• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

DC Universe

Started by stereomonkey, July 26, 2010, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

All I heard was "JRPGJRPGJRPGASLDHASLDJALDJASLJDA"
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The gameplay looked kind of ass.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Just wondering if anyone bought this? I would like to try it but I hate the idea of an ongoing fee. I wish there was an offline mode as well.

The only reason I would buy this is if the create a character feature is really awesome. Don't care so much about DC.

geneterror

This game is actually really fun. I wasn't planning on grabbing it but I had an EB voucher and the first month is free so I though why not.

The character creation is versatile and fun. There seems like some obvious things missing from character creation at the start but then you find you pick up stuff during the game. I wanted to make an Iron Man/Rockteer type character but couldn't find a jet pack to use. 7 levels in a jet pack dropped in a fight now I have my cool Iron Man looking charcter ;D

The skills are quite varied as you get one tree for movement type, one for weapon type and one for your power and all three of them level up sepeately. Flight seems like the obvious choice for movement but a lot of people have moves that can ground you >:(

Bit of traditional MMO grinding but it's broken up with boss "instances" and really well done comic cut scenes. You can pretty much solo it up until later levels but you will need to team up with others for hard instances and raids etc. To break it up a bit though you choose a mentor at the start of the game and each mentor gives you different  missions to do even though the main story arc doesn't change it stops it from being to samey as you level different characters.

If it stays as fun as this in the endgame I'll definitely be renewing my sub for a few months. At this point I can easily see myself renewing for 3 months at the end of this month, the versatility of the character creation alone means a lot of potential builds to try out and get to level 30 (the current level cap).
KOW 2011

karizzma

I have also been playing this and I really like it. Character creation is quite fun and end game is not too bad. One thing is if you don't like constantly getting owned by high levels then don't go on a PvP server. Level 30's love to make low levels a living hell. Trust me I have two of them and when I get bored that is what I do.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on February 01, 2011, 09:49:26 AM
I have also been playing this and I really like it. Character creation is quite fun and end game is not too bad. One thing is if you don't like constantly getting owned by high levels then don't go on a PvP server. Level 30's love to make low levels a living hell. Trust me I have two of them and when I get bored that is what I do.

I love doing that to lowbies in MMOs.  It's also hillarious when you're a lowbie and someone is ganking you hardout and you're frantically trying to get away.  Like run to a safe town so that the guards save you and shit.  Stand beside the gaurd and /lol at them hahaha.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on February 01, 2011, 09:49:26 AM
I take it you're playing on Steam then?
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Hey guys as far as the subs go do they get used based on time played or from the time you paid?

ie if you got a one month subscription but didn't play the game for a month would your subscription still get used up?

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 01, 2011, 09:57:53 AM
Hey guys as far as the subs go do they get used based on time played or from the time you paid?

ie if you got a one month subscription but didn't play the game for a month would your subscription still get used up?

Yeah that's how it works.  So if you are gonna pay for a month, make sure you get a good go at it.

geneterror

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 01, 2011, 09:57:53 AM

They are for 30, 90 or 120 days at the moment. It starts from the time you pay for it and counts down even if you don't play at all.

The way I'm looking at it at the moment is I buy quite a few games anyway. Most of them I finish in under a week or two then they're done and they cost me $100 to $130, this is the case with most games that aren't fighting games for me. So looking at it that way paying $25 a month for a game isn't actually that bad. Especially a game that will continually have things added to it and has an evolving world.
Like I said though Simon you're welcome to come to my place any time to check it out and see if it's worth it.
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

First it's DC universe, then before you know it Graeme, you'll be a female Night Elf Mage raging at Bill with us over vent cause he let you die on the last boss again.

It's only a matter of time my friend.

geneterror

I tried WoW first (remember when I txt you to ask what server you guys played on) and it was to clunky and old. Superheroes are way cooler :P
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

The first thing you need to do when playing WoW is contact the Smoofologist and get him to level with you. Leveling with Willennium is one of the most hype experiences you'll ever have.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

karizzma

Ya Im on the PC. Game was definitely built for the console, controls, ui, everything I would think is the same from the PS3 to PC. Are you level 30 yet Graeme?

geneterror

Yeah it's really obvious that it was meant for a PS3 controller!
I'm only level 8, got it on Saturday and only had yesterday afternoon to play it. I started 4 chars though so I could try out some of the skills.
I've decided to level my flying, hand blaster and fire char NovaFlare to level 30 first! Sux that we can't play PS3<->PC, before it came out they said they were hoping to make it cross platform but I guess they ran into to many problems.
KOW 2011