• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Gaming stick mods

Started by Chalice, October 02, 2010, 02:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chalice

Hey guys... getting sick of being all retarded when I face my auckland mates via ps3 on their gaming stick... But have heard that if you buy one for xbox(im on 360) they aren't compatible with ps3... but have also heard there are mods you can get to fix this...

Anyone know anything? I sure dont.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea there are a couple of things you can do.

The most common is 'Dual Modding' where you put, say a PS3 PCB (the 'brain' of the stick) into your 360 stick so that it can be used on both consoles. This is a lot easier to do with a 360 stick and a PS3 PCB, since PS3 PCB's are easy to come by. Usually there are a few extra things you need to do, but if you just get one of these http://www.lizardlick.com/Toodles-ChimpSMD_p_584.html then most of the hard work is already done for you, and you just need to get a soldering iron and some wire and attach the appropriate points on your 360 PCB with the appropriate points on that bad boy. This is the method i would recommend.

Your other option is to use a special PCB that works on both consoles. Theres only one on the market atm (Paewang revolution). This is usually only a decent option if youre building a stick from scratch, but some people dont like the Paewang revolution because theyre kind of shoddy. Some people swear by them and think theyre the best thing in the world though.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Gino

Oh yeah! Welcome to the forums!

Also, afaik the Auckland ranbats and National tournaments for SSF4 are all on Xbox anyway.

Oh, and all the best players play on Xbox anyway.

Gino

Just got this link in an email from  AkihabaraShop.jp

fluxcore

That PS360 would be the simplest solution by far! Maybe we should put in an NZism order...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

That board looks really promising - especially with preorders being around $35 US... has anyone ordered from AkihabaraShop before ? What are their shipping options like ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Rorooze

I'd be keen!

[edit] i've emailed akihabara to see how much it'd cost for shipping 5+ units together [/edit]

St1gnate

that looks awesome i could be keen for one

Chalice

Thanks for the welcome guys! FINALLY some people who know what they're on about... instead of the usual douches I get who tend to make the solution up as they go along :S

So pretty much what you guys are saying is that If I get an xbox 360 gamer stick... its relatively cheap and easy to mod to work on ps3?..

Golden, cheers guys, Im not exactly sure which solution would be suited for me... maybe I need to meet some of you guys and try out a few different options.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

They need one that's goes into the Wii aswell and i'd be keen.

I'd prob fuck it up though trying to mod it haha.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck. Id be keen to get more than one of those.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Flash

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on October 03, 2010, 02:21:46 PM
They need one that's goes into the Wii aswell and i'd be keen.

I'd prob fuck it up though trying to mod it haha.

yea i got drunk as last night and when i got home after my burger king i thought it would be a good time to mod my xbox360 stick with an mc cthulhu, fuck was i pissed when i got up this morning and my stick was pulled apart with the worst soldering job ever. It's a mess and of course it doesn't work and on top of that i think i overheated one of the circuit boards on the 360pcb so it's fucked so no more xboxlive ssf4 back to psn.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

karizzma

I am also keen to get 1-3 of these new PCBs.

Rorooze

I'll make a new thread for orders, when the akihabara e-mails back when postage estimate we can work on cost, etc. I don't imagine shipping is going to be a big cost anyway, especially if we order together.