• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Arcade Stories.

Started by CrazyMobius, June 16, 2010, 09:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 21, 2010, 03:09:18 AM
Haha fuck I know that dude. Yea he still rocks up and just sits there doing neutral jump HK with Blanka against the CPU. One dude challenged him and he just stood up, walked away from the machine, waited for the guy to finish, then proceeded to go and resume his beastly NJ HK gameplay against the CPU.

Thats the asian guy rocking the mean bald patch aye?

That dude has been down there doing that since the beggining of time.  If he somehow manages to get to Bison and then lose on Bison, the resulting display is VERY entertaining.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

samurai black

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on June 21, 2010, 09:19:30 AM
i think me and steven called ending up calling him angry asian guy. and then there was the white guy in the suit that did the same thing, and he was angry business guy.

cha

And the most amazing part is that guy is actually a auckland uni student,
I saw him going to a lecture the other day.

My story happened in a all dark and smoky arcade in HongKong, folks hanging out there
usually wear black T-shirts and blue jeans, with dragon tattoos on their arms.
I challenge a guy playing SVC using Terry with my Akuma, it was a shoulder machine.
All I did was dive kick, when I get to combo i just did LKLKLKLKLKMK, cause it looks super
fast compared to other things in game and it feels good doing it.

That guy didn't know how to anti-air, after getting beaten the first round, he stood up
and all he said was, "fucking crazy", giving up the remaining rounds and left the arcade.

Then another guy wearing shirt probably in his 30s came along, he was a bit better, so
I had to use the block evade dp unblockable bug  ;D
After losing 20 games in a row, he got really pissed off, before he left he whinnied in
a 3rd grader style "fluke demon" literately or maybe "fluke monster" a better translation.

The way they trash talked me was so hilarious, but i guess it wasnt a appropriate
moment for me to smile, and I just couldn't get angry because of that, so I just blank
face them which pissed them off even more. The feeling was so uneasy I wished all they
said was just a "fuck you".

CptMunta

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on June 21, 2010, 09:19:30 AM

That dude has been down there doing that since the beggining of time.  If he somehow manages to get to Bison and then lose on Bison, the resulting display is VERY entertaining.

Crazy, that guy was there last time I was at Yifan's he kept looking over at me to see if was watching his blanka brilliance. Not to be mean but with the way he was playing and his performance when he lost to the CPU, I honestly thought he was a bit slow.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fretai03

Flatbush Road shops (in Otara right where Flatbush primary is). Sometime in the early 90's (Jan '94 I think).

I almost got knifed by some wanna be gangsta kid.

My cousin & I were in the takeways playing SF2. This kid walks in & starts screwing up his face and saying "pwoah... TOEJAMS! someone in here's got the meanest toeys"

Not one to back away from confrontation I said to him "Maybe its yours cause you mentioned it." He got mad & pulled a knife on me. We freaked out and the shop owner kicked us all out.

We ran up Piako St (my old family house was on Piako). He followed us, I yelled out that we were going to get my older brother and cousins. He said he'd knife all of us...

He ran back to the shops when my brother & cousins came outta the house as we were running up the driveway. He got some of his boys to come out.

Pretty lols when I think back to that time hahaha

Also getting beat by Joekage one night in Yifans was the start of my MvC2 life. Was supposed to have gone home at 7pm, didn't leave til 11pm lol. Wasted over $20 easy that night, but its my most fondest memory of Yifans. Joe is the man.

originaljulz

Quote from: fretai03 on June 23, 2010, 12:30:31 AM
Flatbush Road shops (in Otara right where Flatbush primary is). Sometime in the early 90's (Jan '94 I think).

I almost got knifed by some wanna be gangsta kid.

My cousin & I were in the takeways playing SF2. This kid walks in & starts screwing up his face and saying "pwoah... TOEJAMS! someone in here's got the meanest toeys"

Not one to back away from confrontation I said to him "Maybe its yours cause you mentioned it." He got mad & pulled a knife on me. We freaked out and the shop owner kicked us all out.

We ran up Piako St (my old family house was on Piako). He followed us, I yelled out that we were going to get my older brother and cousins. He said he'd knife all of us...

He ran back to the shops when my brother & cousins came outta the house as we were running up the driveway. He got some of his boys to come out.

Pretty lols when I think back to that time hahaha

Nice story, but it barely had an arcade in it lol.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Had an arcade in it. Had random violence in it.

Seems to qualify to me. :P
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man i wish one of you's knew the ultra small 6 by 4 arcade across the Rd from Kelston Boys High. It use to get so packed with all these big ma fuckaz you could'nt even get in the door. I lived a few houses away and only got to see the inside of it once for it's entire arcade lifespan.

Man those were the days ay, they had arcades at your freaking dairy's mane, like not just your one or two machines at the take-aways a whole arcade lol.

Anyone remember the one on Glengarry Rd shops in Glen Eden. It was half video store and half arcade. It was mean though and had heaps of games. My cousin use to live right next to it, and we use to beg our mums for some coinage to go jam. Got sick of street fighters 3 moves quite quickly and then saw tekken 1. After that was Tekken up till Tekken 5 but was only the man out west and got raped hard wheneva i went to town arcades.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Yeah there was an arcade behind the dairy at our local shops!

Every fish and chip shop had a world warrior or hyper fighter machine... how I long for those days again!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: weazzyefff on June 28, 2010, 12:35:00 PM
Man i wish one of you's knew the ultra small 6 by 4 arcade across the Rd from Kelston Boys High. It use to get so packed with all these big ma fuckaz you could'nt even get in the door. I lived a few houses away and only got to see the inside of it once for it's entire arcade lifespan.

Man those were the days ay, they had arcades at your freaking dairy's mane, like not just your one or two machines at the take-aways a whole arcade lol.

man when was this i went to kelston boys high and had no idea there were arcade machines across the road lol. I remember there was an internet cafe but that was it. But bro i remember how packed the bakery was after school so if there were arcade machines near KBHS damn it would've been packed(and most of them probably wont have any money lol)

Henderson actually had a decent arcade too bad its gone....

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

wong

Every arcade out west gets closed :S
There was an arcade in Te Atatu Peninsula when i was 12.
Didn't last very long. Had people pick pocketing others for like 50c, people dealing behind the arcade and kids pushing "start" whenever someone puts in 2 credits thinking its all good that they can play.

zos'la

There was an Arcade on Great North Road henderson mall area, it was first near teh bus stop 2 min from the mall.
They then moved to the upper end of the street where national Bank is... was a great place they stayed pretty long too.
They had pretty good games incl my fav SF ex2 plus :D and of course a bunch of others.
I think the owners name was.... Ben or something, bold head white guy.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

Space Odyssey in New Lynn was epicly close. Went there about 2-3 times a week when I was about 9. They had MVC2, TTT, A2, and like heaps of games I used to play back then.