• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: massi4h on November 16, 2010, 03:29:34 PM
Actually I remember hearing that they were gonna remove throw invincibility from Rose's cl.mk. They didn't mention it though so maybe not?

If they did, they might as well give her a Gi and call her Makoto
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

Yaheee no solid wakeup reversal! :( they should have buffed invincibility on ex spiral at least. Now I'll have to work on ultraing into it more. U1 revival maybe ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

karizzma

When is hakan? I think these changes are pretty fair (In fact all of them seem fair) Hope Abel gets something done to Brainless

Squares

I really have to pick up a arcade stick some time.. I play a lot of Zangief and use the d-pad on my Playstation 3 controller for most moves and then switch to the stick when I'm doing 720's, lmao.. It's so inconsistent.
Nyaaaa

jpb123

Quote from: Squares on November 17, 2010, 02:14:15 PM
I really have to pick up a arcade stick some time.. I play a lot of Zangief and use the d-pad on my Playstation 3 controller for most moves and then switch to the stick when I'm doing 720's, lmao.. It's so inconsistent.

I got a spare one that is pc/ps2/ps3 if you want it for a little money. its pretty shitty but it works.

DVS

Quote from: CptMunta on November 16, 2010, 04:56:12 PM
Yaheee no solid wakeup reversal! :( they should have buffed invincibility on ex spiral at least. Now I'll have to work on ultraing into it more. U1 revival maybe ;)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/15/ssf4-dev-blog-ae-changes-honda-gouken-rose-ibuki/

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH FARK!!!!! There goes my whole fucking game plan.....Rose U2 was my everything  :'(...guts oh well.....could've been worse at least they didn't fuck with her normals.
.....actually it's probably not that bad...I'll have to test it out.....I'm guessing it wouldn't have as much invincibility on start up......I used to be able to activate it when a projectile is half way through her, then activate an ex soul spiral and punish.....I'm guessing this won't be the case now......

I was hoping for a FADC from a F.Soul Reflect into U1......... ::)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

LN

Relying on having taken enough damage to do an ultra which does very little damage itself doesn't seem like a very great idea.
There is no knowledge that is not power

scribble

I doubt it's the damage that Rose players like about U2, even though it's comboability makes the damage very reasonable imo. I think it's more like the loss of momentum and positioning for the opponent. Besides, if you just sit back focus absorb fireballs/hits you don't actually have to take a ton of damage to get it.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

LN

If you can get away with that the whole round you don't need the ultra.

scribble

CptMunta

You Focus some fireballs full screen early on cleanly then you are pretty much guaranteed 2 ultras per round. Outside of someone landing a big damage combo (i.e. Ultra) on you midround or at the end of the round.

It pretty much made up for Rose's biggest weakness in vanilla outside of dealing no damage: no clean wake up reversal move. Even if it doesn't do big damage it's the only thing that can shake someone off after a knockdown in the middle of a mixup, quite a few well timed wakeup meaties (sounds like a discusting breakfast cereal) beat it clean as is though. Still much safer than ex spiral. It's probably no big secret that once you knock Rose down and she has no Ultra most characters can keep the pressure on pretty easily.

Sure U1 has invicability but it has a normal ultras recovery. It seems like you'll have to do it after a knockdown just to add pressure or to chip someone out or in a combo.

Still a probably a fun Ultra even with the changes.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

scribble

Agreed, I think U2's "get off me" value is really good. Even just the fact that it is stocked and ready is sometimes a decent deterrent, and...

Quote from: CptMunta on November 17, 2010, 11:32:13 PM
wakeup meaties (sounds like a discusting breakfast cereal)

LOL

LN

Capcom seem to want to remove brainless crutches with AE, and that's pretty much the definition of Rose U2. Almost 0 risk in any situation.

If your gameplan is completely ruined by the lack of invinicibility on U2, then that's pretty sad imo. Try look at how Sako uses her - U2 is a combo aid rather than a get out of jail free card - because she doesn't actually need one.

electric

Personally, I'm just disappointed that they're changing how these moves were initially supposed to work. Fuerte U2 now has longer start up, which is gay since now it can't punish the same things it used to be able to. IMO, they've done the same to Rose's U2 - it doesn't serve the function it was intended to when SSFIV dropped - and that was to give her a solid reversal since she doesn't have shit as it is.

While I agree that people shouldn't solely rely on having a twice a round (max) reversal be the core of their game plan, it's still a bit of a nut kick. Especially considering SSFIV has been released for a grand total of less than fuck all.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

LN

What people don't seem to realise is that many other chars (the majority, even) currently don't have 'solid' reversals either. Almost everyone can be safe jumped for no risk.

And obviously the original intention for those moves was either not achieved, or has now been deemed detrimental.