• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Super SF 4 Tourney patch due tomorrow!

Started by fluxcore, June 15, 2010, 09:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jun/14/super-street-fighter-4-patch-tomorrow-tournament-mode/

• Tournament Mode is a head-to-head in single-elimination tournament with brackets, which works with 4 or 8 players.

• You can watch other tournament matches in progress while you're waiting for your turn and voice chat. Players competing can hear you as well, but if it annoys you, there's a mute option.

• To help with lag, spectators will be a little bit behind the actual match that's being played.

• Tournament Mode works with SSFIV's recording feature.

• There are no battle points or rankings, but Tournament Mode will give players unique and special online titles, which can be won and lost from other players.

• Character selection is double-blind.

• Tournaments will continue on even if a participating player drops out.

• While the max amount of people a tournament can hold is 8 players, a 9th person can be there as the host. If the host drops, another will be found.

Bugs fixed:
• Fei Long's infinite combo loop against Juri will be removed.

• Unblockable Ultras will be fixed.

• Guy will no longer be able to be thrown while he's crouching and in hit stun animation. A bug made it possible to combo throw moves while he was in this state.

• Ibuki's invincibility window on wake up â€" under certain circumstances â€" was too long, this will be fixed.

• The 2nd hit of Ibuki's Spinning Kicks missing Chun-Li will be fixed.

• Counter hit damage on M. Bison's (Dictator) Ultra 2 was too low, the life it takes off when it scores a counter hit will be increased.

• Sagat's Angry Scar was not working properly in some instances (EX-Tiger Uppercut doesn't get damage upgrade in some cases).
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on June 15, 2010, 09:38:38 AM
• Counter hit damage on M. Bison's (Dictator) Ultra 2 was too low, the life it takes off when it scores a counter hit will be increased.

Yay! I love smacking that bastard out of the air with my j.fierce - time to get the damage he deserves!!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Uh, I think it mean's that when bison counters WITH U2 it did too little damage.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on June 15, 2010, 09:45:56 AM
Uh, I think it mean's that when bison counters WITH U2 it did too little damage.

DAMN YOU DICTATOR!!! *single tear*
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Yep, like that asshole needs to be buffed :/

stereomonkey

Lol, so it will now do more damage?  Since landing a counter U2 was like hitting a counter s.rh.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

fluxcore

CrazyMobius

Well if we get it earlier that's great!

geneterror

We should get it tomorrow hopefully. The PSN store updates on Fridays but I doubt you will grab this from the store even though it's classed as DLC. I would expect this to be like any other in-game update.
Guess we'll find out when we log in tomorrow.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on June 15, 2010, 10:17:57 AM
We should get it tomorrow hopefully. The PSN store updates on Fridays but I doubt you will grab this from the store even though it's classed as DLC. I would expect this to be like any other in-game update.
Guess we'll find out when we log in tomorrow.

Sweet! 

fluxcore

It might be the day after for you PSN users.

Pie chart and all.

geneterror

KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on June 15, 2010, 10:26:06 AM
It might be the day after for you PSN users.

Pie chart and all.

Most likely. Still better than nothing.

HoneyBadger

How the fuck often would you hit a CH U2? lol.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA