• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Console Wars Summary

Started by Gino, September 08, 2007, 08:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gino

Lol! Link

fluxcore

Also check out the bioshock review by the same guy - bit of a laugh.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

gunsmoke

nana..dreamcast da best....(*___*)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

Quote from: gunsmoke on September 16, 2007, 10:57:48 PM
nana..dreamcast da best....(*___*)

Probably true... even with all the new releases of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo for various platforms, the guys in the know at Shoryuken are saying the dreamcast version is the one to use.
Pity it didn't hang around long enough, since all the new games are on ps2 - in fact in my arcade cabinet I thought long and hard before deciding not to put a DC in there and just a PC + PS2 - I figured MvC2 on ps2 was close enough!

And to think I used to hate the ps2...  ::)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HCO

Quote from: fluxcore on September 16, 2007, 11:08:53 PM

And to think I used to hate the ps2...  ::)

--flux

The PS2's got a great library of fighting games, it's the only console I've bothered to buy (sometimes I borrow a friends DC). On a tangentially related note.. do most hardware stores have USB -> PS2 converters? Playing Third Strike with a keyboard is ASS.

fluxcore

Gino is probably the one to answer that, I know they are available but not entirely sure where from.

--flux

HCO

Quote from: fluxcore on September 17, 2007, 07:57:30 AM
Gino is probably the one to answer that, I know they are available but not entirely sure where from.

--flux

Well, that's hopeful at the least. The only fighting game I have on PS2 is Tekken 5, and I'm not really a huge fan of it. I play it sometimes and it's okay, but being forced to use the D-pad instead of the analog stick is like a virtual kick in the pants every time I load the game up.

Gino

The best place to get them from is trademe (only $10!). DSE and ebgames don't stock them. There is also playasia, but some people on trademe just wholesale that stuff anyway.