• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

I reckon the delay will probably be 3-6 months. Fair enough as well. Though it'd be nice to get the balance changes straight away so we're not playing two different versions of the game. Characters could be released over time once the arcade guys have had more time to make $$$.

Lennysaurus

Yeah you guys have to remember that the arcade scene in Japan is still viable (for now at least).  SO Capcom can still make money from that, and then make us pay later on for DLC and make money from that too.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man i bet we won't even get that as DLC, it seems too big. Maybe another game. Hope i'm wrong.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Skullator

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 06, 2010, 08:01:06 AM
I've had 4000 games on psn for $80.00. Imagine how much at arcade that will be.

ANyway why you not salty too Skull, you don't even have a arcade in Tauranga lol.

Weazzy, you could pay 1 dollar at the arcade if you didn't lose so much bro! hahaha.

I'm not salty, because I don't get salty as a rule, where's the benefit?
Wouldn't I first get salty about having to drive 2 hours to attend auckland ranbats and get ANY lagfree play in my life?

Fuck no I wouldn't, that's not me.

geneterror

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 06, 2010, 09:32:17 AM
Man i bet we won't even get that as DLC, it seems too big. Maybe another game. Hope i'm wrong.
Nah bro, if you look at the size of GTA and RDR DLC then 4 new characters ain't nothing.
KOW 2011

CptMunta

It'll be in 6 months so arcade owners can make their money back. It's pretty much the standard since SF2. SF2 comes out on SNES, Champion comes out on arcades. Hyper comes out on home consoles, Super is released at the arcade. Even if the content was developed at the same time for arcade and console (maybe explaining the achievement leak) Capcom will wait.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

6 moths, or else the Arcades WON"T by teh AE version. cause they know they won't make the money back, eg: Japan arcades usually have about 16 machines, 8 on each side all linked, estimate cost is about 20k-30k each cab, you do the calculations. So tehy WON"T get it if Capcom release this on console when AE release, simple logical question. As Munta and many has stated, this has ALWAYS happened for all SF that has been release.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

zos'la

SSF4 was not planned to have an arcade version, it was implemented AFTER the console version.
Look at SF4 vinilla, I believe it was release late 2008 (August???) console version wasn't release until February 2009, PC was another 5 months after that.
Logic.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeeer but ssf4 is a sf game. WHen was it release on console? When was it release on arcade? Oh and it was planned. That's what this AE is. THey just put more stuff in it like Vanilla on console.

Quote from: zosla on December 06, 2010, 04:34:17 PM
Logic.

Quote from: zosla on December 06, 2010, 02:44:24 PM
6 moths, or else the Arcades WON"T by teh AE version. cause they know they won't make the money back, eg: Japan arcades usually have about 16 machines, 8 on each side all linked, estimate cost is about 20k-30k each cab, you do the calculations. So tehy WON"T get it if Capcom release this on console when AE release, simple logical question. As Munta and many has stated, this has ALWAYS happened for all SF that has been release.

Owned.

CptMunta

Weeazy has a point with ssf4 but it is rather the exception than the rule.

It really hasn't happened like this with console exclusive characters. With Alpha 3 when the ps1 version came out with extra characters the arcade version stayed tournament standard and the new characters and console version were cast aside. Maybe because back then the console fighting game didn't take priority over the arcade one.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

pointless, its all speculation.
u can own whatever u like, I just believe in business logic. But then again its not like it matters to u.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah your right it doesn't matter to me. I've only dedicated 22 months to this game. No biggy. I'll just take up water polo.

edit: Oh i think i misunderstood you. The business side doesn't matter to me, is what you meant ay haha. NV algud bro.

jpb123

quoted from SRK ( http://shoryuken.com/content/capcom-asked-what-official-names-evil-ryu-oni-akuma-super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-2696/ )

"Jonathan Holmes over at Destructoid was able to pull Seth Killian aside to ask about the official reveal of Evil Ryu and Oni (or Shin) Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. As usual, the answer given was a "wait and see".

"Is there a "right name" yet for this officially un-named character? Only Capcom knows, so I asked Capcom's Seth Killian about this serious business, but all he was willing to say was -- "Ahh, but that would be telling. Even way back in his first appearance, was “Evil Ryu” really Ryu at all? His warrior’s heart was swallowed up by the dark hadou, and what is Ryu without that pure-hearted drive? Is Darth Vader really Anakin Skywalker? All will be revealed!"

Answering a direct question with more questions is a classic Killian move, and something I should have expected. Still, I can't deny that it's fun to speculate, and clearly that's what Seth is hoping we'll do from here."

I like the darth vader / anakin skywalker way of looking at it.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck Seth's gay as shit. I herreby call the Diezal Ryu.  ANd Bourbino AKuma.