• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

COMIC-CON 2010: CAPCOM ANNOUNCES STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN, SF3 ONLINE EDITION

Started by geneterror, July 25, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

CAPCOM held a panel today at Comic-Con featuring Yoshinori Ono, the producer of Street Fighter 4. Here are some highlights of the panel via Mike Nelson of 1UP. Photos courtesy of @ShinJN_ on Twitter.

STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN
    * "A time for a new fighting era has begun."
    * 2v2 Fighting Game, Characters can "Tag Out" during Ultra animations.
    * Two versions, one developed by CAPCOM and the other developed by NAMCO.
    * "Won't be out for a while, enjoy MVC3 while you wait."

SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4
    * Official CAPCOM Online Tournaments for Super Street Fighter 4 using the Tournament Mode.
    * Many more costumes for Super Street Fighter 4 characters on the way.
    * CAPCOM trying to recreate the same "look and feel" of the console version of Super Street Fighter 4 for the Nintendo 3DS.
    * New characters wont be announced until Tokyo Game Show.

STREET FIGHTER III: THIRD STRIKE, ONLINE EDITION
    * Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Announced
    * Ono says the game "will not come out in the immediate future, but the game is coming back."
    * Mentions players should voice their opinions and suggestions to Seth at Capcom-Unity

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/7/24/comic-con-2010-capcom-announces-street-fighter-x-tekken-sf3.html

Fuck STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN no care, but 3rd Strike is a genuine surprise. Dammit I just really want CvS2 now so I can throw away the PS2 and play all my games off the PS3 HDD haha.
KOW 2011

geneterror

I knew you'd be happy mothefucker, your game gets a new life. So still can't get a PS3?

Official STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9EpHRdlI3M&feature=player_embedded
KOW 2011

maelgrim

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

moose!

I'm interested to hear from Teeeken players think of the trailer, it doesn't look to play like a Tekken game at all.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Cool. Wish my net wasn't fucked so i could watch some shit.

Streetfighter engine will probably be cool to see the tekken chars in it. BUT the Tekken engine gonna fail the SF chars lol.

Hope they bring some of Tekken's customization into it this time. Only retards think $100 for 5 different costumes is better oh and old school cunts lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

maelgrim

That was pretty cool.
But I am more hyped to see Namco's version.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

scribble

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 25, 2010, 09:18:50 AM
Some Street Fighter X Tekken Gameplay:

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596

Dunno if it was just the crowd but this vid got me pretty damn hype. I like the tag ins. It'll be interesting to see namcos version.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

kingpiccolo

yeah i like the look kaz looks beast oh yeah i hope i get to play my fav tekken char king.
and this reminds of CvS series and the SvC games. cant wait to see the SF dude in namcos version.

budafist

pretty sweet trailer.
funny how Tekken has been brought into the streetfighter world, and nite vice versa.
Wonder how tekken players will feel having to adapt to ultras, cancels and throw techs (never play tekken so dunno if it has these allready)

also what about controls, will 2 buttons be disabled if you use a Tekken char?

anyway I can see this as a gateway drug to becoming a full fledged Tekeen user. Someone think of the kids!
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

Lennysaurus

Looked alot like Rival Schools to me minus the super jumping.

To be honest I thought it looked kinda awful.  Great idea though, but I think it looks pretty bolo.  Early days though I guess.

New Third Strike sounds good though, yay ORO!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on July 25, 2010, 09:41:00 AM
Streetfighter engine will probably be cool to see the tekken chars in it. BUT the Tekken engine gonna fail the SF chars lol.

I reckon this. Could be hard to say though until we see some gameplay from the namco version.

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on July 25, 2010, 11:22:15 AM
Looked alot like Rival Schools to me minus the super jumping.

To be honest I thought it looked kinda awful.  Great idea though, but I think it looks pretty bolo.  Early days though I guess.

New Third Strike sounds good though, yay ORO!!!!

Yea, still early days. It just looked a little slow to me, but im definitely intrigued by it. If i can use Fuerte and King and rock team lucha, then ill be sold And 3s online edition might actually make me want to play 3s.

The best part of the video was the SF4 Ryu sprite using the donkey kick.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.