• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Lag Free Setup

Started by CaptainHook, September 02, 2010, 03:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

I can't find that monitor in NZ :< I was looking at getting it but want to get something local incase I get dead pixels or some shit.

karizzma

Im also looking for a screen like this. But I cannot find one in NZ

LN

The 22" version is available if you can stoop to that, but BenQ make some other very good low-input delay monitors too...
There is no knowledge that is not power

CaptainHook

I watched trade me for about 2 days and got my G2420HD from someone basically untouched still in the box.
When i'm on the hunt for something, i stalk trade me every 10 mins checking latest listings, if what i want comes
up at a fair price i hit the buy now so generally no one else even saw the listing. I make sure its local so i can
take cash to the person and check out the unit properly before handing over money.

If you have the patience and time to do it, you can get some killer stuff for cheap. :)

And by patience i mean when the 3G iphone first came out i got 2 of them brand new from separate listings
for $500 less than stores but it took about 3-4 weeks of stalking. Haha
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Elixir

Quote from: CaptainHook on December 13, 2010, 08:48:15 AM
I watched trade me for about 2 days and got my G2420HD from someone basically untouched still in the box.
When i'm on the hunt for something, i stalk trade me every 10 mins checking latest listings, if what i want comes
up at a fair price i hit the buy now so generally no one else even saw the listing. I make sure its local so i can
take cash to the person and check out the unit properly before handing over money.

If you have the patience and time to do it, you can get some killer stuff for cheap. :)

And by patience i mean when the 3G iphone first came out i got 2 of them brand new from separate listings
for $500 less than stores but it took about 3-4 weeks of stalking. Haha

So how is it? I'm actually in the market for a new monitor, but I can't find out much on this model, besides someone in Japanese saying "approximately 1-3 frames".

Also I can only seem to find one (and I mean ONE) for sale, for $388.

Flash

Quote from: Elixir on December 13, 2010, 01:19:25 PM
So how is it? I'm actually in the market for a new monitor, but I can't find out much on this model, besides someone in Japanese saying "approximately 1-3 frames".

Also I can only seem to find one (and I mean ONE) for sale, for $388.

less than 1 frame i think, want it set to sRGB g2420 equivalent of game mode

if your on xbox set your setting to

In the 'system settings' section on your Xbox there is a resolution option in display settings. Set to 1080p. One strength of the Xbox is that it supports hardware upscaling whereas the PS3 doesn't for the vast majority of games. Unfortunately this includes SSFIV which is locked at 720p on the PS3 so any screen that has a native resolution of 1080p is forced to rescale right off the bat which introduces lag.

Its for this reason that anyone looking to minimise lag on the PS3 (that plays SSFIV) might want to consider a 720p native screen. Both Asus and BenQ offer fantastic screens however that handle the rescaling of 720p signals to their native 1080p quite well though.

BenQ G2420HD
Dynamic setting - average = 4.9130434782608695652173913043478ms
sRGB setting - average = 3.9565217391304347826086956521739ms (Best option)
Normal setting - average = 5.7916666666666666666666666666667ms

http://www.ozhadou.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5069
http://www.ozhadou.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5523

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Rorooze

The crux of this entire thing is this: do a lag test to check your monitor, test it under the conditions you'll be using it. if it's sweet then all good, if not and you wanna be lag free, get a different monitor.

Now back to the point, anyone know of any 24 inch LCD screens with less than a frame of lag available in NZ? 1080p required, speakers would be nice but not essential. HDMI or VGA, I don't give a hoot.

Elixir

Quote from: Rorooze on December 13, 2010, 02:37:11 PMThe crux of this entire thing is this: do a lag test to check your monitor, test it under the conditions you'll be using it. if it's sweet then all good, if not and you wanna be lag free, get a different monitor.

I think the point of this thread is to circumvent this step entirely, as in, digging through the "reliant of other users" part - otherwise, you're testing it yourself. This would be good if I didn't have to buy a monitor, test it, and then either 1) return it (lol, returning shit in NZ) or 2) stick with it.

If it's the case of purchasing a monitor from abroad, it's even more time consuming and risky.

The G2420HD seems promising, but like I said, I can't find it available to buy locally. It was apparently on sale for $200 AUD shipped in Australia, in the middle of last year though.

fluxcore

Thread locked until I decide whether to delete the whole damn thing or not, and mod the hell out of any further laggy monitor discussion.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness