• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts Thread.

Started by CrazyMobius, October 29, 2010, 07:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Darude - Sandstorm or nothing at all.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 09, 2011, 08:04:34 PM
They may be involved, but has it been their primary income for over a decade like me or like others were it's like 30+ years?
Actually yes, I know sound engineers, producers etc and some of Suzannahs family were involved in the formation of the early Kog Records, her brother still does wanky VJ work in Oz. I've known Evan Short (ex Concord Dawn) for years and some of my friends bring over metal/hardcore/punks bands from all over the world. I know people in Blindspott and The Bleeders :-[ and their were members of Antagonist at my wedding party who are off to Aussie again in a couple of weeks.
I'm pretty sure you actually know my friend Rowan and you might know David Baxter as well, it's still funny seeing him all over TV lately for that horribly poppy song I can't think of the name right now. All of them are not doing the DIY thing and want to make a living out of "entertainment".
Anyway I will happily argue this with you but not on here, see you at Ranbats tomorrow :-*

edit: And I used to manage a branch of The Compact Disc shop and then a Sounds store. I have had some experience in the music industry just from a different perspective to you.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Nick4now on February 10, 2011, 12:53:36 AM
What?
2PAC is evolving!
Congratulations! Your 2PAC
evolved into LIL' WAYNE!

I think evolve is the wrong word  :P

G. Lil Wayne is bad you fuck. Your like my mates. Too cool to give him a chance. He's got ill similies and punchlines. He does heaps of shit songs for mainstream, but if you look past them he is pretty ill bro. He got mean flow too. And he's been shot for street cred lol, even if he did cheddar bob himself hahah.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

i remember when i first heard lil wayne, he seemed okay.

then he put that shit lollipop song where he just mumbles the whole way through.

fuck that.

electric

Quote from: samurai black on February 10, 2011, 11:27:56 AM
i remember when i first heard lil wayne, he seemed okay.

Agreed - when he first came on the scene I really liked his stuff. Then he blew up with awful, awful stuff
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CaptainHook

Quote from: geneterror on February 10, 2011, 09:22:42 AM
Actually yes, I know sound engineers, producers etc and some of Suzannahs family were involved in the formation of the early Kog Records, her brother still does wanky VJ work in Oz. I've known Evan Short (ex Concord Dawn) for years and some of my friends bring over metal/hardcore/punks bands from all over the world. I know people in Blindspott and The Bleeders :-[ and their were members of Antagonist at my wedding party who are off to Aussie again in a couple of weeks.
I'm pretty sure you actually know my friend Rowan and you might know David Baxter as well, it's still funny seeing him all over TV lately for that horribly poppy song I can't think of the name right now.

Has Kog shut down or did they just move? (out of that horrible, horrible location..)
Yeah, i know all those guys too which isn't surprising considering how small the industry is. :P
Evan wanted to master our debut album, and he was at NZAMP meetings with me complaining
about the internet. Haha. :P He's also good friends with our old manager Ingrid.

Sam from Antagonist and Rowan are good mates yeah. And Dave, i actually went to high school with so have
known him for ages.

But i know your ties are mostly in the hardcore/heavier scene (which some of mine are also) and that definitely
has a different commercial reality as a typical hardcore album has a budget of about $2000, where as our second
album we spent over $70,000. The Bleeders made the stupid mistake of recording with Tim @ Big Blue in NY (i actually
know Tim from online forums) and i'm guessing they spent over $100K as it was part of the deal with Elemeno P
who did the same thing with Universal. But the bleeders are hardly typical and that little venture did not work out anyway.
That album was.. well anyway..

It's a shame Sounds and just about every CD chain here has closed down. Sounds helped us out on our tour before he died. :(
I guess that's a sign of the times with CD's tho.

But i'll leave it there since you've mentioned it's off topic and i know how OCD Alan gets.  :D
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

redtie

Quote from: electric on February 10, 2011, 11:33:46 AM
Agreed - when he first came on the scene I really liked his stuff. Then he blew up with awful, awful stuff

His mixtapes are better than his albums. Just like Game.

Nick4now

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 10, 2011, 10:56:15 AM
He's got ill similies and punchlines

"Beat it like a cop. Rodney King baby yeah beat it like a cop haHA! Beat it like a cop. Rodney King baby said beat it like a cop!". I like how he laughs at his own simile as if it was so witty and funny that he had to repeat it again  :P

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 10, 2011, 10:56:15 AM
He does heaps of shit songs for mainstream, but if you look past them he is pretty ill bro.

In other words, he's a sellout?  ;D

But seriously I remember his older shit when noone really knew him. I liked one of his songs which was called "way of life". But I probably only liked it because it sampled "Don't look any further" by Dennis Edwards lol Still, I don't think anyone has done it better than Eric B. & Rakim.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

scribble

Quote from: redtie on February 10, 2011, 11:51:10 AM
His mixtapes are better than his albums. Just like Game.

Yeah, best songs I've heard him on have been on mix tape collabs.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

LN

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 10, 2011, 11:47:58 AM
But i'll leave it there since you've mentioned it's off topic and i know how OCD Alan gets.  :D

Off topic in 'random thoughts'?

Please.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Nick4now

Hahaha at least it's moved away from Wombo Combo's territory lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CaptainHook

Quote from: LN on February 10, 2011, 12:03:06 PM
Off topic in 'random thoughts'?

Please.

What i was posting were hardly random thoughts. So yes.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

B BOY DRAW2

Yeah man...Waynes one of the hardest kungs out there!!!

... :-X

::)
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

G. You mean to tell me. You've never kissed one of your niggaz on the lips? Bitchass nucka.

Nah but realz. That like his dad to him.

His mainstream shit is shit. He's bad i can't go into detail right now cos i'm in someones house. But i will later.

I can't listen to old school shit forever. You see these kids listen to that, and call the new shit ... sshit. I know more songs and words then them on those old school songs. But i had to listen to something different for a change. I gave it a chance. And found out heaps of their shit is mean, they just do gay songs for radio and shit. Nobody listens to radio anyway, unless you like Rihanna and Rihanna adn every now and then a Rihanna wannabe.

I will be back with ill Wayne songs that i think the old school niggazz will love, real talk.Me and Nick get into the same shit. I just got more open than him too.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!