• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 Fortnightly Ranking Battles - 26th Nov 2010

Started by Rorooze, September 01, 2010, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

Haha, thats the way. Pretty much everything I learn is off Youtube, and sometimes Dustloop if I can be bothered going through huge threads for one thing.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Skullator

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on October 28, 2010, 10:44:53 AM
Fuck i got badd foam party to go to. Gonna rock me some foam undies. White on the outside dark chocolate on the inside.

Hahahaha go hard bro, we'll miss you but foam parties > ranbats.

With a free squeeze here and a light smack there~
Here a pat, there a slap~
Wanna come get a tap tapped?

Lennysaurus

omg dude... that poem was awful hahaha.

Just a couple of things guys.  We are gonna try something a little different with the casual setups.  The first one is gonna run as per normal, but the second casual setup will be for people to challenge each other on, with a best of 3 setup.  Heres how it'll go:
If you want to challenge someone, you agree with them and then you both Q up for the challenge setup.  You guys jump on and play a best of 3 set.  And regardless of who wins, you then both jump off.

The reason we are giving this a go, is that some people that are still learning aren't really getting a chance to try stuff when they are immediately beaten off byt the intermediate players, or players that want to learn a particular matchup cant play the other person as they have to wait for the stars to align and put them both on the same console at the same time.

Obviously this will be hard to manage, so please be considerate of others and make sure everyone gets a turn.

Also, no alcohol up at Giga anymore!  Tony has specifically asked us to stop doing that.

GET HYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

originaljulz

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Phoenix Lenny on October 28, 2010, 07:48:09 PM
omg dude... that poem was awful hahaha.

Just a couple of things guys.  We are gonna try something a little different with the casual setups.  The first one is gonna run as per normal, but the second casual setup will be for people to challenge each other on, with a best of 3 setup.  Heres how it'll go:
If you want to challenge someone, you agree with them and then you both Q up for the challenge setup.  You guys jump on and play a best of 3 set.  And regardless of who wins, you then both jump off.

GET HYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!

Sounds really good especially like how you say its better for noobs trying to learn.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

electric

Best of 3 casual set up sounds good - plus having the existing normal set up will be good for new guys who are too shy to lay down the beast challenge lol

Unfortunately I can't make this weeks ranbats :( too much stuff going on this week
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Skullator

Sounds awesome man, and how dare you I poured my heart and soul into that poem for 47 seconds.

CaptainHook

Quote from: WoundLenny on October 28, 2010, 01:58:48 PM
So does that mean you're willing to sponge bath me?  Just checking.

Depends, did you like the last one?

I'm a giver. If you're not into it, neither am i.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Haha, fuck you's are all fucked!!!

But that sounds like a beast idea Len. I wish i could come as there's a few people/matchups i would like to ask for - Rumble/Fong in mind.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Rorooze

yeah, no one really takes note of the 3 wins or 1 loss and get off, so we thought it'd be better to play a set against someone you wanna play or learn some tips from. should be better for everyone i think :D

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Rorooze on October 28, 2010, 09:45:23 PM
yeah, no one really takes note of the 3 wins or 1 loss and get off, so we thought it'd be better to play a set against someone you wanna play or learn some tips from. should be better for everyone i think :D

Yeah.  By the way this whole thing was soley my idea so I definitely deserve all the credit for it.  Rory didn't come up with this idea at all.

GET HHHUYYYYYYYPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Skullator

Lennysaurus

In other news, GET HYPE and brin joysticks cause were gonna be short!!!

Skullator

I'll bring my TE, leaving here in 45 minutes for Auckland, will be chilling at skycity \ scribbles but can turn up whenever this afternoon.

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Rorooze

jack you scrub do you want a lift in to ranbats this week?