good.. and done DELIBERATELY for many reasons, the most obvious should be so that the arcade operaters who have to spend thousands of dollars purchasing the hardware and supporting the arcade scenes actually have a chance to make a buck?
Let alone, the ranks and new networking they have designed for the Japan market needs to have some use, if it comes out on console the same day it comes out on arcade, people don't have to step out their front door lol.

I was wondering if a 6 month delay had been confirmed as the length of the delay or not, that's all.
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not incredibly stupid and I actually kind of know how to play SSFIV.

jpb123

Quote from: Skullator on December 06, 2010, 06:00:50 AM
I don't mean to come across as a dickhead, again. Twice in two days is a bit too much even for me.

No offense intended, but surely it's common sense that "ARCADE EDITION" will be arcade only for a decent period of time? No instant patch.
It's also common sense that all the content will end up on console eventually.
Yun and yang will come as DLC "We think" are you kidding me? Bro, capcom knows where their market is, and knows what tournaments are. You can't have Evolution 2011 without a console release.. and you don't exclude certain area's of the globe if you can avoid it.

The delay is good.. and done DELIBERATELY for many reasons, the most obvious should be so that the arcade operaters who have to spend thousands of dollars purchasing the hardware and supporting the arcade scenes actually have a chance to make a buck?
Let alone, the ranks and new networking they have designed for the Japan market needs to have some use, if it comes out on console the same day it comes out on arcade, people don't have to step out their front door lol.

I was wondering if a 6 month delay had been confirmed as the length of the delay or not, that's all.
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not incredibly stupid and I actually kind of know how to play SSFIV.

I dont get why we have 2 differnet version of the same game. They both ssf4 now if SF4 was still out and ssf4 came to Arcades first that another story because that two games. A arcade of the ssf4 is still ssf4 just went a "Rebalanced" patch and 2(4) new characters that hardly a new game. its close to a contant patch in my eyes.

Also "We think" part were you quoting me? Because I said "The yun and yang dlc will come sooner then we think" If not nvm but they wont wait 6 months.
True that the people who brought the AE machines need to make atleast a small profit and that competely understable but we live in a world where everything is here and now. I dont no if the arcades in NZ are getting the AE (I think it costs alot I dunno ). And it will bring out people to travel to arcades which is a good thing but again the arcades need to think about it. AE will come to console its in demand already and its not ever out.
Buying a AE machine then "6 months"( lets use this a base of a release ) later its only using used by arcade locals ( people who go to the arcade alot ) and that its.
When the console version. people will stay at  home topractice / play because A. There more people online then at arcade but the level of play online is like a fucking rollcoaster and arcades its normally quite high or advanced( was in the UK ). DLC packs the big right now with gaming most games in the last 2 years have some type of DLC plan after release. B xbox has just done that redeem points thing if you buy selected games or you buy gold membership etc so makes sense to save up some "credits" for future dlc releases. C it just makes sense in terms of money making.

My point is the AE is going to good but not great till it comes to consoles.

if NZ are getting a AE machine ever 1! am willing to travel once a month for a weekend to play it ( north island ofc ) but is that cost wise? I dunno

Its nice to have a AE of ssf4 but messed up the release. a AE first then consoles like SF4 and other fighting games. The other way around seems dangerous gamble for arcades to buy a how many $$$ machine when it will be "released" on consoles for a MUCH lower price.

You aint being a dickhead. Your having your say like I am. People will agree or disagree its normal.

( But your MY dickhead kisses! xoxooxoxoxo )

Skullator

Thing is man, it's really different for us because we live in New Zealand.

Japan has a much larger population that NZ, and that speaks volumes in terms of $ and cents.
Futhermore, Street fighter is traditionally an arcade scene man, console and online play is "new and scary"
Majority of us here love arcades, yet did you know that they are on the brink of extinction outside of Japan?

When vanilla was new, I remember idolizing the first players who could achieve the "Grand master rank" in their main characters, have you ever appreciated somebody elses hard work before? I think thats a pretty cool thing, but arcade ranks are way cooler and way more elitist than online ranks.

Online play as a rule is the scum of the earth, did you know that playing Street fighter online is good for bringing communties together, but actually pretty bad in terms of lag?
I of course still love online play (Shit I grinded rank1 psn Chun) still love PC version, still love console releases, BUT I APPRECIATE THAT THE ARCADE ONLY RELEASE IS ESSENTIAL.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man you reckon? You reckon Capcom care how much mmoney the arcades make? I dunno ay. I'm pretty sure they made more money with console release then arcade release.But they probably make more money doing both actually so they grind it out at the arcades for what it's worth before they can bust it out on console.

Too expensive to play at arcades. Another whoever's got more money has the advantage sort of thing. Nobody who liikes to play competitive likes that. UNless your the one with the money. That's why i'm a bit salty.

I've had 4000 games on psn for $80.00. Imagine how much at arcade that will be.

ANyway why you not salty too Skull, you don't even have a arcade in Tauranga lol.