• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Random Thoughts Thread.

Started by CrazyMobius, October 29, 2010, 07:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

Quote from: massi4h on April 12, 2011, 11:30:48 AM
Hah thanks man. My dad knows quite a bit of medical shit, so they subscribed me Mylanta which is meant to work. Thing is we normally all take heaps of vitamin C (not a tablet a day, my dad makes his own and our daily dosage is nearly worth the amount of a whole bottle a day, as vitamin C is very powerful but only works in big doses). The mix he has with Baking Soda is real yuck but I think I'll start getting back on it.

I don't think mylanta is as strong as losec..? Losec neutralises & blocks the acid that causes pain when refluxing... Mylanta just suppresses it. Neither of them stop the reflux action. Maybe what you had is not as bad as what i had..?

I used to put Baking Soda into water and stir and drink. Holy fuck that tastes bad but worked "okay" when i didn't have anything else on hand and the pain struck. :P

Not that i really know shit, but i would be careful with how much vitamin c you have.

Quote"megadoses of vitamin C supplements can cause:

Diarrhea
Nausea
Vomiting
Heartburn
Abdominal cramps

Headache
Insomnia
Kidney stones
Remember, for most people, a healthy diet provides an adequate amount of vitamin C."

Bold bits sound familiar? :P

Also:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/too-much-vitamin-c-is-bad-for-you-say-experts-1155256.html

Also i think too much Baking Soda can be really bad long term which is why i try not to have it too often to relieve acid reflux.

But i guess your Dad has done the research.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Sorry didnt' read you rants.

BUT i am the fuckin man when it comes to hot food. I think the alcohol destroyed the senses.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Filter

Yeah saying that the pain was caused by a single pack of semi-spicy chips (I know the ones, I get them from the shell gas station) that you had eaten 2 days prior was pretty weak causation, but then just casually dropping the fact that you ingest massive doses of Vitamin C along with baking soda daily really rings alarm bells. You don't think that that might be having an effect on your stomach lining? Did you mention it to the doctors when you were in emergency?
What other unusual 'health' regimes are you doing?

I've had severe pain kind of similar to what you mentioned but mine turned out to be a kidney stone. they pumped me full of morphine in the emergency ward and then it was all good.
I think you can pretty much eliminate the idea that the pain was caused by the spicy chips! Have a think about other things that you do on a  more regular basis or that happened closer to the pain event. Maybe something you take for granted.

Your dad may have done research but the fact is there is huge conflicting evidence for the health risks and benefits of vitamins at this time. Until the evidence has come to a reasonable consensus among the scientific community then the safest course of action is to do what healthy people have always done... eat a healthy diet, and stay away from the miracle cures, they often do more harm than good.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I'm a Doctor.

Mason is fine.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Is drinkin 6 pack of diezals a day bad for you? I fuggin hope not mane.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Only a six pack? Jesus. You're worse off than I thought.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on April 12, 2011, 11:51:16 PM
Is drinkin 6 pack of diezals a day bad for you?

nah, it just toughens up your soft cock liver and makes your brain run more efficiently with less brain cells.

originaljulz

NZism: New Zealand's premier medical forum
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

massi4h

Na I said I haven't taken Vitamin C in ages. And I don't take megadoses. That's like 50g IVs used on patients who actually need it. Another reason we thought it was the chips, is cause when we first got the chips a couple weeks prior my dad had similar things happen to him but it lasted about a week and wasn't as bad. We were real close to taking him to the Emergency as well. Didn't remember that til the doctor was talking about how spicy food could cause it.

And honestly alot of the scientist Vitamin C stuff is bullshit. There are so many "miracle" natural substances that drug companies know they lose all their money so so much shit gets made up and thrown around. Pretty much a treatment that works 20% of the time is fine for them, but a natural substance that for some reason kills one guy out of a 1000 is bad.

Even most doctors are somehow taught that Vitamin C is bad. These stories come on 60 minutes all the time. Even recently there was a case where some dude was in hospital for something terminal and his brother knew about Vitamin C so he tried to make them put him on it. They pretty much wouldn't approve it until the dude was about to die and they said there's nothing they could do for him. So they give him a little dose and he starts getting better, and they do that daily. This isn't even half a proper dosage as well. He starts getting good again so they take him off and he starts dying again. Can't remember what happened at the end but I remember them asking the doctor and he said "Vitamin C didn't cure him. That's like saying a bus that went past the window cured him..." ffs.

MMS is another good substance my dad's been looking at recently, do some research on the stories if you want.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on April 13, 2011, 12:03:49 AM
Only a six pack? Jesus. You're worse off than I thought.

Man i've lied about how much i drink to myself and my mum so many times. I've actually started to believe it haha.

My hair is reallly grey now. I must do some research on why it is really grey. I am not leaving house without hat now.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on April 13, 2011, 09:05:18 AM
Man i've lied about how much i drink to myself and my mum so many times. I've actually started to believe it haha.

My hair is reallly grey now. I must do some research on why it is really grey. I am not leaving house without hat now.

I think the diezals are turning you into a super saiyan.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

I've had those chips..... They're nothing compared to BT wings.....
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CaptainHook

Quote from: massi4h on April 13, 2011, 02:04:57 AM
And honestly alot of the scientist Vitamin C stuff is bullshit.

The only thing i really believe in is balance. Don't have excessive amounts of bad stuff, and don't have excessive amounts of good stuff = She'll be right mate. Hahah.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

samurai black

secret spurious wave!

thanks for shout your attack name trend anime, really appreciate it.

Lennysaurus

"GRAVITY CHEESE!!! YOU ARE DELICIOUS!!!!"

"HAMILTON DISGUSTS ME!!!"

lol magneto

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero