• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat 9: You weak pathetic fools!

Started by fluxcore, June 11, 2010, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LN

Ahh, the 'Tak, jumping to conclusions before actually receiving replies. Good work guys.

Chances are it'll all be DLC.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2010/12/13/mortal-kombat-te-arcade-stick-looks-like-its-from-20-years-a.html

Pics of the stick - looks like UMK3 layout. Lol @ everything but the artwork, basically.

also shows "Retro ninja original costume DLC" - backing up my previous statement :)

Bit of a non-issue in general anyway, anyone who plays mk competitively doesn't actually do fatalities anyway, they take too long. Purely cosmetic. No worse than SF4's costumes.
There is no knowledge that is not power

DVS

Quote from: LN on December 14, 2010, 12:20:16 PM
Ahh, the 'Tak, jumping to conclusions before actually receiving replies. Good work guys.

Chances are it'll all be DLC.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2010/12/13/mortal-kombat-te-arcade-stick-looks-like-its-from-20-years-a.html

Pics of the stick - looks like UMK3 layout. Lol @ everything but the artwork, basically.

also shows "Retro ninja original costume DLC" - backing up my previous statement :)

Bit of a non-issue in general anyway, anyone who plays mk competitively doesn't actually do fatalities anyway, they take too long. Purely cosmetic. No worse than SF4's costumes.

Pretty cool how the stick opens up to double as a storage space, looks like the same box as the SF Anniversary stick....I'd probably change those raised buttons and the stick out...but otherwise it looks pretty good......only thing is it'd be quite an investment just for playing one game......

I'd have to agree with LN there I'm sure extra costumes will be DLC realeased on all platforms at some point......

I'm looking forward to finishing opponents off as brutally as possibly  ;D
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

stereomonkey

Quote from: DVS on December 14, 2010, 09:36:21 AM
I was wondering about the button layout though.....isn't MK a 5 button layout? LP, HP, Block, LK, HK?...they got rid of the run button awhile back. Thats guna be interesting to adjust to after so much SF.

Yeah, I still can't get use to the way MK button layout is when I was trying to play UMK3 against Gino.  Just boggles my mind hahaha @_@
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 14, 2010, 01:06:52 PM
Yeah, I still can't get use to the way MK button layout is when I was trying to play UMK3 against Gino.  Just boggles my mind hahaha @_@

Yeah the run button always felt like an Orphan to me. I always prefered Run under block in the middle row. Happ is yuck but so is MCA now thanks to the Jap stick trend, but I can fully understand why it is Happ being a western game and all. But really a pretty sick Collectors Edition.

I dunno about Kratos, Perfect fit for a fighting game but when he does less than he does in an action title he might feel watered down. Just speaking from a Soul Claibur psp standpoint. Gears of War characters could actually be pretty damn sick.

I know I am being dumb about this game, it does look sick but I have a "What have you done for me lately" viewpoint on MK after the last couple of games (Especially MK vs DC). It probably will be hella sick and slick. They seem to be focusing on alot of the problems I have had with the series. They are throwing a ton of money and time at it. MK at evo would explode heads.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

samurai black

tbh, i think that stick is hideous.

and while its awesome it looks like the original, its also dumb because its just for MK.

LN

Quote from: CptMunta on December 14, 2010, 09:21:31 PM
Yeah the run button always felt like an Orphan to me. I always prefered Run under block in the middle row.

That's the layout he's talking about - he's just too bolo even for that :)

But yeah, run under block in the middle column is definitely how I prefer it. UMK3 purists seem to like the 'official' layout as seen on this stick, but meh...

DVS

"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Eddy_COMBO

Ermac has been leaked and goro i guess  http://shoryuken.com/content/ermac-confirmed-mortal-kombat-9-2775/

I never really played mortal kombat much, but I remember the red ninja(ermac) was my favourite. Mainly cause he was a ninja and red lol. His story is pretty sweet as well a bit like Garuda from street fighter ex series.
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

stereomonkey

Quote from: LN on December 15, 2010, 08:08:23 AM
That's the layout he's talking about - he's just too bolo even for that :)

But yeah, run under block in the middle column is definitely how I prefer it. UMK3 purists seem to like the 'official' layout as seen on this stick, but meh...

Hah, who needs to block and run anyway when you toe people to death! :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

redtie

Why not use 4 buttons and map run to lp + lk and block to hp + hk? Cause that lay out is just fugly.

LN

Because then you can't runjab or use half your moves buffered from block

But from what I understand, run is a double tap motion on the stick in mk9. I think the 6th button is going to be used for tagging. Wish they'd confirm this stuff.

Hydro

OMG I'm going to buy this, and force Rory and Lenny to run a tourney at Nats.

See me mix it up with Mileena/Sonya

Lennysaurus

I just hope the game plays better than it looks tbh.  The game play looks pretty unappealing to me atm.  Looks very stilted, and when the characters actually hit each other, it looks off.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

It looks clunky as shit. I know theyre trying to keep it looking like mortal kombat, but its just not working atm. I think its only the movements/when characters are getting hit that is the issue. The Models/backgrounds etc all look really nice.

Ill rent it and give it a genuine crack, but im not getting my hopes up for anything decent.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.