• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

My idea for another 3v3 tourney

Started by Lennysaurus, August 01, 2010, 03:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

thanks bill ;D
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Thats what Rory posted dave. The problem is that if one team wins the first 2 games, then the 3rd game doesnt matter. I like the idea of giving points for wins in a round robin scenario, but then maybe have the top 4 playoff in a standard single elim bracket?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

point system and round robin, everyone gets to play everyone, top 4 or 8 team with the hiest points forms a new bracket and play off from there? something like that.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Rorooze on August 02, 2010, 03:22:17 PM

Can you come up with a compelling argument to allow character changes?

More fun.

Skullator

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 03, 2010, 10:38:09 AM
More fun.

In your opinion. Single characters alot more appealing to me, as it means people actually have to attempt their bad matches.

stereomonkey

I thought you usually go into a tournament to win with your best character, not to lose so we all can have fun in being ashamed at our performance with secondary characters while letting down the rest of our team mates.

If it was a single person event, by all means mix it up as it would be only yourself dealing with the consequences.  But in a team battle, bring your best character on the day and support the rest of your team.   All for one and one for all. :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Pjai

my gut feeling is

team round robin will just end up with more stacked teams

zos'la

Quote from: Pjai on August 03, 2010, 11:04:46 AM
my gut feeling is

team round robin will just end up with more stacked teams

how is it stacked? if we are picking from a hat to randomize the team?

But if you're going to let me choose, then of course I'll team up with my closer friends which I feel comfortable to play with.

Pjai

soz, i was thinkin more of the line of a self form team but playing round robin style.

zos'la

let me correct myself,
The format I am thinking of is Random team, round robin and point system.
Top 8 team or Top 4 Team forms a new bracket and repeat the current system or whatever you guys think is more suitable for it.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Skullator on August 03, 2010, 10:41:41 AM
In your opinion. Single characters alot more appealing to me, as it means people actually have to attempt their bad matches.

Nah man! It's the opposite! The main reason I don't like the ability to change your character is that many people will counter pick you. If...they know who you are going to pick. And then you come face to face not just with your bad matchups with your worst matchups and you are right, I do hate that. So I guess fixed characters is the only way we should ever do it.

Or is it?

zos'la

fixed char or double blind.
simple.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Double Blind is better for singles IMO. But for teams, it should be fixed char. If youre worried about counter picking, then you need to have a teammate that counter counter picks. That coupled with team order add a minor strategic element to team based gameplay, which makes the competition all the more interesting.

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: [FSR] BIRRY WONG on August 03, 2010, 04:08:22 PM
you need to have a teammate that counter counter picks. That coupled with team order add a minor strategic element to team based gameplay

Which is more or less removed with random teams
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness