• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NEW SOUL CALIBUR GAMES

Started by samurai black, June 14, 2007, 10:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

upcoming sc games.

sc iv http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160253

and random scan of sc legend, for the wii. apparently part adventure game, part fighting game. perhaps that explains siegfried fighting dragons. http://img31.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=35202_SCL1_122_1172lo.jpg

Coddfish

Awesome. Soul Calibur is one 3D fighter that I actually really enjoy. I still find it foreign to play competitively, but I just love the style of it. And as Fighter from 8 Bit Theater would say.... "I like swords!"

Also, according to someone on IGN (a comment in response to an article, not he article iself, though), Kratos from God of War will be the PS3 exclusive character. Wonder who xbox will have... Master Chief? :D Ryu Hayabusa would be an option, actually, if only he wasn't in Virtua Fighter (I think its that that he's in, anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong).
It should be punished with death for owning a PS2 and never having even PLAYED God of War, but anyway. Kratos. Winner.

I may have to think about getting a PS3 a lot sooner, although I could get a 360 instead/as well. I wasn't planning on getting a PS3 till FF13 or MGS4 came out. Oh well.
Good news, anyway.

Eddy_COMBO

Well this is cool Soul Calibur is a nice game hopefully they tone down Setsuka that broken biatch too many frame traps. I cant Guard Impact everything she throws out lol.

Hopefully it matches SC2 in terms of Quality in both gfx an gameplay. IMO SC2 was f_cken good dont know why Yifans replaced it with SC3.

Kratos in SC will be cool very cool. Ryu Hayabusa is from DOA im sure guess hell use fist/Kunai fighting.

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Wugga

I'd think it highly unlikely that Team Ninja would let Namco use Hayabusa for their game... though outside of Halo, what memorable characters do MS have? Maybe they could stick Marcus Fenix in there with an unloaded lancer (chainsaw-bayonet gun).
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

fluxcore

Quote from: Wugga on July 03, 2007, 07:54:22 AM
What memorable characters do MS have?

Bob? (Sorry, lame techie joke)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

fluxcore

Wugga

Did you guys see that series of clippy flash-animated cartoons? Clippy was voiced by... goddamn what's his name... Gilbert Godfried? They weren't too bad.
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

Eddy_COMBO

well well well Darth vader(ps2 exclusive) and Yoda(360 exclusive)

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334

meh what will ghey is if Maxi's nunchakku blocks their lightsabers lol. I like the idea although i would've liked someone Onimusha series in the mix *sigh*....

I reckon Darth maul would've proven to be a more welcome addition to SC. Heck even Chewbacca XD, maybe Namco could add chewbacca to Tekken lol that'll be a blast...
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

samurai black

that was fucking ridiculous. having star wars characters in a game set in the medieval era.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its their fault for bringing swords to a lightsaber duel.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Yeah, this is pretty retarded. Mind you SC has a history of being pretty retarded (save the first one).

Spawn? Link? WTF. May as well have Boogerman in there as well.

--flux

samurai black

at least those two vaguely fit the era of the game. link runs around with a sword and shield in a tunic, and spawn had his axe. those other two fucks have lightsabers.