• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PS3 SE Fightstick Custom Artwork Full Sanwa Parts trade

Started by CptMunta, September 14, 2010, 09:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

I got a great new kickass laptop that won't register my inputs because the chipset doesn't Support USB UHCI.

So with no real workaround I was wondering if anyone is interested in a trade for my PS3 SE Fightstick, Full Sanwa parts and custom one of a kind artwork  :)

It looks like this:

Here's the artwork

The artwork a has a couple of bubbles here and there but nothing major and the there. Can send it in it's orginal box.

It worked on my old laptop fine and the USB probllem is isolated to specfic chipsets, usually ones on newer high spec PCs (ie Nvidia). There's a thread about it here:

http://shoryuken.com/f177/madcatz-ps3-te-fightstick-pc-xp-vista-win7-32-64bit-read-1st-post-175047/

I'm not back in Christchurch till Early October, but was wondering if anyone is interested in a trade. Thought I'd start early and see what you guys reckon is the best non Madcatz equivalent.

Has to be either a PS3 stick with FULL PC compatability (I think the Madcatz PC stick problem is specific to Madcatz)
Maybe a Full Sanwa PS2 stick since I have a PS2 to USB adapter.

What do you guys reckon?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

Try getting a USB hub cause that has helped people in your situation before. Can't remember exactly what you need to get ><
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Hori PS3 sticks are reasonably notorious for not working on many PCs too actually.

360 stick imo :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on September 14, 2010, 09:33:01 AM
Hori PS3 sticks are reasonably notorious for not working on many PCs too actually.

360 stick imo :)

I would get a 360 stick and be done with it but I want to have two decent ps3 sticks as well. I have just bought a te ps3 stick. I should have just bought a x360 stick and got it dual modded :(

Apparently you can't simply dual mod the ps3 USB problem away.

Shame hori ps3 sticks have issues too. Maybe ps2 hori is the safest route?

Also I've looked into USB hubs. Expresscard and other types won't work. You need something very specific for laptops. Desktop pcs you just install a cheap via or intel chipset USB hub and your sweet as.

rugdoctor

All your sticks belong to me!

zos'la

maybe get a 360 stick and dual mod it with a paewang?
that is if u want it to work on all platforms...
if its just PC and PS3, then just hack a ps1 and 2 controller
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CaptainHook

Quote from: CptMunta on September 14, 2010, 09:57:15 AM
Apparently you can't simply dual mod the ps3 USB problem away.

It worked for me!!!

I had a PS3 TE that didn't work under windows on my imac. But worked fine under OSX on the same comp! (must be drivers!)
Lenny dual modded it for me and it works under windows fine now. It's a different PCB (paewang) so it makes sense to me..
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

fluxcore

Dual mod would fix the problem as long as the other pcb you dual mod with works on windows. Then you just use that one instead of the PS3 one.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Quote from: zosla on September 14, 2010, 10:43:56 AM
maybe get a 360 stick and dual mod it with a paewang?

Why bother? If he gets a paewang he'd just put that in the case he currently has. Don't need to get a 360 stick if you're just replacing the pcb anyway.

Also, you don't dual mod with a paewang. It works on both systems itself, so dual modding with it would be completely pointless.

zos'la

let me correct myself lol. what i mean was using teh paewang pcb as a replacement, much cheaper.
my bad ENGRISH sorry^^
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CaptainHook

My impression of what Andy said is that you dual mod by putting a paewang PCB in.. Like Lenny did to mine.
Is that just semantics or am i missing something?

//EDIT Ahh - Andy just posted same thing.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

CptMunta

Maybe it's better if I wait while and dual mod my te instead. Can't afford 100 bucks for the pcb and then either shipping to get it modded or a soldering set. Maybe I can borrow a ps1/2 stick for a bit off the chch crew. Then get the mod done next year when super gets announced on pc or whatever.

Cheers for the input guys.

electric

You can also get a 360 Fight Pad munta and dual mod your PS3 stick with that - it's what I did, and I had no troubles (except for having my buttons not work because I plugged them in wrong lol)

I bought one recently off Trade Me for $55 - if you can find one while you're overseas, I'm sure it'll be worth it
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Rorooze

I might be able to get you a fight pad real cheap, I got a friend that got a stick recently so probably keen to sell his pad. Lemme know if you're keen and I can chase it up.

fluxcore

By fight pad he means the madcatz one, since it's one of the few that are actually common ground (which is vital if you are dual modding)