• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Hey

Started by Coddfish, January 12, 2007, 07:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Quote from: Zenki on March 13, 2007, 02:06:08 AM
I'm sick of gay games with tedious loop combos that don't do much damage near the end

Sounds like SamSho is right up your alley! :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Coddfish

I finally tried out SS6 on Saturday when I went into town. Oh my god, its amazing.

Waiting for the PAL release wouldn't do, so I... "acquired" the NTSC-J version, so I can at least play/practice a bit in the meantime. I was really surprised with the PS2 port, actually. I've never found SNK's ports to be anything incredible, aesthetically. Just a simple menu; Arcade/Vs/Practice/Whatever. It never bothered me, though, its not as though I got the games for pretty menus.

But compared to the rest, the effort they've put into SS6's port is excellent. Hell, even the loading screens aren't too tedious, with the pretty cherry blossoms~

As far as the PAL release goes, so far no word on a NZ release, so it looks like I'll have to import from UK. For some reason, Amazon UK, where I plan to get it from, doesn't ship games outside of Europe (whhhy?), but my sister has a friend in Scotland, so I should be able to get it via her.

EDIT: And in true SNK style, the boss is beyond godly. He makes CVS2's Shin Akuma look like a pansy. If I could beat 8-star S.Akuma, you'd think I could beat 1-star Gaoh on this. Come to think of it, I've never been able to beat SS5's Gaoh either... or the boss from NGBC... Hrm.

And then in complete contrast, I thought KoF '03's boss was just another character. Credits start rolling, "Huh? Was that the boss?"

!DIABLO GTR!

Man...

I played against one of the gheyest SS6 players that regularly spams the machine with his noobness...

First he was using Mina. Made short work of her with Sogetsu. Then he started spamming Galford, jumping around a throwing me. Beat him the first time, not so lucky the second after he discovered my Sogetsu's weakness which was no decent anti air for opponents directly above. So I used Yumeji and got the better off him. He left... and then came back again for more after realising he couldn't let me get away with gheyness I just bestowed upon him. But I managed to kick his arse again.  :) Yumeji's jump double kick is so bloody safe when timed right.

If you want to beat Boss Gaoh easily, use Mina  :)
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

Zenki

See, SS6 is f_ckng gay, true story.

When ppl start to go for wins in an arcade situation, the majority of the game becomes resorting to throws, and that's even after the thrower does a jump attack. I mean ffs what happens a lot of the time when ppl start playing SS6 more often, they end up becoming throw mashers after every f_cking chance they find!

Then to escape that throw you start jumping, but the other guy can just jump too and do a strong slash early in the air to own the person going for an escape in the air. Throw mash on the ground or just jump strong slash to prevent jump escape - What kinda gay sh_t easy mixup is that?

There's too much gay cunts that know this throw mashing business in Yifans so even tho I'm confident to beat those throw mashers, it gets on my nerves because even after failure of throws the thing that takes over 80% of their mind is STILL throw mashing.

FFS they need to take that game out of Yifans, right now.  Play GGXX or Tekken.

Ryan

Quote from: Coddfish on March 03, 2007, 07:01:16 PM
I went to Yifan's today, and I had my first real taste of the pure adrenaline and intensity of competitive fighting.

I fought a Chipp/Sol player who was almost a perfect match for me skillwise. Every round ended with a very narrow victory for the winner.
I tried to summon him round to the P1 side after the match, to thank him for giving such an amazing fight, and perhaps tell him about this site, but he left soon after and I didn't want to waste my coin by finding him instead of carrying on playing :P

I also got royally fucked by a very good Yun on 3S. I was also completely off, never seen scrubbier play than what I was putting out in that fight.

Who was that?
I use chipp, but not Sol..  Maybe it was me? (doubt it though, I usually get beaten pretty easily  :( )
Did you use Testament?
fighting game noob

Eddy_COMBO

GGs Yesterday Kingpic on MvsC2.

bro Mech-Zangief is cool bro lol. Man Im gonna start playing XmenVsSF again after seeing your tricks.
Zenki: Your right Akuma/Ryus infinates do look easy I might be able to do it myself lol.

Played VF4 but of course no-one there *sigh*.....
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

Quote from: Coddfish on March 13, 2007, 03:08:35 PM
As far as the PAL release goes, so far no word on a NZ release, so it looks like I'll have to import from UK. For some reason, Amazon UK, where I plan to get it from, doesn't ship games outside of Europe (whhhy?), but my sister has a friend in Scotland, so I should be able to get it via her.

I've heard some rumours of a "samsho collection", but I can't remember what platform or where it is supposed to be released. As I understand it, it will have SS1-6 (but I don't think 5sp?)

QuoteAnd in true SNK style, the boss is beyond godly. He makes CVS2's Shin Akuma look like a pansy. If I could beat 8-star S.Akuma, you'd think I could beat 1-star Gaoh on this. Come to think of it, I've never been able to beat SS5's Gaoh either... or the boss from NGBC... Hrm.

I've never actually made it to him... I don't play much because I hate using the ps2. I've heard he's pretty beastly though. However, I didn't find SS5 Gaoh too difficult... at least with Yoshitora or Suija. I *HATE* Omega Rugal from 2k2 though! Fucking ridiculous SNK!

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Quote from: Zenki on March 13, 2007, 09:56:16 PM
When ppl start to go for wins in an arcade situation, the majority of the game becomes resorting to throws, and that's even after the thrower does a jump attack. I mean ffs what happens a lot of the time when ppl start playing SS6 more often, they end up becoming throw mashers after every f_cking chance they find!

Then to escape that throw you start jumping, but the other guy can just jump too and do a strong slash early in the air to own the person going for an escape in the air. Throw mash on the ground or just jump strong slash to prevent jump escape - What kinda gay sh_t easy mixup is that?

Seriously Zenki, I've not heard so much throw bashing since the days of World Warrior :D I don't really see what the big deal is, throws are pretty pathetic in SamSho6. The only good thing about them is they allow wakeup mixups afterwards (or a free super if you're Iroha). If people want to waste damage just to get a throw in, then that sounds pretty scrubbish to me (in which case you can't really fault the game, just the players!).

In all the matchvids I've seen, I've never thought "Fucking throwing! That's all these guys do! Oh, and jumping!". This suggests that at higher levels of play it simply isn't an issue... so again, as you say, you're just playing gay cunts. AB starter that shit in Ten.

--flux

Coddfish

Quote from: Ryan on March 13, 2007, 10:00:43 PM
Who was that?
I use chipp, but not Sol..  Maybe it was me? (doubt it though, I usually get beaten pretty easily  :( )
Did you use Testament?

Nah, I was using Millia. The only character I can play :S
I want to learn Baiken/Faust/Venom, but it seems hard to find #R info these days. May as well wait for AC.

Zenki

Quote from: fluxcore on March 14, 2007, 08:26:06 AM
Seriously Zenki, I've not heard so much throw bashing since the days of World Warrior :D I don't really see what the big deal is, throws are pretty pathetic in SamSho6. The only good thing about them is they allow wakeup mixups afterwards (or a free super if you're Iroha). If people want to waste damage just to get a throw in, then that sounds pretty scrubbish to me (in which case you can't really fault the game, just the players!).

In all the matchvids I've seen, I've never thought "Fucking throwing! That's all these guys do! Oh, and jumping!". This suggests that at higher levels of play it simply isn't an issue... so again, as you say, you're just playing gay cunts. AB starter that shit in Ten.

--flux
Well, actually playing them is a different story...
You should come and play these dumb cunts in Yifans and you're assured to feel rage and sympathy towards these mofos.

These guys are the ones that kill fun for ppl trying to improve (and eliminate them from the scene).
And it's the main reason I don't play SS6 anymore since the "leftovers" are mostly these fools who stop challenging after a loss or two.
Then the next day they come back to throw mash beginners off again, and again, and again.

It's quite hard to say the game is "well made" when it's not easy for beginners to do something about this throw mash buisiness. These throw mashers are no problem for me, but it's when I see these throw mashers throwing the heck out of a non-scrub like Diablo, and basically throw killing away scrubs, I just can't help myself thinking "great game SNK Playmore, great game".

If throws don't knock down ppl (and consequently allow oki after it)
- if it was something like SS4 (but ofcourse not have infinites after it like SS4) then SS6 would've been MUCH more of a legit game.

Even aside this high prioritised throw properties, there still is heck of a lot gay material from the top tiers like Amakusa, Kazuki and Mina.
Seriously, this game is a waste of time in the arcade (having fun on console is another story).

The life span of SS6 machines in Japan was pretty, short.

Ryan

This will give u an idea as to how incredible my Chipp is  8)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CIoKA7zzFos
fighting game noob

Coddfish

I'm probably the only one, but I don't like fighting Chipp. Speedy little son-of-a...
Somehow though, whenever I eat a nasty-looking Chipp combo, I look at my life and feel as though I got off easy.

kingpiccolo

Oh i remember the times in yifans a few years ago when i use to rape people off CVS2 which is the reason i think no one plays it anymore hehehehehe god im such a bully.......

Coddfish

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on March 13, 2007, 09:41:15 PM
If you want to beat Boss Gaoh easily, use Mina  :)

No kidding....

Jump, mid-slash. Jump, mid-slash. Jump, mid-slash. Oh crap! He got close! 214+Slash, jump, Mid-slash.

I would have double perfected him, except he got one light in on me at some point.

samurai black

simon needs to stop the uber rape at marvel. when i have hayato in my marvel team, that is not a sign for you to go and pick santhrax. he also raped the guy that only puts in singles and plays mostly low tier so fast that he only spent $2 today, as opposed to the $10 he normally goes through.