• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

The Zombie Apocalypse Thread

Started by Lennysaurus, November 03, 2010, 05:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

useless fact #2

Ice -t sings a song called cop killer. Ice - t then becomes an actor and plays the part of a cop.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Rorooze

exam rooms are not good places to be if a zombie apocalypse occurs. I took 4 pencils, figured if I pushed hard enough I could kill their brains through the eye socket, making enough way to run out. After that I'd make my way to lennys ultimate zombie killing hide out.

fluxcore

Where you would be used as a zombie sacrifice! Muhuhahahaa!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LMFAO!

Nah jak he can run our brackets for our zomby killing tournaments.

Also i'm the one with the boat. Suit yourself.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Barnstorm

I really think some of you are underestimating the difficulty of bashing and hacking a human head

I think you would be lucky to take down 5 zombies before you were starting to struggle. Not having had a chance to test it but my weapon of choice would be a sharp as hedge trimming type of tool (big scissors) hopefully to get a one snip kill with little effort.

I also think moving constantly is not necessary if you can get a place locked down or more ideally a place with no good access points such as a ladder as the only way in (or any climbing type of way in since i dont think zombies have any sort of coordination). The main issue would end up being supplies if you could get enough to last 6 months would all the zombies die from starvation?

originaljulz

Quote from: Barnstorm on November 05, 2010, 12:27:08 AM
I really think some of you are underestimating the difficulty of bashing and hacking a human head

I think you would be lucky to take down 5 zombies before you were starting to struggle. Not having had a chance to test it but my weapon of choice would be a sharp as hedge trimming type of tool (big scissors) hopefully to get a one snip kill with little effort.

I also think moving constantly is not necessary if you can get a place locked down or more ideally a place with no good access points such as a ladder as the only way in (or any climbing type of way in since i dont think zombies have any sort of coordination). The main issue would end up being supplies if you could get enough to last 6 months would all the zombies die from starvation?

I can't tell if you're kidding or if you're serious about using hedge trimmers lol. I have enough trouble cutting through big twig things/ small branches sometimes. That's when the machete comes out. Can't see a problem with a sharpened, well maintained machete unless you have no upper body strength or coordination and get it lodged in the zombies torso some how.

Moving constantly is pretty effective in the early stages of a low level zombie outbreak. Getting up to the first story of a building and smashing the staircase like Lenny said is a really good option. But you also can't forget about the psychological effects of the constant 24/7 zombie moaning around you and whoevers with you. If you're not mentally strong enough to deal with it, somebody in your group might, and that might lead to stuff like, going crazy and killing people, going crazy and somehow compromising your fort, or people just shutting down and giving up on the will to live.

I don't think zombies die of starvation, as there wouldn't be any physical need for them to eat at all. You'd have to wait for their bodies to literally rot away. Which depending on where you are, could take something like a few months to few years. Places with constant snow would prob have to deal with zombies freezing in the winter, then annual attacks every summer for ever, until they're all killed.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Eddy_COMBO

lol dual machetes, sledgehammers reminded me of that wu tang beat em up from the ps1(mean game)

Got a couple of machetes and axes in the tool shed(got hedge clippers as well probably not useful but maybe separating them would make some wicked weapons). Still got a couple of softball bats from when i use to play softball.

Heading to the coast isn't difficult since i live in Auckland. I live out west but ill probably head to the beaches along the Waitemata Harbour since they're less wild. My old man has got a dingy, problem is transporting it(guess we'll jus nick a trailer from a gas station lol)

Swords and Katanas? I'll pass mainly cause i cant wield them. Besides your likely to find a Taiaha than swords and katanas. Actually if you could wield a Taiaha properly that would be mean in ZA. Shit maybe all we need is a mean as Haka.

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

samurai black

Quote from: originaljulz on November 05, 2010, 01:23:41 AM
I can't tell if you're kidding or if you're serious about using hedge trimmers lol. I have enough trouble cutting through big twig things/ small branches sometimes. 

lolwtf just cause you suck doesnt mean everyone else will.

Barnstorm

A good pair of those hedge clippers can be so sharp it also doubles as a stabbing device straight into the eye/face. Could even dismantle it to have two sword like weapons

I also think that leaving the city to go sea side would be near impossible, i think everyone would have a similar idea and driving would be out of the question. To begin with I think you would have to lock everything down where you are. I have  a scooter which may be useful to go some where on the road with out worry of traffic, the problem there though is that it is easy pickings for a zombie since there is no protection.

samurai black

btw, would this ZA have zombie animals? rather not have my cat try to eat my leg anymore than it already does

CrazyMobius

So what do you do when the food runs out?

Lennysaurus

Get more food.

You could definitely survive for a while if you hit a store or dairy up and take all the canned goods.  Fishing, hunting, and growing crops would have to be started pretty soon as well, in order to make sure that you are able to start surviving.

One of my mates said that he would hit a library up when it was safe enough so that he could get a bunch of books on hunting, fishing, growing different plants and stuff which I thought was a really good idea.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

originaljulz

I have the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z by Max Brooks if you wanna borrow that, Lenny
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero