• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Sirlin discusses tweaks to Puzzle Fighter

Started by fluxcore, August 05, 2007, 08:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

As usual, Sirlin whips up a fantastic post on his site, this time describing the changes he has made to Puzzle Fighter HD Remix.
The original Puzzle Fighter, while being probably the most fun 2 player puzzle game around, was horribly skewed tier-wise,  with Ken unquestionably being top, and only Donovan being competitive - every one else sucked. There was also a glitch involving the diamond gem which owned hard. It's interesting to see the changes Sirlin made to each player's gem patterns - Morrigan in particular looks pretty nice to me - and the reasons why he has done so.

Check it out at http://www.sirlin.net/archive/balancing-puzzle-fighter/

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Wugga

Man I hope it's released this Wednesday... if so, Puzzle Fighter HD Remix on the projector at Hamlan...
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

fluxcore

Wiki entry claims September 13th... not sure if that's worldwide, presumably it is for all platforms (that date is for PS3). They got it from http://www.psu.com/PS3-2007-Upcoming-Releases-Feature--a878-p0.php

Just as a mental reminder, SSF2THDR is scheduled October 18th, as well.

Where did wednesday come from?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Wugga

Xbox Live Arcade games get released on Wednesday. And sadly, it's not tonight... tonight is some weird new boarding/battling arena game  ???  and Space Giraffe... press release I got said this month, so I guess Puzzle Fighter will be next week for the 360, along with Streets Of Rage 2 (though NZ press releases can't always be trusted).

fluxcore

Indeed, I see on SRK that some people expect it on the 29th August for Xbox live and 30th for PS3.

--flux

Wugga

fluxcore

It is teh oot! At least judging from SRK, where people are bitching that the character sprites aren't redrawn, and that the XBOX controller sucks balls. Can't please some people.

--flux

Orochi

Yes it is out
And yes the controller sucks
But yes everyone already knew that

fluxcore

Just some updates on the other releases: the PSN version is still pending approval by SCEE, which is expected to take 6-8 weeks or something. So I imagine PS3 version will be a bit later.

Also, the PC port hasn't begun development yet :(

--flux

Wugga

Don't know why people would be complaining about the controller, unless it's the dreaded Dpad... I'd probably use the dpad if I didn't have my Hori stick, but if that was the case I'd probably also sand it down.

The sprites DO look dumb though... all fuzzy like. And when everthing else is all HD like, they really stand out.

fluxcore

I believe it is the dpad they are complaining about, specifically when trying to drop gems.

I think there's a way of using unfiltered sprites as well, so instead of being all fuzzy they are all blocky and pixelated... pretty subjective as to which is better, but neither are great.

--flux