• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Wrestling!

Started by Lennysaurus, August 03, 2010, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

So I found out that we have a few big wrestling fans on the site recently and decided its about time we had good ol' wrasslin' thread up in here!!!

I haven't watched in a while, but was discussing wrestling with Orochi on IRC at length a couple of nights ago.  I'm really into the old school brawler style wrestlers with a teeny bit of technical flair thrown in.  I really like some of the Brittish wrestling from the 80's in particular.

And in other news, I have won tickets to WWE Smackdown at Vector Arena this year through my work!!  How rad is that?!?!?  Anyone else going?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

redtie

Man, wrestling was awesome back during Monday night wars. Now it is shit. Everyone looks the same and wrestles the same. But yeah I like wrestling.

stereomonkey

Its so sad seeing all the old timers in TNA impact that are way past their prime by 20 years.  Come on Hogan, let it go.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

budafist

we used to hire out the NWA vids presented by Sgt Slaughter.
it was a bit more hardcore than WWF (which was still badass)

I met the Bushwackers once.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

electric

Two words...

Razor. Ramon.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck i use to watch wrestling when it was The Rock and Stone Cold. Those were the days. Then i got too old and it started looking faker and faker.

I remember we use to play wrestling at school until this asian guy ddt's this dude at the pool and the dude cracked his head open on the step. Now that's how they shoulda done it.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

redtie

Hahaha wrestling at school was only second to bark wars. Man, bark wars was the shit. Had the meanest bark throwing technique

Bret Hart. True technician. Bret Hart vs Owen Hart at Wrestlemania X  :o
Fuck I remember Rey mysterio vs Eddy Gurrero at Halloween Havoc, El Fuerte needs that as his new Alt

B BOY DRAW2

Ted "Million Dollar Man" Dibiase was my favourite
They were soooo much more gangster back in the day...

He'd stuff his opponents mouth with money after putting them to sleep with his Million Dollar Dream (Sleeper Hold)

Now that's baller!!!

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

Nick4now

The Million Dollar Man has got to be the best Heel ever! (tied with Mr. Perfect) He had everything to point out that he's the bad guy. From the theme song to his negro "bodyguard" Virgil  ;D Too bad he never won the WWF Championship  >:(

I miss the old days of over the top gimmicks... Never watched WCW in the early-mid 90s but you guys have gotta check this out if you haven't seen it already  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: Nick4now on August 04, 2010, 01:40:40 AM
The Million Dollar Man has got to be the best Heel ever! (tied with Mr. Perfect) He had everything to point out that he's the bad guy. From the theme song to his negro "bodyguard" Virgil  ;D Too bad he never won the WWF Championship  >:(

Yeh...But he was so baller...he had his own championship belt...

But I do remember when he tried to buy the title from Hogan...but eneded up paying Andre the giant (R.I.P.) to beat Hogan...which turned out to be a rigged win(Ref cheated or something...) and then Andre gave the belt to Million Dollar Man.
WWF didn't recognize it though because you can't pass the title.

Fark...all the old school wrestlers had way better win celebrations after the K.O....

Brutus The Barber Beefcake - Cut of the hair of his opponent with his hedge clippers.

Jake The Snake - Put his snake on the loser.

Big Boss Man - Hand cuff his opponent to the ropes.

Man...I'm gonna try and find my old WWF videos!!!

Nick4now

Hahaha I've still got this in mint condition  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

B BOY DRAW2

Hahaha...I found my Summer Slam 88 copy!!!

I remember going to see No Holds Barred at the movies...
...I don't really remember much more then going to see it and waking up with ice cream all down my tracksuit jacket  :-\

and even when it came out on video...I think I still fell asleep...I don't remember anything about that movie other than what was in the advertisements for it...oh...and Zeus.

fluxcore

The period that I was really into wrestling was the mid-late 90s, especially WCW when they had some actual talent on their roster. I've also watched a bit of ECW and the mid-00s TNA when it actually WAS total nonstop action.

I don't really think anything caters to my interests these days - which is just awesome fucking moves and well put together matches. I think that's why Raven is one of my favourites, always put on a good show.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Quote from: redtie on August 03, 2010, 11:48:13 PM
Hahaha wrestling at school was only second to bark wars. Man, bark wars was the shit. Had the meanest bark throwing technique

Bret Hart. True technician. Bret Hart vs Owen Hart at Wrestlemania X  :o
Fuck I remember Rey mysterio vs Eddy Gurrero at Halloween Havoc, El Fuerte needs that as his new Alt

Brrrroooooooo Bark wars was the meanest! I used to Jim Raynor everyone. NZism bark wars side tourney at nats imo.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro in the wild west we used to play with huge fucking lemons. Heaps of black eyes and shit leading to scraps.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!