• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Want a solo Tool gig around BDO 2011?

Started by Skullator, November 01, 2010, 09:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

Rorooze

I don't really care what a band looks like! I just don't want them to reproduce the exact same sound from their album at a concert I've spent 80+ bucks to go and see. Sure the effects and the music were good the first time, but a repeat the second time I saw them? That's just poor form. I felt the same way when Roger Waters came, played a bunch of songs exactly as they were from the albums then left the stage. Besides, they're not really "going out of their way" to come and play here either. they're doing it to make money.

All that said, if you haven't seen tool before, it's definitely best to do it at their own show rather than a festival. Going to a festival for a band which uses heaps of special effects just don't do their show justice.

Last concert I went to was rodrigo y gabriela, it was ace. Hate on that if you want, I don't care :D

Skullator

rodrigo y gabriela are the shit, that is all.

Rorooze

if they come back we should go boss or did you see em last time?

Skullator

CptMunta

I like Tool saw them 3 times now. Awesome each time. First Aenima tour other times Laturalus. So indeed I support your cause. One of my fav bands. Aenima is there best work I reckon. Still put it on every now and then. 3rd Eye, Pushit,

But the Mars Volta live! Woweeeee!

Fucking lets get Battles or Don Caballero over here. Bands or other great bands that record companies wouldn't dream sending over.

And Mountians of Murray need to get back together.

And bring Wesley Willis back from the dead.

And Ween need to come to Christchurch.  :P

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Skullator

Shot man, yeah TMV live did not disappoint

I felt bad that they had equipment issues during their sets and the sound was a little off... that was untill Eriatarka kicked in and I almost died of ecstasy, my fave one of theirs was hoping it would be in the set and it was lol. That song is such a trip.
Saw them at BDO too not at their own gig unfortunately :(

Rorooze

I think i've seen them four times now. The best I saw of them was definitely at the st james. that was fucking epic. Last time was at the events centre in greenlane. That was a shit show. Terrible acoustics, audience pissed the band off. wasn't a great atmosphere. Haven't seen them play anything from Octahedron, don't really want to either. Hopefully their next album is good otherwise I'll just be waiting for omar to do a solo show :<.

Lennysaurus

We should do a petition for a Katey Perry concert!

ITS LIKE IM LIVING A TEEEEN AGE DREAM!!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: WoundLenny on November 02, 2010, 08:42:29 AM
We should do a petition for a Katey Perry concert!

ITS LIKE IM LIVING A TEEEEN AGE DREAM!!!!!

Fucking AAA

Guuucccciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

geneterror

Didn't they confirm Katy Perry for early next year.

Would rather see leaked n00dz/sex tape ;D
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on November 02, 2010, 09:36:37 AM
Didn't they confirm Katy Perry for early next year.

Would rather see leaked n00dz/sex tape ;D

Yah she has awesome boobs.  Have you guys seen the GIF of her in the elmo shirt jumping around?  Shit is cash.

Lennysaurus