• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Random Thoughts Thread.

Started by CrazyMobius, October 29, 2010, 07:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: LN on December 10, 2010, 07:49:31 AM
Silly New Zealanders... the World Cup is a football event.

Football isn't actually a sport - it's the sporting worlds equivalent of a gay bar
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on December 10, 2010, 06:56:14 AM
I don't care who wins the World Cup but I can't wait until it is over.
KOW 2011

B BOY DRAW2

Bull Rush should be a pro sport!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

samurai black

dark of the moon trailer is meh

stereomonkey

Your review of the trailer has exceeded my expectations.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on December 10, 2010, 06:56:14 AM
I don't care who wins the World Cup but I can't wait until it is over. I live in Mt Eden and don't look forward to all the commotion.

Damn i feel sorry for you bro. I think i'll just watch it with my mates at a pub somewhere since getting in and out will be hell.

Quote from: LN on December 10, 2010, 07:49:31 AM
Silly New Zealanders... the World Cup is a football event.

Pfft my bad. The Rugby World Cup then.  :-[*seriously*
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

CrazyMobius

Nah its all good Eddy. Don't take these comments to heart.  ;D

CrazyMobius

Holy crap! Game Maker is now available for Mac! Watch this space!

Nick4now

Chicken Nibbles from Mangere are delicious. Gonna have take some back home  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Barnstorm

Australia rapes NZ for internet

fuck they get 500gb + phone and shit for only 99 buck a month

Fuck nz internet and there shit limits

DVS

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 14, 2010, 11:48:37 AM
Australia rapes NZ for internet

fuck they get 500gb + phone and shit for only 99 buck a month

Fuck nz internet and there shit limits

Word.......by 2015 we will have speed internet in 'selected' areas....I bet we'll be paying a shit tonne for it too. NZ is one of the highest internet users in the world (I think we're the third highest per capita after Finland and the US).....and we pay almost three times as much as most countries for less.....

Telecom can fuck right off and take there fucking rates with them......vent concluded
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

stereomonkey

Though you would find that the speeds are only great in metro areas over in Australia.  Ioane can also confirm this as he lived in an area that had shit speed similar to people living in rural areas in NZ.  Another thing people need to remember is that the consumer market is far greater in those countries than in NZ.  Like Sydney, it has over 4 million in population, over 50 or so ISP competitors and an economy that is not utter shit.

The amount we pay for broadband over here is sad; though in the future I know it's about to change and hopefully how the plans work.  As Barnstorm has said with Aus getting 500gb plans (working out to be terrabyte plans due to you getting 500gb off peak and 500gb on peak) so if NZ had something along the  lines of that would make people happy. Then everybodycan enjoy 1080p rips of everything :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Rorooze

Once they build that new southern cross cable the amount of data you get for your dollar should increase heaps. Fibre to the door ain't going to do fuck all until our international bandwidth issues are fixed.

Barnstorm

Why are some xbox games locked to certain regions in the arcade?

Like bust a move and pacman ce dx and all the indie games

CaptainHook

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 14, 2010, 01:02:52 PM
Then everybodycan enjoy 1080p rips of everything :P

This is actually something to seriously consider; Why do people want more data for less cost?
Generally, so they can STEAL more intellectual property they would otherwise have to pay for.

If you had to BUY all your music/tv/movies/games/software how much would it cost compared
to your internet access you use to "acquire" all that crap for free?

Yeah, i'll happily pay the monthly fee because compared to what i used to spend JUST going to the
movies every week i'm fucking laughing all the way to the bank. :D No it's not an excuse for telco's,
but i'm just saying the whole "entitlement" attitude needs to be put in perspective sometimes.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K