• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Hey

Started by Coddfish, January 12, 2007, 07:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

ryu/capt.A/cable

this is a classic, all my favourite characters kinda team haha, well thats what it looks like to me,
and im not trying to mock or anything cos i've got one too (strider/doom/anyone).

The thing with making a good team is finding out what options your team has right now and what options your team needs to get better. As you have found out, you need more damage.

And as bill pointed out, Tron is the killer damage assist.

Now comes the hard part of who to remove for Tron.

here are some ways to go:

ryu/capt.A/Tron
This is a team i think i've tried at least once. You have low tier goodness with Ryu and Captain America and the super assist damage of Tron. Also your Dhc's are kind of safe-ish...out of the 3 i'd take this one.

ryu/cable/tron
This team i would take against god tiers on account of Cable. Build meter with ryu then get cable in there. Although you could probably just kill their team with ryu/Tron, it's just the come back factor of cable.

capt.A/cable/tron
This team is pretty similar to the above team, however i see ryu as a stronger point character and just a better character overall, but i'm highly biased though, on account of my major ryu fanboyism.

If your getting rushed down too much swap Tron for Cyclops, if you want some mix up and damage swap for Ironman anti-air assist.

Want ground coverage and chip go with Sent or Doom.

If you wanna keep it low tier, sonson anti air or ken are pretty buff.
For ground covering, gambit projectile or Venom fang assists are pretty cool.

See now i could've just said play and try different characters, but that wouldn't be very helpful now would it

Now go out and play yeah...
The New Generation Clockw0rk

fluxcore

Come on, Ryu is a piece of shit in MvC2. Even if you do like him so much as a character, he's still not worth playing - having him on your team is just a waste of a character slot.

Also be aware that Tron assist doesn't help much for anti-air - I don't know if Capt.America's anti air is good enough to make up for it (Ryu's isn't, Ken's is).

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

tk shinkuu hadouken is sexy though.

as is the new site layout.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

:o

haha, ryus not the best, but i wouldn't go as far as to say hes a piece of shit.

He's an alright mid-tier character.

I'm not saying he's the greatest, I'm just trying to give him a piece of advice on what options he has with the characters he wants to use.

I could be boring and say just start with team scrub, then when you get bored of that switch to santhrax done, you don't need to learn anymore teams.

Depending on who hes facing Capt.America's anti-air is plenty good.

I'd say once you get confident with this team try something different.

Ryu/capt.America/tron

then swap to maybe

capt.America/storm/tron

then swap to

magneto/storm/tron

lol

just an idea, cos if you start to play marvel like how you play eddy, i think msp would be the team for you.....just a thought

gunsmoke

Na Spiderman/Colosus/Ironman could be be fun low tier team  ::) ::) ::). Any1 Interested to learn him?? I teach ya.... ;) ;) ;D ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Eddy_COMBO

@DOP3FI3ND: Yo bro thanks for the tips man and yes ive seen Tron's assist it looks very effective but meh i gotta get to grips with ryu/c.america and Cable before I branch eh sweet as.
MSP = Eddy ehh that teams too hardcore for a scrub but i see what you mean cause mags an Storm are mix-up characters as ive heard.
Also hard bro Ryu is a very sexy beast  ;) ;D

@Fluxcore: Well I'll respect your comments bro as your only tryin to help out a scrub but come on man Ryu is a piece of shite in MVC2 is too much for me too handle  :'( *sniff sniff* lol....
Also man NICE WORK on the new site layout its some nice sh_t man my fav colour as well Green  ;D

@Gunsmoke: hehe Ironman/W.Machine would be awesome man Ive been tryin too learn him ehh mainly for his anti-air assist.

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

!DIABLO GTR!

Watching Zarz play MVC2 is scarey...

And the forums feel XBOX flavoured now...  :)
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on August 05, 2007, 11:41:00 PM
Watching Zarz play MVC2 is scarey...

And the forums feel XBOX flavoured now...  :)

Woah Zarz plays coolio didnt know

hmm yes it does feel XBOX flavoured come too think of it,..... ok thats it!, I hate it!  :D j/k lol

I hate XBOX stealin all the Playstation exclusives *bashes the keyboard*

fluxcore

Actually, when Zarzob came down to Hamilton for the Tekken DR tourney he did mention to me that he could play MvC2 (although I didn't get the impression that he thought he was much good? I don't know...) anyway, when the tourney was over they all went off straight to some friend's place so I didn't get to play him. :(

Thanks for the comments re the site theme, I NEVER thought about it as XBOX like! Urk! o_O

As for Ryu, yeah maybe that was a bit harsh. He's better than say, Amingo and Chun Li, but I think playing him with two low-tier partners is asking for trouble. He really doesn't have that much going for him in this game though right? TK AHVB is pretty good, granted... I guess he has the flip kick overhead which might be useful w/Sent ground assist, and I think he has the "Air hurricane kick does tons of damage" 'glitch'... but uhh... anything else?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

He's better than say, Amingo and Chun Li

amingo maybe. if you see the chun li videos on youtube then id say shes probably a bit better than ryu, or at least on par.

and no, ryu DOESNT have the 'air hurricane kick does lots of damage' glitch. i think its just ken. maybe akuma i cant remember.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

@Gunsmoke: hehe Ironman/W.Machine would be awesome man Ive been tryin too learn him ehh mainly for his anti-air assist.

[/quote]

Probably u already seen me using Julius Jackson Team ( WAR/IRON/DOOM ) in Yifan . Only three person use this team  Lee , Solomon and i... ::) ::) ::)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

I used to play around with that team, however I suck balls with Ironman so it never worked out. Ironman is always the character I wish I could play well, because he's not top tier, but wrecks shop when he's on a roll. Just never really got the hang of him unfortunately.

Plus the few videos of Julius Jackson that are around are really entertaining.

--flux

Eddy_COMBO

@Fluxcore: hard ehh Ironman is one hell of a Wildcard with that cool infinate. Zarz if he did play he'll jus do random manual shit like how he plays in tekken lol. He'll jus play for fun and not abuse broken shit which is sumfin hard to find for sum opponents imo.

But dont get me wrong I have nothing wrong with people beating me down with broken shit/Turtling jus it gets a bit lame for me at times.

@Gunsmoke: hmm true, cool man ill jus watch out for that.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Yeh definately better then amingo....

and i might even go as far as to say maybe chuns better then ryu....just on account of her having not only an air dash but also a triple jumb lol... and she can jump of the wall i think.

But seeing as how i dont play her i dont really care for her much.

Actually...i beg to differ about ryu not having the glitch. He does but because his hurricane kick doesnt combo outside of his super hurricane kick, it doesnt show up. The only way to get it to connect is if you do his air combo kinda slow so as to use the hurricane kick on the way down so that all 3 hits connect. It's easiest off of his mp and in the corner.

And Akuma has it also. Which is why his Air combo into super is kinda BS

launch>lp>lk>hurricane Kick>Super......oh well, ryu is still better in this fanboys eyes ::)

Yeh Ironman is the dopeness....

fluxcore

I guess IM is a bit of a wildcard, but for the best Ironmans, one hit is enough to inf off (watch some Iron Illan matches if you can find some)... and that's pretty beefy. Actually I think his inf is boring as hell (and I hate boring things in fighting games... *OSWALD LDM*) but the setups are so sweet...

Also, I think Sakura's air hurricane kick has pretty mad damage as well... don't know if you'd put it on the same level as Ken's 'glitch', but it's nice.

--flux