• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Random Thoughts Thread.

Started by CrazyMobius, October 29, 2010, 07:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

I'm with Eru on this one. I have a LOT of friends involved in music and none of them are crying about the internet. Evolve or die you greedy fuckers.
KOW 2011

[8-----D] Toots

Nah whatevs the internets mean for music get heaps of freebies

samurai black

B BOY DRAW2

I want AE on 360 already!!! sheesh...

I keep checking AE footage and seeing how there's all these buffs and nerfs to everyone...
makes me a little sad though...I heard they nerfed Gully back to Vanilla...except he's got Ultra 2...and made his air grab shit...
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on February 09, 2011, 06:05:54 PM
I want AE on 360 already!!! sheesh...

I keep checking AE footage and seeing how there's all these buffs and nerfs to everyone...
makes me a little sad though...I heard they nerfed Gully back to Vanilla...except he's got Ultra 2...and made his air grab shit...

He's not that bad. Apparently his upside down kick is buffed.

CaptainHook

Quote from: geneterror on February 08, 2011, 10:32:55 AM
I'm with Eru on this one. I have a LOT of friends involved in music and none of them are crying about the internet. Evolve or die you greedy fuckers.

They may be involved, but has it been their primary income for over a decade like me or like others were it's like 30+ years? If so, i find it hard to
believe they're very successful in the commercial market and don't attribute the internet (even just partly) to the fact that EMI worldwide just got taken
over by citibank (citigroup) because they owed citigroup £3.4 billion (terrafirm lost its £1.7 billion in the take over) and then citigroup had to write
off £2.2 billion of that once the courts ruled in their favour and gave them EMI leaving them with still a bunch of money they wont get back.

And I think it's also a lot about saturation of the market through the internet that's the prob..
There's SO much available now, but 90% of it is rubbish and the bulk of that probably created by kids in their bedrooms with cracked software.
Signal to noise ratio of music is now like the internet in general. Poor.

I've been involved in both the artist side (band with a gold selling debut album signed to warners) and in the studio production side (dealing direct with labels and
and the industry in general in both situations) for the last decade so i think i have a reasonable idea of what's going on and even in that short time i've
seen a massive change in music. It's not sustainable the way it is. Productions are getting worse because the budgets aren't there. Labels can't take
chances on artists with their own identity because they can't afford to.

It's like the movie industry were the only things getting decent budgets are "blockbuster" type movies, and there's still a few making good money but
everything else is cheap independent stuff and most of the time it's value is about what was spent on the project. Next to nothing.

I'm glad i'm freelance now cause even photography and video work is making me a lot more money already than music did. LOL. I'm still doing a bit of music
cause i love it, but it's really hard to make a good living from it now.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

massi4h

When on the way to Piha the other day I saw a letterbox on Scenic Drive saying 236a, it made me think of a fireball.

moose!

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 09, 2011, 08:04:34 PM
They may be involved, but has it been their primary income for over a decade like me or like others were it's like 30+ years? If so, i find it hard to
believe they're very successful in the commercial market and don't attribute the internet (even just partly) to the fact that EMI worldwide just got taken
over by citibank (citigroup) because they owed citigroup £3.4 billion (terrafirm lost its £1.7 billion in the take over) and then citigroup had to write
off £2.2 billion of that once the courts ruled in their favour and gave them EMI leaving them with still a bunch of money they wont get back.

And I think it's also a lot about saturation of the market through the internet that's the prob..
There's SO much available now, but 90% of it is rubbish and the bulk of that probably created by kids in their bedrooms with cracked software.
Signal to noise ratio of music is now like the internet in general. Poor.

I've been involved in both the artist side (band with a gold selling debut album signed to warners) and in the studio production side (dealing direct with labels and
and the industry in general in both situations) for the last decade so i think i have a reasonable idea of what's going on and even in that short time i've
seen a massive change in music. It's not sustainable the way it is. Productions are getting worse because the budgets aren't there. Labels can't take
chances on artists with their own identity because they can't afford to.

It's like the movie industry were the only things getting decent budgets are "blockbuster" type movies, and there's still a few making good money but
everything else is cheap independent stuff and most of the time it's value is about what was spent on the project. Next to nothing.

I'm glad i'm freelance now cause even photography and video work is making me a lot more money already than music did. LOL. I'm still doing a bit of music
cause i love it, but it's really hard to make a good living from it now.
Good riddance.

moose!

massi4h

He was the Guitarist in 48May wasn't he?

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Nick4now

Quote from: geneterror on February 08, 2011, 10:32:55 AM

What?
2PAC is evolving!
Congratulations! Your 2PAC
evolved into LIL' WAYNE!

I think evolve is the wrong word  :P

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

B BOY DRAW2

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: massi4h on February 09, 2011, 09:59:04 PM
He was the Guitarist in 48May wasn't he?

wow thats pretty awesome I like their songs 'Don't look now' and 'Leather and Tattoos'
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

LN

Bill & Ted are musical geniuses.
There is no knowledge that is not power