• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

new art on my stick

Started by zos'la, June 02, 2010, 12:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Stick signed By Daigo :) yay.

Anyways this is the stick I used at EVO Apac, manage to mod it on time for all 3 plateforms and have a new Artwork on it printed by Graeme, THANKS!!!
I've been told this stick represented AUS... because of its shape, out of the 40 + TE's at the EVO Apac Tournament mine was the only custom one.

Some feedback on the artwork would be great.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

Ha yeah nice work Andy it looks real awesome. I remember seeing you play I think the winner's final on Saturday and they were streaming your hands and I'm like woah it's Andy's Ibuki stick.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Art looks awesome bro. You know im not big on the shape :P, but the art is a definite winner.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Not a fan of the font on your name, but the art is great, and the daigo signature is about as boss as you can get.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Holy fuck that's a boss way to write his name. I always thought he would've just written  醍醐
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

JackSmash

Anyone could so replicate Daigo's autograph. You would think that hes learned how to write his name in English and in some fansceee way.

electric

I agree with flux - I like the art, but not too keen on the font you used

Also this may/may not be an obvious question lol, but are you picking up Ibuki ? It seems like quite a few people have been playing her recently
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Skullator

Awesome stick mate, love the main art and of course the signature is sweet too.

The font style and mini Ibuki art are not my taste.

B BOY DRAW2

Sorry bro...not a fan of that lil Ibuki  :-X

Given the artwork placement, button layout, and distance between the stick and the buttons...I don't think it would have pulled off as good as it looks on any other stick...say with a Vewlix layout or something...

The shape...I'm not a big fan of...but when it comes to custom...I haven't done anything but change my artwork and buttons a bunch of times which hardly counts as custom.

All in all...

It's dope man!!!
That stick is tight!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

zos'la

thanks for feed back.
yes I know the font wasn't teh greatest but I used what I had.. was too rush to get new fonts and stuff xD I did it two nights before I flew over to Aus.. so yea.

I love the little buki :D and yes I have been learning her ever since release but I haven't put much time in her since I had to practice my main for the tournament.

The stick and button layout is custom made according to my finger placements, I DO NOT LIKE TE's :)

The shape.. well its loooks like OZ so that nuff said lol. not much problem with it though as its unique.

And I agree Daigo's signiture aint teh greatest.. but hell!!! and finally manage to find out the second part of his name's meaning...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

maelgrim

I like - it's nice and different from all the TE art mods.
I also like the little Ibuki :)

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

CptMunta

It looks pretty damn sick. Really like the white as the background colour and how ibuki seems framed somehow. Never really a fan of more than one artists Character art on a stick but the chibi ibuki being b+w stops it from upstaging the main focus.

Great work :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

xpunch

I like the white as well it makes Ibuki really stand out, nice touch with the white bubble top and buttons. awesome  x 1000 for the Daigo sig