• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

If they are nerfing vega's u2 ultra startup then fuerte's deserves the same _b
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

I don't think the guac change is that bad is it?  I mean its already punishable if someone baits it out anyway, so making it more punishable is neither here nor there.

The startup nerf was interesting, but I pretty much guessed they would do that given what they did to Vegas.  I think that its fair, you shouldnt get punished with an ultra just for jabbing someone on their wakeup imo.  It just promotes scrubby play.  Guess it depends on how much of the startup they nerf.

Cody changes are interesting.   Nice buffs I guess, but I don't think they'll fix his main problems which are getting people off him once they are all over him.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

Quote from: Skullator on November 09, 2010, 04:25:43 PM
Good changes on Chun.

LOL.

Anyway, very happy with the Sakura buffs. If akuma gets more of a nerf hammer I think I might just main her. Hope far medium punch has decent enough range and low crush to possibly beat shoto low forward, then get a buffer into hp shouoken. Looks like they're not nerfing her air tatsu escape, but doesn't sound like ken's losing it either.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I dont think the other fuerte changes were necessary. If anything, theyre making him more like the other characters and taking away his uniqueness.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on November 09, 2010, 09:40:10 PM
I dont think the other fuerte changes were necessary. If anything, theyre making him more like the other characters and taking away his uniqueness.

I agree. We will see how much they change the ultra start up. Still keen to see hakan and yang

zos'la

@Lenny,
I've been through this a few times myself and wondered about it, down left or down right LOL.
But then I came to a conclusion, for example if I get hit by that Ultra, it does say 400 dmg full.
Is it worth it getting hit by that or a S.HK/ Slide? or in worst case scenario, depending where you are on teh screen eating a c.lk c.lk c.lk xxx scissors? also bare in mind chars such as shoto can EX Srk, if the U2 is not a crossup, he will eat ur EX Srk, if it is then the above scenario will apply.
But I am assuming ur question is for Dhalsim exclusively, not sure whats teh best option there, can teleport out ontime? if you can't... then its just a 50/50 game coz I can not think of any other move that Dhsalsim has to avoid that situation.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on November 10, 2010, 11:01:49 AM
@Lenny,
I've been through this a few times myself and wondered about it, down left or down right LOL.
But then I came to a conclusion, for example if I get hit by that Ultra, it does say 400 dmg full.
Is it worth it getting hit by that or a S.HK/ Slide? or in worst case scenario, depending where you are on teh screen eating a c.lk c.lk c.lk xxx scissors? also bare in mind chars such as shoto can EX Srk, if the U2 is not a crossup, he will eat ur EX Srk, if it is then the above scenario will apply.
But I am assuming ur question is for Dhalsim exclusively, not sure whats teh best option there, can teleport out ontime? if you can't... then its just a 50/50 game coz I can not think of any other move that Dhsalsim has to avoid that situation.

Its guy, so yeah I might just EX Tatsu.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

oh then it makes it slightly better, I think GUy's EX TATSU is better for this scenario as it works pretty well against cross ups as it auto corrects better and the hitbox hits lower as well, but if you mess up u will just eat a combo at worst case.
Have you tried EX run? since it has EX armor, not sure if Bisons U2 is armor break or not tho... but if EX RUN works then tis the best choice :P

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: zosla on November 10, 2010, 11:01:49 AM
@Lenny,

Your wrong bro. Sorry.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

possibly :) only thing I can see is that the ex srk will miss the U2? but thats about it. Maybe u can show me how wrong next time yeh?
or are you talking about me asking about Dhalsim where as he is talking about Guy>? a bit more information on where I am wrong might actually help?

geneterror

Do EX Tatsu, it should auto correct if they crossup (people seemed to catch me with it, I used to play a REALLY good Guy), depends if they are timing it as a meaty or not. I catch people with this that don't quick recover but if they do it's to late to meaty it. I do it after a slide because it's a hard knockdown so I know they can't do quick recovery :) Like weazzyefff said though this "gimmick" stops working pretty quick.
It's kinda reduntant info for me though as I've switched back to Bison U1 because:
1. U2 damage is poo haha, it's almost never a killing blow but if you land U1 it's almost always death for them haha.
2. I'm preparing for them to nerf U2 by making it a charge move so why would you not use U1, fuck having to hold a charge to punish a fireball that might never come.
KOW 2011

electric

Backdash ? Bisons U2 only has 2 active frames, but it depends on how ambiguous it is, as you might get forward dash instead I guess :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

If the Bison player is doing it right then it's pretty fucken ambiguous especially in the corner. Bison can stand just inside sweep range after a knockdown and throw out the Ultra, if Bison holds back then the U2 hits as normal if they leave the stick neutral or hold towards it's crosses up, good luck guessing that right every time. I'd still go with neutral jump then punish if Bisons U2 is not done late or even better an EX move with invunerable frames.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Sorry Zos my lecturer came in so had to end it there. Well you can't punish if ex SRK miss cos rec frames. So that's how you get out. It will sometimes auto correct and if he do it in front you get wasted anyway.

HK from Bison not punish without charge either so you just random throw that out i guess aswell.

You being not sure about Sim is correct though. You can teleport out. But is risky if he goes other sied and you don't autocorrect you get punish.. By combo.

Dont know about Guy but ex tatsu sounds like the go cos invincible frames

Quote from: electric on November 10, 2010, 12:11:13 PM
Backdash ? Bisons U2 only has 2 active frames, but it depends on how ambiguous it is, as you might get forward dash instead I guess :/

You can't dash it.

Dont try neutral jump!!! You will get owned.

What else is there. Hmm. There was a whole thread about this when super first came out. It's probably deleted by now i couldn't find it lol. On SRK i mean not here.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!