• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

SSF4 Fortnightly Ranking Battles - 26th Nov 2010

Started by Rorooze, September 01, 2010, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I actually find I learn something new and then play like shit for a while as I try to use it.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on September 24, 2010, 08:04:49 AM
I actually find I learn something new and then play like shit for a while as I try to use it.

Also part of the process. XD
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

Thanks Bill!

Quote from: fluxcore on September 24, 2010, 08:04:49 AM

Yeah, trying to put things into practice is disheartening at first as you fuck it up everytime you
think "well this doesn't fucking work!".

I think right now i'm trying to figure out SSF4 but i don't know what's working or not
because of this aspect so i'm a headless chicken running in circles.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

geneterror

Hey Hook where do you actually live?
My PS3 setup isn't perfect as the LCDs I use have some lag and I can't be fucked switching between my CRT and LCD all the time but if you're around Central Aucks a lot which you seem to be I live 15mins walk from Giga at the start of New North Rd, always happy to have a session or two at my place to help you out with SSF4, can even play some HDR if you keen? We even have a carpark in our building that we don't use coz we have no car.
KOW 2011

CaptainHook

Bro, that would be epic. I live in apartments across the road from Vector Arena. Scribble has said he lives in town too and has offered the same.
My number is 027 305 1791. I'm quite busy with work a lot but i'm sure we can suss times out. :)

CrazyMobius

To be honest it seems like 80% of the Auckland Fighting community is made up of scrubs that turned into beasts overnight.

Rorooze

Once uni is over us townies should have weekly/fortnightly games imo.

CaptainHook

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Rorooze on September 24, 2010, 02:15:35 PM
Once uni is over us townies should have weekly/fortnightly games imo.

Any chance of varying the time that they start so different people are able to attend? In some ways ranking battles don't reflect a person's skill so much as a person's availability.

Why not just have battles with no points attached? You could still structure it in a tournament style though.

CaptainHook

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 24, 2010, 05:26:44 PM
Why not just have battles with no points attached? You could still structure it in a tournament style though.

Prob not as much interest in that for me personally until i've got my head around the game more.
Otherwise i feel like i'm thrown to the lions with the side of a cardboard box for a shield and a stick for a sword.
And to make it worse, no clue as to how to make use of a real sword and shield anyway.

I agree about varying times tho. Although i don't have a set schedule myself, i can understand it. :)

scribble

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CaptainHook on September 24, 2010, 05:42:58 PM
Prob not as much interest in that for me personally until i've got my head around the game more.
Otherwise i feel like i'm thrown to the lions with the side of a cardboard box for a shield and a stick for a sword.
And to make it worse, no clue as to how to make use of a real sword and shield anyway.

I agree about varying times tho. Although i don't have a set schedule myself, i can understand it. :)

Get your shield and sword ready then dude cos the ranbats are already formatted in tournament style. It's usually double elimination. But you can still learn a lot because at any one time there are a lot of people watching and talking about the action.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 24, 2010, 07:32:31 PM
Get your shield and sword ready then dude cos the ranbats are already formatted in tournament style. It's usually double elimination. But you can still learn a lot because at any one time there are a lot of people watching and talking about the action.

The guys running the ranbats now have set it up so that each event is $10-00, but there is an extra casual setup that runs the whole time.  When you are knocked out of the tournament, you are able to jump on the casual setup.

Worked pretty well last time.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yes , except for people still in the tourny trying to jump on the casual setup for more practice before their next fight ......
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CaptainHook

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 24, 2010, 07:32:31 PM

Yeah, i went to the last one. Which is why i'm saying i'm not really ready for that yet. All i learnt was not to jump in the piranha tank just yet.
Casuals on HDR after was most excellent though. And it was funny Ben saying he hated it while beasting everyone most of the time. :D