• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Empire Arcadia Stick

Started by Lennysaurus, August 12, 2010, 01:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Interesting.  Empire Arcadia are endorsing a QANBA fighting stick.  Apparently MarkMan is gonna do  a write up about it on his site.  Be interesting to hear what it is like.  Playasia are already selling the PS3 version atm:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1i-49-en-70-3ws2.html

Features:
-Sanwa Buttons and stick
-Cable compartment
-Turbo fire
-Features a screw in plexi on top so that you can replace the artwork

When the 360 version dropd I'd be interested in picking one up just for the hell of it

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

It looks pretty good. Though to me it seems weird to have the cable coming out the side like that. Assuming its mod friendly, and doesnt suffer static issues like the TE, it would probably be worth a look. Ill keep my eye out for markmans review.

Though if fucking triforce has anything to do with it, hes probably bribed markman pretty well.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Interesting indeed... Well, that is, if it didn't look like a typewriter.

While the idea of a handle is aaaawesome... That one... Yeah. Not so much :/

Good ideas, but ugly as shit, IMO.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

umm... its just another TE... with buttons elsewhere and a handle... serious?
ugly lol.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

You guys really think it sucks that much?

I like the idea that it is wood based so that it is easy to paint.  Also the parts are all sanwa based.  I like the handle idea, and from early reports the case is apparently quite large, and has more space inside than a TE stick for modding etc.

Also its the first stick where they have actually made it easy to modify the artwork.

I think the price is pretty good too.  Its a pity that shipping from play-asia to New Zealand is fucking retarded, otherwise I think it would have been well priced here.

zos'la

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on August 12, 2010, 03:01:24 PM
You guys really think it sucks that much?

I like the idea that it is wood based so that it is easy to paint.  Also the parts are all sanwa based.  I like the handle idea, and from early reports the case is apparently quite large, and has more space inside than a TE stick for modding etc.

Also its the first stick where they have actually made it easy to modify the artwork.

I think the price is pretty good too.  Its a pity that shipping from play-asia to New Zealand is fucking retarded, otherwise I think it would have been well priced here.

thats why you get a stick from me :D hahahhahaha

U want a handle? I give u a handle!!
U want space inside? I give you space inside!!!
U want easy art swapping? done!!!
U want wood? Its wood!!!
Dual mod as well!! :)

Anyways!!!  The stick ends up to be about $200 NZD + shipping is another $50-70??? guessing... since its wood.
And its only single mod... but I guess its something official that you guys really want^^
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

samurai black

Quote from: zosla on August 12, 2010, 03:15:48 PM
thats why you get a stick from me :D hahahhahaha

U want a handle? I give u a handle!!
U want space inside? I give you space inside!!!
U want easy art swapping? done!!!
U want wood? Its wood!!!
U want fucked up shape? I give u fucked up shape :D
Dual mod as well!! :)

originaljulz

Easily openable plexi for replaceable artwork. That's pimpin.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Lennysaurus

Lol Andy so what you're saying is that there is nothing innately wrong with the qanba stick other than the fact that you would rather everyone bought a stick from you rather than that stick?

I can make my own stick, and I guess some others here can too, I'm actually curious as to what people "genuinely" think of the stick. 

Also I worked out that the stick is roughly $185-00 plus postage which will be $88-00 bucks.  I reckon that if it didn't have the huge fucking shipping cost it'd be a great deal as I mentioned earlier in the thread.  Particularly for people getting into the scene.

geneterror

I think it's fucking ugly! Do not want. I don't think even my awesome artwork steez could fix that brick.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Use your awesome artwork steez to make me something pink hahaha
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

For what? A TE?

Kirby stick!
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

Bro if I make you the baddest pink Hello Kitty stick artwork ever you HAVE to use it!
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Only if it's ky00oO0o0o00oo0t.

MUMMYHALA