• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat 9: You weak pathetic fools!

Started by fluxcore, June 11, 2010, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

nztauranga

Even has sum gambling type games on mk9. Choose which cup has the ball, spinning reels, etc. Hope its similar to final fantasy were you can gamble and upgrade in points or something.
-work to live not live to work-><>

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Rorooze

hard to judge since I've been accustomed to SF/MVC. using a button to block just feels really bizarre.

nztauranga

Quote from: Rorooze on April 19, 2011, 12:39:11 PM
hard to judge since I've been accustomed to SF/MVC. using a button to block just feels really bizarre.
it is bizarre, blocking with button, doest take long to adjust though. I'd prefer to go old school, block button in centre top.
-work to live not live to work-><>

JackSmash

Having a block button is pretty lame.
Pretty much makes the half casts' ridiculously fast teleports only useful for punishing fireballs................
The game's 'mixup' is purely high/low. Oh and of course the lunging super armored 50% x-ray throws which you need to jump out of in about 20 frames.   :D

massi4h

I've played a bit of some games with block buttons so I should be OK with that. I didn't think about that though Jack. Like those teleport punches and shit won't be as effective.

And damn you hackers, the game's not released yet?

JackSmash

What are you on about?
I just read about it, never touched it before...or have I?

Barnstorm

Very few moves hit overhead so down block is really good

There are some unblockable moves tho

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: JackSmash on April 19, 2011, 03:03:55 PM
What are you on about?
I just read about it, never touched it before...or have I?

It's Mortal Kombat. Only Mason cares.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

LN

Quote from: JackSmash on April 19, 2011, 02:13:56 PM
Having a block button is pretty lame.
Pretty much makes the half casts' ridiculously fast teleports only useful for punishing fireballs................
The game's 'mixup' is purely high/low. Oh and of course the lunging super armored 50% x-ray throws which you need to jump out of in about 20 frames.   :D

Someone has never played Virtua Fighter, lol
There is no knowledge that is not power

samurai black

fuck its only a block button. theyre in soul calibur too

JackSmash

massi4h

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on April 19, 2011, 03:32:15 PM
It's Mortal Kombat. Only Mason cares.
tbh I'm probably the most unhype for this game and probably won't pick it up.

A certain hamiltonian person that we all know trained me in vf5 for like 4 hours at xlan. Don't remember much about that game anymore. Also DoA4 is awesome.

CptMunta

I'm really still on the fence about it. I've played the demo quite a bit and it feels clunky and mashy though fun. Dunno if I really want to invest all that much time into it really. But the more footage I see the better it looks and even if the gameplay seems a bit janky, there's no denying the amount of polish and care has gone into the game.

I'm going to have a proper go of it at local mashup on release since some of the guys are picking it up. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but keep the impressions coming in. I'm really interested in what people that have spent a decent amount of time with the full game think of it.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta