• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Modding Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Arcade Stick

Started by bigmal, November 18, 2010, 09:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmal

Hi, I bought one of these http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=331734815

Anyone ever modded one of these to use a ball top?

Thanks in advance.

moose!

Search history- I did.

Theres some good stuff on SRK about it, start with figuring out which PCB is in it because likely you'll have to replace that as well if you want to convert to PS3/PC.

I hope you have a chisel  :D

moose!

And don't even think about paying $120 for it- Tell him he's dreaming

DVS

Quote from: moose! on November 18, 2010, 09:46:19 PM
And don't even think about paying $120 for it- Tell him he's dreaming

I'll take whatever offer is the best.....gotta finance my MM with Smoof somehow eh...... ;)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

bigmal

The one I bought was already converted to work on PC with Happ buttons and stick, I just prefer a ball top stick not this other style.

moose!

HAHAHA @ DVS

It's usually done with Happ parts because it's a pretty simple change out for parts, and the straight format is more "american" I guess, so american parts. They are actually quite rare to find with Jap parts in if you've had a look around already.
I guess just putting the stick in isn't that hard, as long as you have a craft knife/chisel- the MDF under the perspex will need to have a 3 mm or so deep square cut into it the size of the JLF metal plate and a large hole for the guts of the stick, and its probably easier to just take out layers of it out with cut/chisel. Then it's just screwing it in and joining the wires correctly.