• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

SSF4 Fortnightly Ranking Battles - 26th Nov 2010

Started by Rorooze, September 01, 2010, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

I'm real keen to learn BBCS if someone wants to teach me lol.

fluxcore

Quote from: massi4h on October 13, 2010, 04:17:49 PM

I suggest you watch some vids and work out a char you're interested in - it's pretty damn hard to teach BB as a whole
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Rorooze

Quote from: massi4h on October 13, 2010, 04:17:49 PM

we can scrub out together in some casuals if you want! when it drops on xbox we'll definitely have to play it :O

massi4h

Yeah thing is the character that looks the most interesting to me is Platina atm. I definitely wanna main her, which means I gotta wait a while. Any character who plays either like Chipp (though I can't remember nothing from GG) or just a general good rushdown character for me to start with?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Rushdown? Thats pretty much every character in BB.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

ugh. and street fighter is all about fireballs and nothing else.

and tekken is only juggles.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

You can play any character in BB aggressively and still be effective. If you want to rush down, pick someone cool, and rush down with them. BB is pretty welcoming if you want to play like that. OBVIOUSLY the game is not JUST about rushdown. >_> And OBVIOUSLY some characters will be better at it than others. Since EVIL OVERLORD SARCASMO is digging at my vagueness, ill make a suggestion.

Ragna has good pressure, and hes also really simple to use. His HP is a touch low, but its not akuma levels of low. Taokaka is really mobile, and also falls easily into a rushdown style if thats how you want to play.

As i say though, you can play aggresively with the whole cast, seriously, just pick a character you think is cool. Since they all approach their offense in different ways, if you havent experienced the game before, just jump in with whoever. Obviously there are chars with a higher learning curve than others.

In terms of an easy learning curve, Ragna, Jin, Taokaka are probably the most simple. They were in CT anyway, and i dont THINK any of them have changed that much in terms of how they play in CS
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

originaljulz

Quote from: geneterror on October 13, 2010, 03:19:31 PM
Everyone is welcome. The more people we get the better.

Also I talked to Rory earlier, and he is gonna give me a ride so I'll be bringing Blazblue:CS and 2 TE sticks for those that have expressed interest in this game on here. Personally I'd like to start a Blazblue Ranbats season if the interest is there, I want to level up.
Sorry I'm not bringing my PS3 so no DLC chars unless I can log into my U.S PSN and download them at Giga?

SOOOO KEEEEEEEEEEEEN

As for who to pick; if you want rush down and relatively easy to learn/use Ragna is your best bet. His pressure rapes anyone else's pressure, be they from BB or GG.

Mason, ask Caleb to teach you how to use Ragna. Caleb doesn't use him, but he knows how he works, and like basic B&Bs and such.

Don't go Hakumen, Carl, Tager and prob Lambda if you like rushing though.

Oh, and how late do Ranbats usually go on till?

One of the main reasons I've never been before is the buses to Te Atatu are shithaus, but since the Ritchies ones got changed up I could stay till like, 10. Unless someone out west is driving and could give me a ride.

Alternatively, I would just find somewhere to sleep in town lol cos I gotta be in town Saturday anyway.

OH SHIT that reminds me. There's an Animal Kaiser tournament at Timezone on Saturday, to decide who gets a ticket to the Armageddon main stage Animal Kaiser tournament. So all you peeps (and by that I pretty much mean Lenny) who play and have cards should come down and try your luck. First prize is a ticket to the Arma tourney, free entrance to Arma and $100 credit on their card.

Also it's v4 down there now. New cards broooooo.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

ErlKing2

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on October 13, 2010, 10:35:47 PM
You can play any character in BB aggressively and still be effective. If you want to rush down, pick someone cool, and rush down with them. BB is pretty welcoming if you want to play like that. OBVIOUSLY the game is not JUST about rushdown. >_> And OBVIOUSLY some characters will be better at it than others. Since EVIL OVERLORD SARCASMO is digging at my vagueness, ill make a suggestion.

Ragna has good pressure, and hes also really simple to use. His HP is a touch low, but its not akuma levels of low. Taokaka is really mobile, and also falls easily into a rushdown style if thats how you want to play.

As i say though, you can play aggresively with the whole cast, seriously, just pick a character you think is cool. Since they all approach their offense in different ways, if you havent experienced the game before, just jump in with whoever. Obviously there are chars with a higher learning curve than others.

In terms of an easy learning curve, Ragna, Jin, Taokaka are probably the most simple. They were in CT anyway, and i dont THINK any of them have changed that much in terms of how they play in CS

is taokaka that easy? I cant even perform its easiest combo's......
I think Ragna, Jin, and Tsubaki(in CS) is the most simplest character
or maybe Tager? lol

Rorooze

we'll be starting the ranbats at 7 pm but most people turn up around 6:30pm. tournament usually finishes around 9pm and we play casuals for about an hour after that. If you don't wanna play SSF4 then just rock up anyway and we'll figure out another setup and you can put your money in for that instead!

fluxcore

Yeah, just play around with HERP DERP ragna.

As for animal kaiser tourney... how does that even work? Isn't it basically just a random number generator?

also... is mason a weeaboo?

zos'la

"Since EVIL OVERLORD SARCASMO is digging at my vagueness"

LOL fuckign AYE!!! LOL xD xD
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

massi4h

Quote from: fluxcore on October 14, 2010, 08:08:09 AM
Yeah, just play around with HERP DERP ragna.

As for animal kaiser tourney... how does that even work? Isn't it basically just a random number generator?

also... is mason a weeaboo?

Pretty much. Cardcaptor Sakura is just too awesome. Ragna sounds like fun.