• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

COMIC-CON 2010: CAPCOM ANNOUNCES STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN, SF3 ONLINE EDITION

Started by geneterror, July 25, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

3rd strike online is awesome .
sf vs tekken looked amazzing , seems like theyve buffed the graphics over ssf4
tekken players wont play it and i doubt many sf players will play the namco version , justa fun crossover that wont bridge the two groups together tho .

anyway i ill buy them all lets face it , bet you will all 2 when theyre released lol
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Rorooze

SF v TEKKEN
MVC3
SSF4
SF3:3S
HDR
MK9
BB:CS
KOFXIII

too many fighters will be in the market imo. thats 8 right there that have been released recently or will be released in the next year or so, who has the time to play even half of those? let alone any other games that come out! anyone want to bet what'll be on at nats next year?

i wouldn't be surprised if after MVC3 most of these fighters have terrible sales and then the 2d fighting game genre doesn't see anything decent for another 8+ years.

samurai black

HDR has been out for a while bro and 3S is just coming online. anyway, i guess the way the companies are looking at it is, strike while the iron is hot.

i like it.

originaljulz

You might be right with the too many games in the market. I've always liked to focus on one, maybe two fighting games at a time, and get good, rather than play casually in a lot. Fighting games have always been like that for me.

Next year just makes me go "what to play, what to play, what to play, arrgghhhh!"
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

budafist

good point Rory
Fighting games particuly require alot of commitment, learning combos, timing etc.
I mean I've forgotten how to play HDR since picking up SF4. I dont think I'll have the time or patience to get into most of these titles.
There's also Mortal Kombat which looks bad ass imo.

I think the oversaturation and the fact that these games have become so extremely competitive is taking the fun out of it for me.

donkey kick was beast tho.

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

Rorooze

I mean it is pretty sweet we get all these games to choose from, but as a community we should probably focus on a few rather than trying to play them all so we can collectively get good at a few games rather than being average in all of em.

samurai black

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Barnstorm

Quote from: Rorooze on July 25, 2010, 11:54:07 AM
SF v TEKKEN
MVC3
SSF4

SF3:3S
HDR
MK9
BB:CS
KOFXIII

too many fighters will be in the market imo. thats 8 right there that have been released recently or will be released in the next year or so, who has the time to play even half of those? let alone any other games that come out! anyone want to bet what'll be on at nats next year?

i wouldn't be surprised if after MVC3 most of these fighters have terrible sales and then the 2d fighting game genre doesn't see anything decent for another 8+ years.

While i would like to play all of these i will end up goin where the players are (online) which is most likely the 4 games bolded

I would love to have the American diversity and comp but in little ol NZ there are very few of us just look at ssf4 every1 has changed to aus to get games in

Just look at games like BB and KoF they are just not 'casual' enough to draw the crowd

maelgrim

well it will be
BBCS, MVC3 & MK9 for me

And of course if a new Nightstalkers ever comes out.

I guess i'm odd in that style is as important as substance in a fighter for me these days.
SF has good gameplay, but I find the presentation, story & music all so terrible that it can be hard to want to put the disc in.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Well i've got no soul so i'll just play whatever you guys play. They should REMIX 3s Don't wanna main Ken or Chun. I wanna main Urien.

Bryan/Sagat and Bison/Kazuya is my teams, i baggs dem nobody else can pick those teams from now on.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Watching Rufus/Bob would make me want to quit life

I guess excitement-wise, I'm right up there - fighting games seem to be the new black at the moment (no wonder Umehala is so good)

As long as it's fun and there's lots of healthy competition, I'd pick it up.

Also, 3S online = fuck yes. It's about time someone made it easier for me to play that game.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Skullator

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on July 25, 2010, 02:05:31 PM
Well i've got no soul so i'll just play whatever you guys play. They should REMIX 3s Don't wanna main Ken or Chun. I wanna main Urien.

Could try maining your fave's regardless.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Urien is high tier. He's not Ken/Chun, but hes pretty fucking good.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.