• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Super Street Fighter IV 3v3 Team Tournament! Saturday the 26th of June!

Started by Lennysaurus, June 05, 2010, 02:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_metres
QuoteThe time between the gun and first kick against the starting block is measured electronically, via sensors built in the gun and the blocks. A reaction time less than 0.1 s is considered a false start. The 0.1-second interval accounts for the sum of the time it takes for the sound of the starter's pistol to reach the runners' ears, and the time it takes to react to it.

SSFIV fps: 60
Akuma Sweep startup: 6 frames = 0.1s / 100ms
Gief Lariat startup: 4 frames = 67ms
100 - 67 = 33ms
Tendon reflex that happens before its processed by the brain: 30ms
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O128-reactiontime.html

um... conclusion: i got too much time

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

I think we need at least more practice on that setup. I really do find I generally take about half an hour before I can play on my tournament level in SF. That casual setup probably made it worse, but I felt real good on it for some reason...

I think near the end of me vs Jack I started it adapt, but by then it was too late (but I did beat jack with the akumacopter yaaaa).

Hydro

Quote from: electric on June 27, 2010, 07:08:52 PM
Like Flux/Bill have said, dropping combos will happen when you're playing on a set up you aren't used to... If you play on CRT's, a laggy set up will smoke your combos, if you play on a dirty ass 42" plasma (like me), a lagless set up will smoke your combos.

There's nothing you can do about this, but get used to the set up the games will be run on.

Today, I pulled a dusty, 20" CRT out of the garage and plugged it in. It took 5 minutes. Then, I jumped in to training mode and started practicing my combos (yes, they're 1 frame links) - I was hitting them consistently within another 5 minutes.

I can say without a doubt that I won't be switching back to the Plasma unless I have no alternative. It really is THAT much better.

. . . . .doing this also, IMO this is a must to prep for the Nationals, or the next 3v3 if we're having one before then. :D

CrazyMobius

Well if 'game mode' on my samsung doesn't help with the lag difference I guess I have no hope in tournament play. I'm not about to buy an old TV just to play SF. (Those things are huge.) Just like I'm never going to buy an Xbox just to get a better connection. Oh well that's life I guess.

In other news the NZ community is a lot more pleasant when people stop trying to condescend others or try not to make them feel like shit. One thing I've really seen at the recent live events is the coming together of the community and people leaving their Egos at the door, which is awesome. Props to everyone who left their message board BS at home. It's a real shame though to be on such a positive note after an event like this and to come back online to see petty bickering and negativity again. It's a real downer and I hope one day we can gain a little more humility.

scribble

Awesome time, big thanks to the organizers. I had heaps of fun despite my terrible performance and crippling nerves, hopefully I'll do better next time lol. It was really good to catch up with some of the boys again. Special thanks to Mason for being so awesome and Bill and Skull for the post tourney entertainment. Congratz to the winners and to Richard for the crazy ocv, looking foward to the next event.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

CptMunta

Man, wish I could have been there. Sounded like it was a blast! :) Maybe team chch next year? At least we'll have some chch folks at nationals.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CrazyMobius

Munta pass this message on about the lagless set ups to anyone down South that doesn't read this board. It would be a crying shame for someone to buy a plane ticket for the weekend only to find out the controls feel totally different. If in doubt they can read the threads on this board to learn how to prepare for the day.

That goes the same for anyone else outside of AKl if you know anyone that's planning on travelling up.

stereomonkey

By the looks of previous tourney pictures it looks like they already play their matches on crt's.  So if that continues they should be fine :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

Quote from: stereomonkey on June 27, 2010, 11:30:09 PM
By the looks of previous tourney pictures it looks like they already play their matches on crt's.  So if that continues they should be fine :)

Nope. We play on ps3s on Sony 32 inch LCDs that are native 720p which is lucky, since it avoids the upscaling most tvs have to do to the ps3 image reducing lagg.

Honestly though, lagg isn't all that much of an issue for us. We just kinda make do. We do try and get a couple of casuals in before the event, adjust and keep going. We play alot of casuals on lagg free monitors and lcd tvs with a bit of lagg every Friday anyway.

For the timezone sf4 tourney we had to switch from arcade cab to laptop running sf4 just to accommodate pad warriors.

You kind of have to find a middle ground and logically the least lagg the better, which is what the nzism staff have tried to achieve.

I have played on the setup last time I was up there I think. I did notice a difference in the timing from my home setup, but I also noticed a difference between the casual setup as well. I think my problem I think was that I wasn't used to no lagg.

I'm really trying to stay out of this whole lagg debate, but I personally think it's impossible for a tournament to have the same setup as every player has at home.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 27, 2010, 10:53:29 PM
In other news the NZ community is a lot more pleasant when people stop trying to condescend others or try not to make them feel like shit. One thing I've really seen at the recent live events is the coming together of the community and people leaving their Egos at the door, which is awesome. Props to everyone who left their message board BS at home. It's a real shame though to be on such a positive note after an event like this and to come back online to see petty bickering and negativity again. It's a real downer and I hope one day we can gain a little more humility.

Yeah.... it's all my fault.... I'm sorry guys. my bad habit >.< I always "rush down" too much...... I will try my best to fix it.
And I won't question about this lagging debate anymore.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: CptMunta on June 27, 2010, 11:02:30 PM
Man, wish I could have been there. Sounded like it was a blast! :) Maybe team chch next year? At least we'll have some chch folks at nationals.

Maybe we can do National tournament + 3vs3 tournament at the same time like the AUS EVO APAC ?? Or maybe we can do it a day after the National tournament so that everyone can recover their "hp" ?? I think It would save time/money/troubles for people outside AKL if we do it on the same day or a day after.

I wonder how cold is CHCH these days as I will be there in 4 hours....... Hope i can survive. ^_^

edited* : NVM, I forgot that we are running multiple tournaments this time.

CptMunta

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on June 28, 2010, 04:55:14 AM
I wonder how cold is CHCH these days as I will be there in 4 hours....... Hope i can survive. ^_^

edited* : NVM, I forgot that we are running multiple tournaments this time.

You're more than welcome to come to our mashup this Friday bro :) pmed you the details.

Also feel free to post in the Christchurch thread if you are keen for casuals against our players in the week.

zos'la

Hue its pretty cold down there... colder than Auckland atleast.

Well it took me about 3-4 games to get use to that damn setup for the 3v3 lol... it was only when I played Simonfish and Jack in the semi finals where I could actually do a few combos -.- grrr.

I personally think the setup I have at home is as good as the one we had in EVO APAC because myself, Fong and Jack had no problems at all performing anything with those and these setups have been proven by the OZ guys.
All in all, if we ARE going towards the so call lagless setup then of course we will have to start adapting to it... though it won't help to adapt to such a setup and go to other big events and say, your setup is laggy :) har har har.

It would be great to have another 3v3 if you want to organize it... but I do advise not to have it on the same day as nationals... you will all be sick trust me, myself, Fong adn Jack were totally exausted after the main tournament in EVO APAC and 3v3 after that didn't freaking help lol. So either do it the next day or another date b4/ after it.

chika chika chooo choooo
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

STRAIT THE FUCK UP

RICHARD UMEHALA IN THE FUCKIN BUILDING

was so epic haha....

big ups to lenny the len doggy dog meister for finising the tourney even tho he was immensly salted out  :P

sorry to my awesome team, i let us down....but next time for reals....IronRumbleDave to the maxx with 2 x's

another one, another one, another one, another one
The New Generation Clockw0rk