• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Original Namcos for sale (will trade for HRAP stick case)

Started by rugdoctor, November 25, 2010, 10:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rugdoctor

All buttons and stick working, $35.00 + shipping. No box though. Will 1:1 trade for a HRAP stick casing, any colour, any console version will do.

All your sticks belong to me!

St1gnate

what are the dimensions for it ? would be interested.

St1gnate

also assuming they are 30mm buttons ?

rugdoctor

Quote from: St1gnate on November 27, 2010, 11:25:50 AM
what are the dimensions for it ? would be interested.

I will have to measure it. Its thin and compact but solid as. The action buttons are 30mm, will fit sanwas/seimitsus nicely, although I find the hori's swim a little bit in them. Apparently the stock buttons are similar to seimitsus (even comes from the same factory I think?). The stick is hori-like and the switches are "Japan OMRON" ones like the ones you find with the sanwa jlf.

Try it out first before you decide to swap out anything, cause as a stock stick, its a pretty good stick.

St1gnate

if they will fit sanwas jlf stick and 30mm buttons dude i will be keen. got a paewang to fit in it.
throw me the price total with shipping to auckland.

Lennysaurus

that stuff will fit them in but putting the JLF in will take alot of fucking around.

TBH the stock namco parts are pretty decent and if you were buying it for the sole purpose of sticking parts inside you're probably better off looking at something else cause in the end itll be alot less work.  The case is quite small and hard to work with.

Fucking great sticks though, and at 35 bucks for the condition it is in its a good buy.  Anyone that wants a PS3 stick thatll last an eternity and don't mind getting a converter (which is like 30-40 bucks) could happily get this and have themselves a decent PS3 stick for 70 bucks imo.  Played on one of these bad boys for years.

Ive never seen one with grey buttons/stick though Rugdoctor.  That pretty cool.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

St1gnate

is it quite a pain have to fit in the jlf's in them ?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yes. Although swapping the stick is the easy part. If you want to swap the buttons, you basically need to know how to de-solder, or need a brand new PCB. The PCB on the namco is literally soldered to the buttons. No wires. TBH im not even 100% sure if the JLF will fit properly. Lenny probably knows more about it than me.

I wouldnt bother TBH. Like Lenny says, the stock parts are ok. And they can take a fucking pounding. PS1 Namco sticks will last you FOREVER.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

Modding the buttons aint too bad but its a bit of work as bill has pointed out. The stick on the otherhand....

I honestly dont know of any good joystick that will fit in the case un-modified.  Once you get it to fit in you suddenly realise that the whole shaft of the stick is poking out the top http://arkadesticks.com/namcomoden.htm which feels horrible to play on. Replacing the jlf shaft with a short one just makes it feel like crap.  You just cant win when it comes to the stick of the namco.

You should probably only buy the namco if your not planning to mod it.

rugdoctor

To all who is contemplating of modifying the lever of the stick, dont, cause the case is quite shallow fo the shaft will hit the plate if you mount the stick and even if it does not hit the bottom plate, it will ride a little high. The action buttons are as far as I would go, if you want more precision in the stick, I would recommend either finding another shaft of similar length or a thicker actuator to hit the switches sooner or modifying the switches to becoming more sensitive or getting a slightly stiffer spring or a combination of the above. I had lots of fun (and frustration) trying to sort that out, but its a pleasant journey all in all...expecially since i had a variety of spare parts from different sticks to play with.

rugdoctor

The modded namco was the best combination I can muster up. A marriage between the stock shaft, spring and actuator of my dreamcast agetec arcade stick with the stock switches and other associated plastic bits of the namco minus roughly 3mm off the top of the namco mount.

The colour scheme was modelled after autobot leader optimus prime, cause I think g1 o.p is the greatest designed fictional character ever (plus red is my favourate colour, but can not bring myself to spray paint the plate red)

The intention of the mod was to make a stick more 2D shooting game and old school 2D fighting game friendly. At the end, I felt I achieved that but I have too many sticks to play with, hence the massive clear out.   

rugdoctor

Barnstorm

hey bro can you do me a huge favor and possibly take photos of the inside of the hss-136 and the hori fight stick 1

also can you get a photo for size comparison of them both next to some of your other sticks (ideally a Hori ex and hrap)

I have been searching the net for some photos but getting nothing

Reason i ask is that i am looking for a case to put in the ps360 thought one of these might be ideal

rugdoctor

best i bring the 2 sticks to your place when i pick up the ps360 from your place. hraps wil definitely more than fit those pcbs cause of its large cavity.

Barnstorm

Quote from: rugdoctor on December 04, 2010, 09:59:40 PM
best i bring the 2 sticks to your place when i pick up the ps360 from your place. hraps wil definitely more than fit those pcbs cause of its large cavity.

Thats not a bad idea

I was just curious about the sticks to use them as cases
i was planning on replacing with sanwa/semitsu parts and hooking it up to the ps360