• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat 9: You weak pathetic fools!

Started by fluxcore, June 11, 2010, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

Australia is retarded because they only have an M 15+ rating as the highest rating.
So anything not deemed fit that a minor could play is banned which is just silly

So they have games which in NZ are R18 but Australian 12 year olds are playing
Really dumb they just need to make a R rating and problem solved

geneterror

From www.kotaku.com a list of the fatalities that got the game banned.

Kung Lao throws his metal hat into the ground and it spins like a buzz saw. He grabs his prone opponent by the ankles and drags their body through the saw, explicitly slicing them vertically in half. Copious bloodspray is noted. Kung Lao holds up both halves of the corpse as blood pours out.

Jade explicitly kicks an opponent into the air and plants her fighting stick into the ground. The opponent falls backwards onto the stick and is explicitly impaled, with the stick protruding from their chest. Jade then explicitly tears her opponent's head off, with bloodspray noted, and explicitly plants it on the stick.

Stryker tasers his opponent and then explicitly shoots their head off with his gun. Blood and gore is noted.

Quan Chi explicitly rips his opponent's leg off, accompanied by copious bloodspray. As they lie on the ground, he explicitly beats them with the severed leg for a prolonged period of time.

Scorpion explicitly slashes an opponent horizontally in two at the waist, with blood and wound detail noted. He then explicitly decapitates them and kicks their body over. As the severed head falls through the air, he explicitly slices it vertically in two.

Mileena throws two blades at an opponent, which explicitly lodge in their chest. She slowly approaches and explicitly rips their head off, causing their severed neck to spray blood as their body topples. She then explicitly bits into the severed head before throwing it to the ground.

Kabal uses long hooks to explicitly pull out an opponent's intestines before explicitly impaling the opponent on two spikes.

Shao Kahn uses his hands to explicitly rip an opponent's body vertically in two.

Baraka explicitly lodges a blade (attached to his wrist) in an opponent's stomach and hoists them above his head. He spins them round and explicitly decapitates and dismembers them, accompanied by copious bloodspray.

Kitana uses her 'folding fan' weapon to explicitly dismember then decapitate her opponent, with copious blood flow noted.
KOW 2011

Barnstorm

Its interesting that those are the reasons it is banned

But games like GTA and Call of duty MW2 get through. Actually theres so many games which get through and mk is just stupid violence not even close to realism

CptMunta

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CptMunta on February 26, 2011, 03:30:27 PM
Woah that's alot of explicitly's

LOL i'd say ay. I was reading it out loud to my mum cos werre cool like that. And i was getting the mad lisps hahha.

I feel sorry for Aussies. For some people it's not as easy to import from NZ. You no like little kids and shit lol. And if it's banned would they even let you import? Cos i know people do it anyway. Must suck for dem kids not being able to play BMXXX.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

originaljulz

I don't think being banned in Aus will affect if the game will be here or not. As long as there's a PAL release we should get it.

And lol Weazzy did you actually play that game? Was it even that bad? I remember it's selling point here was that it was banned in Aus.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CptMunta

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

maelgrim

Looks good
Funny the demo also available to Australia
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

stereomonkey

Damn that is looking pretty awesome.  Will be getting into definitely!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

man its looking pretty fucking awesome , livewire should do a preorder deal for us !!!
will definately be getting this on release day now .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Hydro

Lennysaurus

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on March 06, 2011, 11:09:40 AM
man its looking pretty fucking awesome , livewire should do a preorder deal for us !!!
will definately be getting this on release day now .

Last time I spoke to Amol at Livewire he was talking about something along those lines.  I'll visit him soon and see what he had in mind.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I think the thing that killed this game for me when i was pretty much convinced to get it was that button layout.

I don't want to get anymore peripherals to play these games. And it looked fucked up anyway.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 06, 2011, 04:49:56 PM
I think the thing that killed this game for me when i was pretty much convinced to get it was that button layout.

I don't want to get anymore peripherals to play these games. And it looked fucked up anyway.

Why not just use your TE to play it?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero