• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox 360) 26/10

Started by fluxcore, August 04, 2007, 07:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

The best game you've never played, Virtua Fighter 5, is making its way onto Xbox360 on the 26th October (estimated). Great to see this on a console that doesn't cost $1000+ dollars!

GPStore link: http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/1544576.html

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Orochi

I've already got $50 towards it! Can't wait for this, it's even a better version than the PS3 one! yeeeey!

*goes back to playing Melty Blood Act Cadenza*

Eddy_COMBO

Is that so XBOX ver better

*bashes keyboard*

Any info of an online mode(although i doubt it)

Sadly ive heard of no news of an Arcade Machine for VF5 which sucks
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

Orochi

fluxcore

No idea how they intend to pull off decent online play with VF5, from what I understand a lot of the play is very frame dependent. I guess in some places around the world the internet is sufficiently capable for low-lag play these days (just ask the americans playing GGPO) - but of course, us in NZ have terrible internet and it doesn't really look like getting much better any time soon... (come on unbundling!)

I'm not aware of any VF5 machines in NZ either, I would assume Yifan's would be the best bet (I think they had most of the previous releases?) but they don't. Pretty sad really, although I'm sure the machines would be very expensive (but then so are Tekken machines... grahhhh!)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Orochi

I for one, don't care about the online play. I also don't see how it would work with a game like VF5.

Plus I'm on woosh, so that stops me from playing anything online except Ragnarok...

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: Orochi on August 09, 2007, 03:12:31 PM
Plus I'm on woosh, so that stops me from playing anything online except Ragnarok...

Sad man that sucks. Then again I think im in the same position as well stink lol....

Well of course it wont be practical for VF (heck any fighting game, meh slash that any game!  ;D) But id still like too play it. Just like Tekken 3 Online theres some lag but its still hella fun....

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

So Gino says that VF5 for 360 is now in stock...

--flux

Gino

By in stock I mean the each dse store will likely get 1.

Orochi

I was there yesterday morning at 0900 to pick up my copy... I'm -STILL- playing it.

fluxcore

We looked at a move list - at least I think it was a movelist, the thing was so long that it might have been a novel. Kind of puts off people learning the game a bit...

--flux

Orochi