• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

DC Universe

Started by stereomonkey, July 26, 2010, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on February 01, 2011, 10:09:54 AM
First it's DC universe, then before you know it Graeme, you'll be a female Night Elf Mage raging at Bill with us over vent cause he let you die on the last boss again.

It's only a matter of time my friend.

1) Get fucked cunt. Don't stand in the fire.

2) Graeme would never play alliance.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Will be playing this on PS3.  Just to give it a go and say I tried it.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Quote from: stereomonkey on February 01, 2011, 01:21:08 PM
Will be playing this on PS3.  Just to give it a go and say I tried it.

Wow I didn't even know you had a PS3! Let us know what you think.  :D

geneterror

New content/missions etc on the way already.
QuoteWhen Sony Online Entertainment announced that there'd be a $15 a month subscription charge for DC Universe Online -- the company's newest MMO -- the developers said that there'd be "roughly" monthly content updates to make that investment worth the money. Now, less than a month after its release, DC Universe Online is ready to announce February's round of goodies, and the package includes a new story mission, a new duo, and tons of extra stuff.

"What's happening in February is more like what's happening going forward -- we're going to just keep growing the thing," said Chris Cao, DCUO game director.

The only bad news is that we'll have to wait until "mid to late February" to get our hands on all this stuff, but once it's live -- with the exception of the seasonal goodies -- it's live for good.
Catwoman Content

SOE has been hyping a classic character playing a large role in this batch of content, and it turns out it's Catwoman. Selina Kyle is going to factor into a few new parts to DCUO.

* Level 30 Catwoman Episode: Here, your character will race to Gotham Museum and find Catwoman robbing the joint. Then, some ancient Egyptian artifacts turn people into lions and tigers that you have to fight. Look for five boss battles in this mission.
    * Legends PVP: Catwoman will now be playable in "Play as Iconic" PVP.
    * Multiplayer Race: Chase Catwoman with your friends.
    * New Loot: You'll now be able to collect the "ancient Mayan Armor" and "Cat Burglar" gear.

Valentine's Day Content

Believe it or not, February is for lovers -- and now, DCUO is, too. In a rather interesting move, the Goddess of Love is pissed and has put down fountains across Metropolis. Enter one of these, and you'll be transported to a 100-person instance where you'll play as a cherub and battle "to determine the true meaning of love."

* Collectable Hearts: Completing races, participating in PVP and other actions will earn you hearts that you can use to purchase chocolates and gifts to give to other players.
    * PVP Battles: Dunk the other team into the fountain.
    * Love Alert: This is a four-player boss fight against the Goddess of Love, Devotion and Scorn.
    * Loot: There's a new harlequin clown suit with hearts and a cherub disguise to earn.
    * Mock the Boss: When you replay boss fights, you'll be able to give them "be mine" cards for Feat points.

* New Duo: A two-player Bane duo will be available for players.
    * PVP Expansion: There will be a new Gotham PVP zone.
    * New Tier 2 Raid: There's a new eight-player raid zone for the Batcave. You'll fight alongside Batman against Brainiac and Brother Eye.
    * Buy and Sell: Auction houses will go live in the Watchtower and the Hall of Doom so that places can swap gear on a massive scale.
    * Additions: New collections, races and investigations will be added.
KOW 2011

karizzma

Cant wait for this patch. They have already fixed a lot of the real broken stuff with abilities and skills and this patch kinda shows they are in it for the long run.

geneterror

Yeah I know, if they keep up with the monthly content like they hope for I won't need to buy any more games once MvC3 drops as well.
KOW 2011

karizzma

Man wished they crossed platformed it. Create a league and shit.

CrazyMobius

So then it would be more cost effective to buy this game later rather than earlier so that more stuff will be released.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 02, 2011, 11:40:20 PM
So then it would be more cost effective to buy this game later rather than earlier so that more stuff will be released.

It really depends on how well it does tbh.  If the game dies out, then it'll suck cause there'll be no one to play with.

Generally, the way they release the content is so that no matter where you step into the game, there should be enough to tie you over until the next content patch.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CrazyMobius

Hey Graham. Can you create characters while offline?

geneterror

No it won't even let you start the game if your subscription isn't current, it asks you at the title screen to renew your subscription.

I don't know if waiting would make any difference, they are planning updates monthly and the games not small now ;D but some events are time limited so you only have a month to do them then they remove them again and some replace exisiting ones. A lot of the good stuff in the updates is endgame quest/raids and only applies to those that have already hit level 30. My guy is still only level 10.

Like I said come over and have a look, character creation is cool but maybe you won't like the actual gameplay.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

I liked the PS2 DC game. Thought it was a lot better than those X-men/Marvel equivalents. So I'm hoping it would play like that.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its an MMO. It plays like WOW, but with DC characters.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on February 03, 2011, 01:11:23 PM
It plays like WOW, but with DC characters.
Not really. It's not slow, clunky, point and click. It plays a lot more action based like inFamous/God Of War in a persistant MMO world, right down to the square, square, x styled combos etc.
Plus you can fucking fly without a mount and shoot beams from your hands.
KOW 2011

Chuckk

yeah, it plays NOTHING like WoW.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny