• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZ SF scene - Your thoughts.

Started by CrazyMobius, May 24, 2010, 07:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

holy molly...this is worst than me hahahaha.

where should I start....

Hue,
As I told you many many times^^ don't bother la cao. The more you try to explain, the more crap you will get lol, so no point in argueing.. BECAUSE THE RESULT WILL SIMPLY BE THE SAME :) >>> I know some hates this phrase ^^!
btw, that lagless/ lagish setup I am already use to.. don't care what setup, just bring it on.

On a more serious note:
Key point for you Hue: Just come by, say Hi, sort out some tournaments stuff and check out whats new :)
Confronting arguement like this really gets nowhere as seen in my previous posts...just get the community to have different opinions and what good is that? Just follow their standards because it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

don't worry, be happy :)

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 30, 2010, 08:41:33 AM
holy molly...this is worst than me hahahaha.

where should I start....

Hue,
As I told you many many times^^ don't bother la cao. The more you try to explain, the more crap you will get lol, so no point in argueing.. BECAUSE THE RESULT WILL SIMPLY BE THE SAME :) >>> I know some hates this phrase ^^!
btw, that lagless/ lagish setup I am already use to.. don't care what setup, just bring it on.

Key point for you Hue: Just come by, say Hi, sort out some tournaments stuff and check out whats new :)

don't worry, be happy :)

The trouble is when you guys say "the result will be the same" it sounds like "we will just beat you guys anyway" which is kind of rude, and is what pissed Alan off.

I know what you ACTUALLY mean, and ive tried to explain it to everyone to dissolve this shit, because in essence, i actually agree with the way Hue is thinking. But yea, you guys just need to pick your words a bit more carefully, because angry white dudes like me and Alan can very easily take it the wrong way. :P

But yea. Youre already used to the setup. That didnt take long did it? This is the point im trying to make. If you put in the effort to get used to the better setup, then your gameplay will be better off in the long run.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: BIRRY WONG on June 30, 2010, 08:29:13 AM
I think youre misinterpreting Hue a bit here Alan. He is not saying "I cant play on this so it is bad" He is just listing his personal experience and opinion.

It has been personal experience and opinion in the past that lightning was thrown by the Gods, too - doesn't make it correct. Also perhaps my wording, while being intentionally personal to prove a point, made it seem like the problem is solely in regards to Hue - it isn't. LOTS of people need to realise that playing on a substandard setup and expecting to perform well when given a correct setup is bound to cause problems for them. And vice versa. However, only ONE way is what any tournament setup should aspire to. As mentioned many times, we're going to provide opportunities to get more practice on the setup, even if you don't ALREADY go to giga regularly (like many people do). If you go to GIGA and STILL choose to play on the shitty setups, then you're doing yourself a disservice and no-one else.

Quote from: BIRRY WONG on June 30, 2010, 08:29:13 AM
Fact of the matter is, on the day of the 3v3, EVERYONE suffered from the same problem.

I've actually asked quite a few people about this, and not everyone suffered. Some people said it actually allowed them to play the game the way it's supposed to be played - things like throw techs and normal counters/anti airs worked perfectly, unlike the other setups.

Quote from: BIRRY WONG on June 30, 2010, 08:52:16 AM
The trouble is when you guys say "the result will be the same" it sounds like "we will just beat you guys anyway" which is kind of rude, and is what pissed Alan off.

I'd rather you didn't assume what makes me angry, because it's not that phrase that's the issue, it's the attitude surrounding it. I know the result will likely be the same - the better players will still win.

Quote from: zosla on June 30, 2010, 08:41:33 AM

I'm very much an advocate for free speech, but only if it is actually backed by reason and that other people's counter arguments are actually acknowledged. You guys are just of guilty of being brick walls as anyone else around here - ignoring all of my points and attacking me rather than actually saying something like 'oh yeah being able to react properly would be better'. This and ONLY THIS is the reason for me getting angry.

As it is, I pretty much DO think you should stop posting. But I'm not going to force anyone to stop.

By the way, there is a committee that discusses these issues, and while general opinions will be taken into account, it is solely the discretion of this committee to provide the answers at the end and implement them in events.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on June 30, 2010, 09:21:29 AM
I've actually asked quite a few people about this, and not everyone suffered. Some people said it actually allowed them to play the game the way it's supposed to be played - things like throw techs and normal counters/anti airs worked perfectly, unlike the other setups.

This isnt accurate dude. Throw techs and reaction based shit was awesome, no arguments there. Even Hue said this was better. But literally EVERYONE was dropping combos. And that is the 'problem' that is being discussed. There was not ONE person that didnt fuck up at least one combo.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: BIRRY WONG on June 30, 2010, 09:30:20 AM
This isnt accurate dude. Throw techs and reaction based shit was awesome, no arguments there. Even Hue said this was better. But literally EVERYONE was dropping combos. And that is the 'problem' that is being discussed. There was not ONE person that didnt fuck up at least one combo.

I concur - while teching throws and counter poking is nice, none of that translates to SOLID damage and stun, particularly for characters who rely on big damage when they can get it *single tear*

But, I wholeheartedly agree with the fact that everything should be lagless, or as close to lagless as possible from now on - much like what everyone here has been saying, but just communicating in slightly terse/roundabout ways.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

so how about them all whites eh?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Well, Richard just won the argument.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: BIRRY WONG on June 30, 2010, 09:30:20 AM

The only combo I dropped was because of some weird Honda hit box issue...and yes I know Boxer combos are easy and aren't affected a lot by lag. Actually Richard was hitting the majority of his combos too. So not quite everyone but definitely a large majority.

BUT! hasn't execution always been a problem at our tournaments? I remember Cody commenting about the low level of execution in previous tournaments. I don't wanna start an argument but I think everyone should remember that. 

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Toomeke on June 30, 2010, 10:30:41 AM
The only combo I dropped was because of some weird Honda hit box issue...and yes I know Boxer combos are easy and aren't affected a lot by lag. Actually Richard was hitting the majority of his combos too. So not quite everyone but definitely a large majority.

BUT! hasn't execution always been a problem at our tournaments? I remember Cody commenting about the low level of execution in previous tournaments. I don't wanna start an argument but I think everyone should remember that.

The difference is that you play on a CRT dont you? So you shouldn't have had any issues since you were used to similar input delay.

Actually im pretty sure Richard plays on a CRT as well.

And as for the execution barrier, there seems to be a certain window of lag that everyone is used to. Too much, we drop shit, too little, we drop shit. Since we have found a setup with no lag that we will be using for comps and ranbats, we should be learning our combo timing on that shit, as i have said for this whole topic.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

^

Totally. Me and Richard (irc chat go figure) were two of the people Alan asked about the lag. Hence why he said a few people didn't suffer. So he was kinda accurate.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

It has been personal experience and opinion in the past that lightning was thrown by the Gods, too - doesn't make it correct. Also perhaps my wording, while being intentionally personal to prove a point, made it seem like the problem is solely in regards to Hue - it isn't. LOTS of people need to realise that playing on a substandard setup and expecting to perform well when given a correct setup is bound to cause problems for them. And vice versa. However, only ONE way is what any tournament setup should aspire to. As mentioned many times, we're going to provide opportunities to get more practice on the setup, even if you don't ALREADY go to giga regularly (like many people do). If you go to GIGA and STILL choose to play on the shitty setups, then you're doing yourself a disservice and no-one else.

You have missed my point here (and, to a lesser extent, Hue's) Hue totally understands all this. He has even said it. Hue was arguing that if we all play on substandard setups regularly WITH NO ACCESS TO GOOD SETUPS and we then bust out a different setup for competitions that are few and far between, then our performance suffers. His point is that at tournaments, our performance should be the best possible. The flaw in his argument was that he assumed we would not be having regular practice on lag free setups, which i have already said is not the case.

I'd rather you didn't assume what makes me angry, because it's not that phrase that's the issue, it's the attitude surrounding it. I know the result will likely be the same - the better players will still win.

Ok. Im sorry i assumed what makes you angry. But it seems i assumed correctly, said what you have said in this quote (although in a context which i attempted to use to benefit Hue and Andy, to try and illustrate YOUR point of view) and you have misread it and you are now arguing with me over nothing.

I'm very much an advocate for free speech, but only if it is actually backed by reason and that other people's counter arguments are actually acknowledged. You guys are just of guilty of being brick walls as anyone else around here - ignoring all of my points and attacking me rather than actually saying something like 'oh yeah being able to react properly would be better'. This and ONLY THIS is the reason for me getting angry.

You may not see this because you are participating in the argument, and i know i suffer the same thing, but this issue you have about people not listening is going both ways in this argument. Shit is being misinterpreted all over the show. By them AND by you. I am TRYING to help explain both sides to each other, in some attempt to get everyone on the same page, but it is clearly failing for this exact reason.

I dont mind getting flamed when im actively involved in something, but when i am attempting to serve as a form of mediation (which involves me pointing out things that are right and wrong with the arguments on both sides.) it annoys me somewhat having to defend myself.

Quote from: Toomeke on June 30, 2010, 10:51:23 AM
^

Totally. Me and Richard (irc chat go figure) were two of the people Alan asked about the lag. Hence why he said a few people didn't suffer. So he was kinda accurate.

Fair enough. I probably leaned a little too heavily towards the implication that it was only a few that were affected, rather than the other way around. Im happy to concede this one. Ultimately, the point is, practice makes perfect.

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

theres no doubt u-man-ehara failed miserably at any sorta combo on that setup  :'(

hope i can make it friday for a second chance at that monitor
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

zos'la

aiya,
no point argueing... just prove it by becoming better and performing better than everyone will shut up and play nicely^^
yay!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 30, 2010, 11:40:57 AM
aiya,
no point argueing... just prove it by becoming better and performing better than everyone will shut up and play nicely^^
yay!!!

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING THE WHOLE TIME
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black