• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Mighty Ape! =(

Started by HoneyBadger, September 21, 2010, 01:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

I preordered my Civ5 from first games _b
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

There are otehr means of getting their supply even if the so called distributor not going to give them any.
Look at first game, I am sure 100% they have other means :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

That's comparing apples to oranges though Andy. First Games bypasses local distributors by being import only (or mainly) where Mightyape use local distributors most of the time. It's a complicated issue. I want to tell MightyApe to harden up it's business and that's how it works, the bigger music labels have always operated like this but I do find it stink that these local distributors are bowing to an overseas entity like EB.

ps. Alan I didn't even think of ordering Civ5 from First Games as I keep thinking of them as a mainly console company. I'll have to check there first next time.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Yeah you wanna say fuck you it's business, but the thing that pisses me off is that the distributor failed to supply the number of units promised which is just straight up gay.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Did they actually promise though? Sounds more like mightyape took a bunch of preorders and told the supplier "Oi gimme X" and then the supplier went "naaaaaa"
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Chuckk

All I got out of this issue is that 1) props to the CEO for caring enough to buy shit himself, 2) bad luck on the shit with the CE but you should know better by now, and 3) grow the fuck up.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Rorooze

Yeah I'm ordering most stuff from firstgames these days, cheaper and fast service. Personally I think mightyape need a lesson in supply chain management instead of having a whinge.

Anyway, give it another 5 years and I think most games will be distributed online ie: steam, xbl, psn, blizzard store, etc. I don't imagine many console/pc gaming stores will be around for too much longer.

Also, fuck EB games.

geneterror

Quote from: Rorooze on September 22, 2010, 08:10:20 AM
Anyway, give it another 5 years and I think most games will be distributed online ie: steam, xbl, psn, blizzard store, etc. I don't imagine many console/pc gaming stores will be around for too much longer.
I don't know about that, internet pricing plans and caps are going to need to change a lot before that happens. Unlike the States where they have alot of uncapped plans downloading a game off Steam etc would blow half my months cap. It's why I'm buying a boxed copy of Civ5.
That actually makes them more expensive than boxed copies in a way. Sometimes the digital download is not much less than a boxed copy, by the time you add in the price of half my months internet allowance it can cost more. I go through all my bandwidth every month as it is without adding entire games to it. I'd be getting raped my my ISP :'(
The same goes for people wanting things like Netflix over here, sure I would pay for more movies that I currently probably get a 700mb xvid rip of but where do they think all this bandwidth is going to come from to stream full HD movies, I know my current plan couldn't handle it.
It's funny when I read the news and everyone wants faster internet. Screw that I'm happy with what I have I want MORE internet for more competitive prices.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Yeah fuck more internet plz. I want my 200gb cap like Australia

MUMMYHALA

electric

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv]Oleetworth on September 22, 2010, 01:05:06 PM
Yeah fuck more internet plz. I want my 200gb cap like Australia

Caps are for slow dudes - where's the unlimited Tokyo shit at ?!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

I get uncapped, really fast internet, But it costs me a fuckload.  I'd love to get all my shit online.  Would be soooooo much easier.  Also in theory it should be heaps cheaper since we don't have to worry about all the costs involved in selling stuff in a store.

Not unusual for me to blaze through 70 or 80 gig in a week.  I think my record is 48 gigs in one night.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

I think my record was 300 gig in a week when I had unlimited internet...
Now I'm cap at 90 gigs >< but my connection is fairly good and cost me $70/ month so its pretty decent :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Pretty sure Andy's isp is just Kevin.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.