• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Smashing pumpkins anyone?

Started by Skullator, September 23, 2010, 02:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

The band Smashing Pumpkins are playing in Auckland Town Hall on the 19th of October (that's a Tuesday night..)
Anyone else a fan? I'm pretty tempted to grab tickets, which go on sale 28th September 9AM.

geneterror

I saw them years ago when they played the first time and they were awesome! But that was when Melancholy was the newest album.  A friend said he saw them a while back and it's the Billy Corgan Show now and was average as fuck...he left half way through their set.
I think I'll pass as they have written to many crap songs (read goth electronica with distorted guitars haha) post Siamese Dream. I'll stick to my memories of seeing them in their prime.
KOW 2011

samurai black

Quote from: geneterror on September 23, 2010, 03:25:22 PMA friend said he saw them a while back and it's the Billy Corgan Show now

makes sense. he's all thats left :D

geneterror

Yeah but he said the ego was unbelievable! Honestly he should stop actually calling it Smashing Pumpkins.
KOW 2011

Skullator

sadface :(

Jealous of you seeing them during the Melancholy days Gene

maelgrim

Love them, seen them twice (in NZ & London). Great shows.
But as has been said its not really the pumpkins anymore, though I still like Billy.

Auckland town hall - wow! thats a long way from the stadiums I last saw them in.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?