• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Wheres the cheapest place to get a stick?

Started by Chocobuny, October 28, 2010, 08:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocobuny

Title says it all, no site wants to import to NZ and the only place I can find selling them is Starzone and its nearly $400. Don't really want to buy of trademe again since this stick just died on me and I've had it less than 6 months.

Rorooze

What kind of stick did you buy in the first place?

Chocobuny

A Modded SE Stick. On SRK atm trying to get it fixed but no luck

http://shoryuken.com/f177/stick-troubles-possibly-power-related-255158/

Thats thread if anyone cares. Just sigh sigh sigh.

Rorooze

Hmm. I have no idea whats actually wrong but if you think it's the PCB you could just get a new PCB instead of a whole new stick.

Chocobuny

I have no idea what to get or where, nor do I know how to solder or have the tools for it : (.

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

Just had a quick read of your first post on that SRK thread. Sounds like it has short circuited I think. When my external hard-drive stopped working, whenever I plugged it into any computer every USB device stopped working and when I plugged it into the monitor with usb ports at uni the monitor would shut off when it was plugged in. My friend told me it had short circuited and threw it in the bin.

I'm not very technical though, but good luck fixing it.

Chocobuny

Awwwwwwwwwwwww :((((((((((((((((((

And I live in Christchurch ae.

Rorooze

Then you need to pop along to the CHCH mashups and meet CPTMunta & crew! One of them will know how to replace your PCB.. As for finding one, we just put in a big order for PS360 PCB's so unfortunately you've missed out on that, but you could order a TOODLE or CHUTULU (I think?) PCB from AkihabaraShop for about $50 bucks. It'll work on PS3!

Chocobuny

Well FML. I swear I can never get anything going right for me. Alright thanks heeps man too bad I still don't know if the PCB is actually the problem or not : (.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Chocobuny on October 28, 2010, 10:31:28 PM
Well FML. I swear I can never get anything going right for me. Alright thanks heeps man too bad I still don't know if the PCB is actually the problem or not : (.

Another option is to just buy another SE brand new from capcom store since you already have the buttons in your old one.  Then you can just put your buttons and stick into the new one and flog the broken one off on here.  I might be interested in buying it off you in a couple of weeks.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Chocobuny

$280 NZ to import a TE Stick to new zealand..... so tempting right now

CaptainHook

Quote from: Chocobuny on October 28, 2010, 11:17:04 PM
$280 NZ to import a TE Stick to new zealand..... so tempting right now

I did that a few weeks ago. Showed up about 3 days after i ordered. Haha. Do it. Do it. Do it. *peer pressure*
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Chocobuny

Quote from: CaptainHook on October 28, 2010, 11:25:31 PM
I did that a few weeks ago. Showed up about 3 days after i ordered. Haha. Do it. Do it. Do it. *peer pressure*

Awww jesus that peer pressure lol. 3 days from America though? Took my 2 weeks to get my stick when I bought it inside New Zealand lol. I'm going to fiddle around with this and see if I can get it fixed. If not, here comes giant ass TE stick. Has it got a warranty on it or anything if I order internationally?

Barnstorm