• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Hard arcade stick decision

Started by karizzma, September 21, 2010, 10:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karizzma

So my HRAP broke and though I wont be playing too much Im still in need of a stick. I dont know if it is repairable as it is the USB cord connecting the stick to the xbox360 that is broken. Im hoping it is just a simply solder job.

So here are some of my options.

1. Buy a xbox360 TE from capcom store 280 or something.
2. Buy a friends PS3 TE for 200 and paewang it.
3. Paewang the HRAP which will fix the fault 100%

Just wondering what you guys think I should do. Maybe there are some other options open.

Rorooze

If it is just the USB cable that is broken then just get a replacement USB cable then solder it up. I can't solder for shit but someone here can probably offer their services!

karizzma

Is it that simply with that funny connection at the end of the cord that goes to the little extension thing? I would have thought the xbox usb is special or something?

fluxcore

It's not. The breakaway bit is simply for convenience so that if you tug the cable it doesn't pull your console off a shelf. Other than that it is absolutely a standard USB cable.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Also, if it's just the end bit that's knackered/lost, get a bunch of these:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29087

Although it takes about 3 weeks shipping from my experience.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

xkheretic

zos'la

replace the USB cable.

BUT if you want it to be multi console compatible then paewang it since you are going thru soldering work anyways.

Don't buy a TE not worth it unless u want it as a collection or something.
Getting you mate's PS3 still is simply buying a new stick, so not worth it either since you might have to mod it again for xbox or something....
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

Does your HRAP have a dedicated "Turbo" button bro ? The Paewang needs a button (that isn't start, select or home) to be able to switch between consoles.

I'd say fix up the USB cable, but I used that stick at Ranbats and hate it hahaha :P
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

xkheretic

^ it sounds like someone smacking an empty plastic bucket with a stick when the buttons are hit. Ha.

Lennysaurus

You can buy replacement USB cables from Jaycar.  Cost you like $12-00, and you'll be able to solder it on easy as hell, just open it up and match up the wires already attached to the PCB.

If you want to hook up a paewang, and are worried about the Turbo button issue, you can just attach the turbo and guide buttons to the select button as well.

In other news, if you cant be fucked doing either, make me a decent offer, and I'll take that bad boy off your hands.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Phoenix Lenny on September 22, 2010, 10:46:59 AMIf you want to hook up a paewang, and are worried about the Turbo button issue, you can just attach the turbo and guide buttons to the select button as well.

This, I did not know. Thanks Lenny - my hate for the Paewang will subside now.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

lol... the Paewang turbo button is just another ordinaly button which is set to do 2 things, use as a turbo button switch on off or use as a plateform switch. So wiring it up to the select button is the same, u dun need to have a particular type of button for the turbo. xD
Dunno why u kinda hate it in the first place as its a awesome PCB.

karizzma

Can you put a link up to this USB cord please. Also does anyone know where I can get seimitsu buttons?

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on September 22, 2010, 11:38:23 AM
lol... the Paewang turbo button is just another ordinaly button which is set to do 2 things, use as a turbo button switch on off or use as a plateform switch. So wiring it up to the select button is the same, u dun need to have a particular type of button for the turbo. xD
Dunno why u kinda hate it in the first place as its a awesome PCB.

Probably the same reason you hate every joystick that isn't a custom one.

Anyone's guess really. 

Oh shit I went there!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

lol, I dun hate them Lenny, I just think they are over price for what they are. I do like the TE but I am not use to the stick being so close to the buttons thats all.

Karizzma,
I got some spare parts, clear blue seimitsu buttons x6, Pm me if ur interested.